I'm an old man that's officially too old to play SMITE (I'm 42, lol). I have a wife and 2 kids (9 and 6.5 years) and I typically spend their waking hours with them. That usually leaves me a couple of hours on some nights to rest and relax (split between my wife, SMITE and whatever other games currently strike my fancy).
*note* My standard gametime usually starts ~9 PM Pacific (-7:00 / -8:00 GMT). SMITE PC IGN is MuffinMan17. Look for me in-game, and add me as a friend if you'd like to play sometime. I'm chill, though I DO like to talk about builds.
I first got into SMITE (my first and only MOBA) at the suggestion of my nephew, a cocky teenage bastard (only to me, he says, but he LIES). I queue most modes somewhat equally (though these days I prefer Conquest more than other modes).
Here and there, I also play other games on PC and other systems. Current playlist (other than SMITE) includes a rotating cast of PC games including Destiny 2 (barely getting into it) and a variety of indie games (MO: Astray is at the top of that list to play). On PS4, I'm still working my way through FF7: Remake. On the Switch, my kids have mostly taken it over playing their characters on Animal Crossing. I have an unending backlist of games that I need to play / finish (e.g. PC's Divinity: Original Sin 2, Vermintide 2, Child of Light, etc., etc.).
Recent games I've played through include Underhero and Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Recent games I played and quit prematurely include Horace, CrossCode, and Battle Chasers: Nightwar.
I've been gaming since I can remember...I have vague memories of my dad propping me up on his knee so I could play arcade games at Chuck E. Cheese's...when the "new" games were Dig Dug, Joust, Q-Bert, and others...that puts my starting age around 4 years old. I've retained my old Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, and Dreamcast to graduate my kids through the history of gaming. Too bad I don't have my Genesis, and have lost quite a few games over the years (probably mostly letting other people borrow them!).
Favorite games, on the oldest systems, include:
- NES: Battletoads, RC Pro Am, Cobra Triangle, The Legend of Zelda (of course), Super Mario Bros. 3, Blades of Steel, Double Dribble, Bases Loaded, Castlevania, Ghosts 'n' Goblins, the Mega Man series, Metroid, Mike Tyson's Punch Out!, Pro Wrestling (Star Man!), Startropics
- SNES: Zelda/A Link to the Past, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 2/3 (4/6 Japan), Chrono Trigger, Super Mario Kart, Super Metroid, Super Castlevania IV, F-Zero, Star Fox, UN Squadron
- Genesis: Road Rash, Streets of Rage 2, OG Sonic, Toe Jam & Earl, Golden Axe
- N64: Super Mario 64, Zelda/The Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros
- Arcade: Dig Dug, Rampage, Mr. Do!, Kangaroo, Congo Bongo, Knights of the Round, TMNT, Gauntlet, any gun game like Time Crisis
I'm an avid hockey fan (go Ducks!), play ice hockey (not that well), am 7 years into my retirement from karate since I was 7 years old, and I'm pretty sure I know a good deal about dietary supplements, as I've been in the industry for ~23 years now.