Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 6: Update Notes (Balance)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Season 6: Update Notes (Balance) 49 posts - page 3 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » January 16, 2019 8:18am | Report

I think they said Ratatoskr won't be able to get use from it since his acorn counts as his boots and he can't sell it. He can buy it, but he won't get extra benefits since the item doesn't stack with boots movement speed.

That's ridiculous. He already fall at late game, this will make things even worst to him. I can't see him being very useful in other modes. so indirectly this is a VERY BIG nerf (another one). They have to make something about it I want my rat to tier again >:(

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » January 16, 2019 8:49am | Report
Vini_sds wrote:

I’m not sure how to feel about Ao Kuang’s new passive, however. Is it a buff or a nerf? And jungle camps will have magical protections now? Is that a direct nerf for him?

I think they have magical protection scaling as the game goes on if im not mistaken. His new passive is a buff, and it also furthers his viability in solo lane further.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 16, 2019 12:06pm | Report

I'm confused about one thing. When it come to the new Totem objective, does one person need to do the full damage or is it a team? Like, if a solo and jungler on the same team are both taking it, will the damage from them combine or are they both working on taking it separately?

The totem has x # of HP (250 to start, after each subsequent "kill" the HP goes up). The team that does the full damage first secures the buff. This can be by multiple gods on the same team, or a single god (roving Jungler or Solo-laner are most likely).

You could also potentially come across a situation where the secure is contested...both sides attacking the Totem simultaneously. Unlike other objectives where the last hit gets the secure, whichever team does the full HP first gets the buff. Consider it like it's got a separate HP pool for each team.
xmysterionz wrote:

I'm worried about this totem. Doesn't it will force people get early damage solos just to secure it? Apparently I will have to start buy wards when playing with a tank character cause ganks will happen all the time ;-;

One of the important things to note here is that the buff is minor in terms of gold, and really only helps all the lanes in defense, as the buff is only when you're in range of your own tower. So this isn't something where they secure like a GF or FG and get a clear benefit for offensive use.

And in all honesty, the Solo lane gets left alone too much. If you're not buying wards in Solo, it's because that lane is often just separate and a basic 1 v 1, and you're having it too easy and taking it for granted. Everyone should be buying wards, or at least those that don't should be more liable to be punished for it.

As HR said, the Duo lane is a gank lane for the jungler right now, and this potentially helps draw the jungler away from the Duo a bit. At least it opens up positives for being on either side.

As for choosing early-damage Solos? That's fine. Warriors were a bit weaker at the end. Lots of mages and guardians in Solo, people using Guardian's Blessing (which I maintain is a terrible thing and HR needs to fix that). The rise of Warriors is important, as it re-balances things and brings back in the tankier gods in that lane to allow for better balance of the entire team, IMO.
Tlaloc1050 wrote:

Will multiple of these stack? If so that would be pretty funny in training mode

No, single purchase, no stacking.
xmysterionz wrote:

I'm curious about my Ratatoskr, what will happen to him if buy it? nothing? or does it stacks? 'cause he doesn't have a boot, he has an acorn :v

That's ridiculous. He already fall at late game, this will make things even worst to him. I can't see him being very useful in other modes. so indirectly this is a VERY BIG nerf (another one). They have to make something about it I want my rat to tier again >:(

Confirming, HR said he won't be able to buy the elixir (or it won't do anything for him). @Myst, I know I wrote a lot, but I DID notate this about Rat in my writeup.

We'll see how long the average match lasts as S6 gets underway, but many times, you won't reach that late-game, so a lot of times you won't be dealing with that.

That said, I agree this sort of throws things out of whack for Rat. The way they said it, it sounds like "hey if you're Rat, your strong game is in the mid-game. If you can't help your team finish the game before the late-game, then it's your fault you're going to be out-matched item-wise." And I don't think that's too good.
Vini_sds wrote:

Rant: Bastet’s buff will do nothing to address her issues. Probably her jungle clear will be better, but she’s still predictable because of her one and her ultimate is still useless, since any god with AoE abilities (90% of the roster) will simply delete her cats.

I’m not sure how to feel about Ao Kuang’s new passive, however. Is it a buff or a nerf? And jungle camps will have magical protections now? Is that a direct nerf for him?

True on Bastet regarding not really fixing her issues. Also, although all of her abilities are technically AOE, 2 of her 3 regular abilities are not really optimal for jungle clear. Her leap has a lot of damage in it, but then you waste her only escape. Her 2 has a ton of damage in it, but it's a DoT and so is not efficient for quicker clear. Her 3 is then technically her best jungle clear, as it's instant damage, but it's also her only CC (a slow, which is not even hard CC at that).

She needs a retool. Give her Pounce a 2 second, 20% slow, maybe. Keep her Razor Whip the same, as a pure damaging ability. And for Declaw, change the CC from a slow to maybe a 1 second root and cripple or something. If that unbalances her, drop her base damage or scaling a bit to compensate.

As for Ao Kuang, the problem with it as HR said was that his passive was directly tied into his ult success. A passive should typically be something that a god can utilize to some degree at almost all times, situationally. But is it a buff or nerf? Hard to say. He previously permanently got up to 45 magical power and 15% lifesteal at full stacks.

Now instead of the power, he gets some unique CDR to the used ability...that's hard to say in terms of direct comparison. The power wasn't that high, and his skills aren't high scaling, but the CDR won't be that useful unless he's consistently in a teamfight or follow-up chasing. But there, I'd give the edge to the CDR as being more situationally useful.

As for the lifesteal, 15% stock lifesteal is hard to beat. 5% healing of his max health is likely around 100 health each proc, as he typically doesn't build many items that have health. Rather than a max 3 procs at a time, having each hit have some lifesteal function is nice...but of course, you now get the passive even at the beginning of the game, rather than having to wait. So, overall, I probably again give the edge to the new passive, at least in short bursts...and he already will be building some lifesteal items in his build anyway.

Jungle camps will have protections that increase as players level. At least that's what I get from their vocal description. That said, I don't see in their notes that they detail physical protections, only magical protections from 0 to 5. That's technically almost nothing...shouldn't affect AK too much in that respect.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DiabeticRage » January 16, 2019 12:10pm | Report
Very interested to see how the whole speed elixir idea shakes out. Thanks for summarizing all that info Bran...

but I'm still pronouncing it on-see-lay AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME!!!

DiabeticRage

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 16, 2019 12:40pm | Report
DiabeticRage wrote:

but I'm still pronouncing it on-see-lay AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP ME!!!

I've also heard "ann-see-uhl," and "ann-chee-lay." In my head I say the first of these, and I try to avoid saying anything aloud XD Glad you caught that notation I made though, hahaha!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » January 16, 2019 12:54pm | Report
I call Ancile, "Ann-See-lay"

I did found this:

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/ancile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YFCXv-Zudg

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » January 16, 2019 12:58pm | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Holy **** they did it! They ****ing nerfed Loki! ****ing finally.

You sound a little too happy. Everything ok?

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » January 16, 2019 1:10pm | Report
Yes. Im high on chlorophyll. Season 6 is looking decent.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 16, 2019 1:37pm | Report
@Myst, for Cupid, bide your time. Veer away from crits...and the new Malice's passive isn't worth it for him.

Do the traditional Trans build with a bit more ability focus. Take advantage of the late-game when possible. Get Qin's, max your AS, etc.
His base AS is 0.95 (+1.8%), which at level 20 should be 1.31. Flutter at max rank adds 20% or 0.19. Exe adds 0.2375. Qin's adds 0.1425. O-Bow adds .38. That's a solid 2.26 for some nice Qin's procs. Anything lower than around 30% AS will not overcap his AS, though you can consider Atalanta's Bow...it'll overcap by 0.04.

Other options include Brawler's Beat Stick, Shifter's Shield, Bloodforge (yes, double-lifesteal there if you get SE), or even some added control such as from Frostbound Hammer, or Hydra's Lament. And of course, can always consider Titan's Bane for true tank-killing.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 16, 2019 3:09pm | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Yes. Im high on chlorophyll. Season 6 is looking decent.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }