2018/11/30: Guide is current as of Patch 5.22, "Arrival."
Facelift of the map has been implemented, so updated the art and changed the details on the Minotaur.
Main thanks to Bullfrog323
for their knowledge and feedback on the Arena mode. Also thanks to everyone else who's provided feedback!
Hello everyone! My name is Branmuffin17
(PC IGN: Muffinman17, PS4 IGN: Branmuffin17), and I'm a SMITEFire moderator and casual SMITE player on PC and PS4.
Welcome to my general guide for SMITE's Arena
mode, designed to apply on a high level to gameplay and tips
, rather than focusing on individual gods or builds. It contains significant influence and content from the absent TormentedTurnip
, whose guide, Pffft, Minions: A General Guide to Arena
, is outdated...which is why I've created this in the first place.
This guide targets the following players:
- New players familiarizing themselves with gods or general gameplay mechanics of SMITE
- Regulars looking to improve with or try new gods but dread risking the wrath of jerks in Conquest
- Regulars looking for a refresher or to possibly learn a helpful tip or two
- Regulars that enjoy providing feedback, suggestions, and thoughts (thanks!)
One of the most popular modes of SMITE, the Arena is a perfect place to learn the mechanics of a god you're unfamiliar with. This mode often has the shortest matches (<20 minutes), so is also a great pick if you don't have much time to play.
Arena provides some unique experiences that you won't get in other modes (especially Conquest), which also makes it a great mode for beginners:
- No worrying about the jungle and getting ganked from around a corner
- You don't have to ward or hope that others will ward
- The base is extremely close, so you can go back to base anytime without worrying too much
- You don't need to know rotations for mid-harpies, Gold Fury, Fire Giant, etc.
As a final thought before we begin, understand that I'm not the best player (or anywhere close to it!). With time and experience, I have found the following to be helpful to me, and hope it may help others.
If you get something out of this, hopefully it will help increase your enjoyment of this awesome game. Keep in mind, though, that nothing beats experience. Keep an open mind to what you're doing correctly, as well as what you need to work on, and it's inevitable that you'll improve.