Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Season 6: Update Notes (Balance)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Season 6: Update Notes (Balance) 49 posts - page 1 of 5
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 15, 2019 11:51am | Report
Link to the official patch notes are here: https://www.smitegame.com/news/season-6-6-1-update-notes

Today's update notes include:
  • Item Balance
  • E-Sports / Community News (won't cover this)
  • God balance
  • Conquest changes

Item Changes:

Blessings

Relics

Elixir

Not going to cover T2 items unless they're significant changes.

Magical Items

Physical Items

Universal Items

Masks

God Changes:

God Balance

Conquest Balance
  • Kill bounty adjustments (all game modes): kill bounties (gold and XP) will increase for god kills, based on being a lower level than the god you killed. "Anti-snowball mechanic."

• Game start time: 1 minute before game start instead of 1:30. Fountains will now boost MS of players leaving the fountain during the game start countdown, to get people to different places more quickly, and persist until 15 seconds after the game starts.

• New Objective - Totem of Ku: Behind the FG, near the Solo lane. Neutral structure that doesn't deal damage. 300 (probably) base health (+250 each time the totem is taken), 15 phys/10 magical protections, spawns at 1:00, respawns 1 minute after it's taken. Despawns at 15 minutes. The team that deals enough damage to the totem will have all of their tower areas empowered and each team member gains 25 gold. No kill stealing, each team has to deal full damage. Any allied god in the area receives a buff of 5% MS and some MP5. Helps for early snowball prevention, and allows Solo laners or Junglers to help carry other lanes.

• Entrance/exit to Solo lane changed: 3 instead of 4, with the addition of Totem.

• Gold Fury: 2 additional forms...Oni and Primal. Rotating. Start is base GF, and each new spawn will be something different.

Oni provides: On the next round of minion spawns in all 3 lanes, they will receive damage/protection buffs, and bonus health. Strength-wise, in between a regular minion and fire minion wave. Used for lane pressure.

Primal provides: all gods on the killing team gain 5% increased damage to jungle camps and bosses. Stacks permanently up to 3 times. Used for jungle pressure.

• Fire Giant: Enhanced FG will now use the magma pools ability. Some other adjustments / buffs to the FG as well. Also, used a funny but incorrect quote from Hinduman on the movie Dodgeball XD

• Jungle Balance: camps have more health/protections per level so they're not easy to clear later-game.

• Towers/Phoenixes: the structures have visual effects on them if backdoor protections are currently active.

Whew. That's it for today. Some other updates tomorrow, including going over visual updates, and a Q & A. In all, I really like all of these changes. Continued nerfs to stronger gods in general, with buffs to the weaker gods, and some good balance reasoning overall.

Interesting changes to the Conquest stuff too.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » January 15, 2019 12:19pm | Report
That speed potion is sick (things looking good for tanks and Chronos ADC). Welp. Rip burst mages (and rip poly) that rely on power scaling. Mages can also sell boots now for the potion, so mantle is gonna pop up more.

I still can't believe they haven't changed guardian's blessing to require assist ranges.

Blackthorn hammer.

So far looks like Warriors and Chronos (pen boots, bancrofts, warlocks, demonic, telkhines, tahuti, sell pen boots for doom orb or deso) lategame holy ****) season 6.

Anubis lol. Ao Kuang solo?! Bacchus.... Bacchus... Bacchus... Hercules regrowth + blackthorn,

Holy **** they did it! They ****ing nerfed Loki! ****ing finally.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » January 15, 2019 1:09pm | Report
I'm pretty excited. These changes look awesome so far. There's so much to experiment/test with.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » January 15, 2019 1:18pm | Report
DV-8 wrote:

I'm pretty excited. These changes look awesome so far. There's so much to experiment/test with.

Looks like games might go on for longer though, gods getting tankier, crit nerfed, qins more relevant. Burst mages/anyone using thoth/reaver/poly/botd = nerf (rip kuku you will be missed).

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » January 15, 2019 1:33pm | Report
Bran, your physical items list is missing the list BBCode.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » January 15, 2019 1:40pm | Report
They didn't buff my Cupid buty hope lasts until patch 6.3 when he gains a skin

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » January 15, 2019 1:48pm | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

They didn't buff my Cupid buty hope lasts until patch 6.3 when he gains a skin

Well Hunters are going to be better with non-crit items so technically he's buffed.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » January 15, 2019 2:10pm | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Well Hunters are going to be better with non-crit items so technically he's buffed.

I hope so, but I was expecting a little change to buff his wave clear at least but whatever, Loki was nerfed so I'm happy anyway.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » January 15, 2019 2:18pm | Report
No freya nerfs. Disappointed.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » January 15, 2019 2:24pm | Report
boogiebass wrote:

No freya nerfs. Disappointed.

Burst mage Freya is nerfed but yeah you're right.

I think mage adcs are gonna be more relevant with the book tree nerfs.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }