Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 6: Update Notes (Balance)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Season 6: Update Notes (Balance) 49 posts - page 4 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » January 16, 2019 3:42pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

@Myst, for Cupid, bide your time. Veer away from crits...and the new Malice's passive isn't worth it for him.

Do the traditional Trans build with a bit more ability focus. Take advantage of the late-game when possible. Get Qin's, max your AS, etc.
His base AS is 0.95 (+1.8%), which at level 20 should be 1.31. Flutter at max rank adds 20% or 0.19. Exe adds 0.2375. Qin's adds 0.1425. O-Bow adds .38. That's a solid 2.26 for some nice Qin's procs. Anything lower than around 30% AS will not overcap his AS, though you can consider Atalanta's Bow...it'll overcap by 0.04.

Other options include Brawler's Beat Stick, Shifter's Shield, Bloodforge (yes, double-lifesteal there if you get SE), or even some added control such as from Frostbound Hammer, or Hydra's Lament. And of course, can always consider Titan's Bane for true tank-killing.

Hydra's you have to be really good to pull off, I don't think it's worth it.

Soul Eater isn't really worth it compared to someone like Neith. Only his 1 and ult damage.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » January 17, 2019 7:52am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

@Myst, for Cupid, bide your time. Veer away from crits...and the new Malice's passive isn't worth it for him.

Do the traditional Trans build with a bit more ability focus. Take advantage of the late-game when possible. Get Qin's, max your AS, etc.
His base AS is 0.95 (+1.8%), which at level 20 should be 1.31. Flutter at max rank adds 20% or 0.19. Exe adds 0.2375. Qin's adds 0.1425. O-Bow adds .38. That's a solid 2.26 for some nice Qin's procs. Anything lower than around 30% AS will not overcap his AS, though you can consider Atalanta's Bow...it'll overcap by 0.04.

Other options include Brawler's Beat Stick, Shifter's Shield, Bloodforge (yes, double-lifesteal there if you get SE), or even some added control such as from Frostbound Hammer, or Hydra's Lament. And of course, can always consider Titan's Bane for true tank-killing.

I was looking forward for some buff especially on his early clear which is pure **** but HR showed with this god balance (except Zeus) that they know what they are doing.

Now to what matters:

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 17, 2019 10:18am | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

Regarding Soul Eater, I'm thinking you could answer this one, but I'll lay it out as I see it.

Both Trans and Devo's directions are viable for Cupid. Trans is obviously nice for the awesome scaling for Heart Bomb and good scaling for Fields Of Love. Even his heal has a bit of scaling, so that's nice, and thus high power builds work great.

With his minor but significant permanent AS steroid in Flutter, the Devo's route can also work. A bit less power, but the lifesteal is nice, because his heal isn't super powerful and is more functional outside of fights to heal up for sustain purposes that way.

When we're going with the Trans build, you're focusing to a degree on abilities, obviously from the power and mana, but also for the CDR. So you ask why SE (which I only gave as an option)? You seem to be focusing on the passive function, which is only part of the equation and (granted) isn't that great for Cupid due to only having 1 normal ability that deals damage, hence not that much lifesteal from that.

That said, it's got more CDR and high power, and some base lifesteal. You went Trans, and again, Share The Love isn't a strong heal and not functional when boxing. At least you get some heals from your basics with the item, with the additional benefit of CDR. You used Jotunn's as an example in your first build in that spot...so you miss out on the boxing lifesteal function. Yes, you get more CDR, and some flat pen. But both have positives and negatives. There are plenty of reasons SE can be functional. Just have to decide if you like the tradeoff.

And all of my other examples are just that, examples, and the fact that you can now replace your boots for an additional item just really opens up a variety of ways you can add to the build without being detrimental to the base build. Fine on Frost, but it does bring added CC to a god that only has CC (soft without full stacks, hard with full) in one ability outside of his ult. Hydra's adds risk? I mean, you might not always get the proc, but it adds to his CDR and has good power, and you've got all your needed core items at that point, so the risk is honestly minimal.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » January 17, 2019 11:25am | Report
I think you got me wrong, I didn't want to seem angry or rude, I was just asking. I'm sorry anyway.

So wouldn't be better build Trans and Asi instead Soul Eater?
As you said SE passive is somehow worthless but the item stats may make it worth, but I was thinking asi wouldn't fit better? It's cheaper, provide more LS (base and with the passive) and also some attack speed to fully stack Lovestruck easier and often, letting his skills stronger.

Right after asi comes Jotunn's Wrath for early cooldown 'cause if you upgrade his ultimate and combo with his Heart Bomb it's a really insane damage, so this cooldown is really helpful get this combo online. At this point all stats of SE were completely substituted and you have even some advantages, and late game of course I would change Asi into Bloodforge

About Hydra's Lament, by risky I mean that you may not proc the item passive if you don't have good aim or play in consoles. At least for me, is extremely normal miss ranged attacks, so you could have been wasting an slot with an item that is not being efficient. Although the cooldown is good, with my standard build I'd have already 30%, so this 10% doesn't make a big difference and the MP5 passive is useless since I'd have trans + cupid is not mana hungry late game + STL regenerating mana with allies picking it. I didn't mean that you will ruin yourself by making this item, just that could be a waste.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 17, 2019 11:52am | Report
You didn't seem angry or rude...I didn't take it that way. I was just going through my whole thought process. Don't worry about it.

Asi is another option, definitely. It always has been an option when going the Trans route, and the low cost and easier passive stacking you mentioned is noted. But instead of going 0 power (though it does have pen), I was aiming for less item replacement where possible (since you'll already be doing that with Tabi if you get that far) and more power throughout the build, while still getting a bit of sustain function.

Also acknowledged on your points about Hydra's.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » January 20, 2019 12:13am | Report
I know I'm a bit late, but ability-based Cupid is fun.

I used:

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » January 20, 2019 8:04am | Report
Tlaloc1050 wrote:

I know I'm a bit late, but ability-based Cupid is fun.

I used:

Burst Cupid is Life <3

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » January 22, 2019 11:21am | Report
Merlin revealed today.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 23, 2019 1:19pm | Report
@Myst: Your prayers have been answered. Rat can now sell his acorn.

Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » January 24, 2019 7:22am | Report
Elixir of Speed needs it's price decreased. It's too expensive.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }