Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 6: Update Notes (Balance)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Season 6: Update Notes (Balance) 49 posts - page 5 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » January 24, 2019 8:22am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Elixir of Speed needs it's price decreased. It's too expensive.

I guess they made it to force people still buying shoes early. And I bet a lot of people will buy this thing before late game and will not buy shoes if they decrease the price.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » January 24, 2019 8:24am | Report
Not really, you still need boots early game.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » January 24, 2019 9:06am | Report
Yeah, we that participate here, discuss builds etc know that, but and the newbies? Or just people that don't do what we do? People that just go and buy any item? I guess this was the way they found to make these people avoid buying this item too early.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 24, 2019 9:14am | Report
The item only benefits you when you have a full build and need an extra item slot. Making a cost 2000 gold is basically just delaying the late game even further even if only by a little time.

Easiest fix is to drop the price to 1500 gold and only make it available after 20 or 30 minutes. Stops new players from buying it early, it makes the price a bit more reasonable.

To go one thought further, you could even create tier 4 for all shoes and just make it a final upgrade version.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » January 24, 2019 9:30am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

To go one thought further, you could even create tier 4 for all shoes and just make it a final upgrade version.

By doing this people would buy it early game, or even start a kind of "meta" of buying some T2 (incomplete) items just like I already saw people doing in LoL?

Or even HR decides to create a new tier items? T4?

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 24, 2019 9:46am | Report
No, same restrictions as before. Make it only upgradeable after a certain time. But keeping it in the shoes tree would sort of make sense.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 24, 2019 11:12am | Report
Myst, you did see my comment that Rat can sell his acorn for the Elixir now, right?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » January 24, 2019 11:16am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Myst, you did see my comment that Rat can sell his acorn for the Elixir now, right?

No, I didn't but I saw this on the livestream they showed the new skins. Hope they bring back his acorns now. I didn't see 'cause in the feed there was only things about a king arthur guide.

EDIT: Now I saw it. Thank you God and Hi-Rez <3, next step is bring back his acorns ;)
Branmuffin17 wrote:

No, same restrictions as before. Make it only upgradeable after a certain time. But keeping it in the shoes tree would sort of make sense.

If you are going to put these restrictions then I'd rather the potion than a "T4" item or "evolved boot". But would be nice the limit of 20 minutes and lower the price.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 24, 2019 12:19pm | Report
I was thinking a bit outside the box. Now that I'm on a computer I can sort of flesh the idea out more.

So...if you create a T4/upgrade path from boots, it solves the problem of being able to have boots and the Elixir at the same time, but have the MS from boots no longer do anything.

The whole point of the late Elixir is to straight up replace boots' MS and clear up a space for an item. So why not have it follow the same pathway, where when you get the upgrade, it automatically replaces/deletes the boots. And of course, that upgrade isn't unlocked until a set time.

In the item listing, it would then move from an actual item to show in the buffs section, freeing up a spot.

And just to be stupid, I vote for the name to be "ethereal kicks." Ethereal because it's ghostly, as it will no longer be an actual item. The visual for it will be ghostly and wispy too...and kicks so we can make them look like 1990's Air Jordan high tops. When you use the jump function you jump double what you currently do XD
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }