Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Needs Help (DucksRock's Blog Post)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » SMITEFire Needs Help (DucksRock's Blog Post) 75 posts - page 1 of 8
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 19, 2016 9:59am | Report
Here is the link to DucksRock's blog post:

SMITEFIRE needs help, and only we, the casual community, can grant it!

Since it is difficult to keep track of current progress and status, I'll do my best to help maintain the list. I need help, though, so I'd appreciate anyone's help in bringing attention to up-to-date guides that you feel are solid. Point them out to me, and I can read/review for consideration. If you're a mod/vet/editor, I may just take your word for it, for now.

I don't think we'll be picky for now, so it doesn't have to be only Conquest builds. We'll consider those for other modes as well. Sound good? Have ideas? Give em to me.

I've updated my list from The Overarching Conquest Guide with Prism's list in the thread below.

*NOTE* When I refer to a guide being (All Modes), it just means that the build looks like it should work in multiple modes...perhaps not every one, but most.

Gods that need guides!

Full Lists

Guides A-F

Guides G-P

Guides R-Z
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » October 19, 2016 1:54pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

It's a bit difficult to search for this thread in Ducks' blog. Looking to at least link it here for easier searching (and making it a sticky?).

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/blog/ducksrock/smitefire-needs-help-and-only-we-the-casual-community-can-grant-it

That list is so outdated. I think having the list updated and put here in the forums should be better. Not to mention the people in the comments of the blog that said they would make a guide and (as of yet) haven't. I think I might just go through the god pages and check for myself.

Edit: My browser crashed because I opened 81 tabs at once.
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 19, 2016 2:16pm | Report
@Tech, yeah, that is the better idea, but I sure as heck don't want to maintain that list...and as time goes by, you have to continue watching for new god guides, then reading and confirming the builds are strong, re-adding the need for god guides for those that only have outdated ones...

Cuz just having guides for gods isn't the purpose. We want GOOD guides with strong knowledge and info. Don't really know how we'll be able to do this...we can't even get Ducks & Zilby to maintain their guides (even with me heckling and pleading with them, lol).

Also, "maintaining" guides isn't necessarily difficult, depending on content. In some cases, with no changes, just re-publishing with a notation that it's current as of X.XX patch is good enough for the reader to know it's up-to-date, and for the SMITEFire guide system to register it as "fresh."

EDIT: Since I've initiated this thread from Ducks' blog post, I'll see if I can at least maintain the original post by posting gods that are covered and/or gods that are not. I'll need some help for people to read guides and advise which ones are potentially solid. I can read them myself if you want to point them out to me.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 19, 2016 3:39pm | Report
Decided to take some time and make a "Gods with actually well done guides" table.

It's all gonna be in a spoiler cuz I don't wanna destroy Techno -q

Criteria for the list: Age + Build + Skill + Rating + Commentary = Result.

click here

In total, we need OF 34 NEW ACTUALLY WELL DONE GUIDES. THIS IS URGENT. (Discounted Nemesis and Serqet)

#ZilbyCorrectingMe
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 19, 2016 3:47pm | Report
I like how the Ne Zha says we are in need, but not in red because **** ne zha.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 19, 2016 3:50pm | Report
Yeah I was not paying attention, my bad, updated it
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IceColdPappsi » October 19, 2016 4:04pm | Report
Thx for mentioning me as the updated Agni guide. I have made ones for Cupid, Mercury and Ymir, if you'd like to go check them out. I am currently working on an Ao Kuang Guide, which will come out sometime this weekend(ish). As of future plans, I might make a Ra guide as I play with him more in Casual and test out builds and see if they're viable. Other than that, I might have a few mage ones like Hades and Scylla. Let me know if you have suggestions.

IceColdPappsi
<Master Wizard>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » October 19, 2016 4:25pm | Report
@Pris, I'm going to include those that you added in my list as well, cool?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » October 19, 2016 5:15pm | Report
Koolio, I just think mine is more updated and more "To the point" than yours but yeah

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » October 19, 2016 5:49pm | Report
That dis to bran's list had no mercy right there
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }