Today I'll bring you Law - A Tyr guide (S5, Patch 5.16)
August 31, 2018
Hi everyone, my name is x MysTeRioN z. I play this game on Xbox one and sometimes on PC.
I started playing with Tyr and I loved this guy mechanics and gameplay so
I'm here to help you play with this big guy that can be a REALLY trouble to enemy team if used right.
Art by SkyFlu via DevianArt
"The law returns to this land!" - Tyr
Tyr is no longer the ridiculous strong character he was but still one of the best solos you can pick.
I'm open to suggestions to make this guide even better, so don't forget to upvote this guide (if you liked) and tell me what I should improve, what I should change and if this guide was helpful for you.
Pros / Cons
"Justice shall be done!" - Tyr
- Good Crowd Control
- Ultimate with Stances
- Excellent escape w/ the ultimate
- Good teamwork
- Low cooldown on ultimate
- Power/defenses when you need it
- Good sustain with self-healing
- Has a disarm
- Beautiful ultimate animation
- References everywhere
- Combo easy to miss
- No real escape without ultimate
- Easy countered by CC imunity/Silences
- Hard for beginners
- Weak against CC immunity objectives
- High cooldowns
- Sock PuppeTyr has an annoying laugh
"Come, justice awaits!" - Tyr
is the law and nobody can touch on the law. Stuns, Taunts, Fears, Intoxicate, and Mesmerize cannot affect Tyr
for longer than 1s. If these effects are longer than 1s they are automatically reduced to 1s.
TIPS AND HOW TO USE
Cooldown: 15 secs
80/180/280/380/480 (+100% of your Physical Power) (In 2 hits)
70/120/170/220/270 (+50% of your Physical Power) (1x)
fears nothing so he avance forward immune to knockup and knockback doing damage to all enemies he hits.
- If in Assault Instance, Tyr will do 2 hits with his sword pushing the enemies forward with him and throwing then in the air at the end.
- If in Guard Instance, Tyr will do a dash forward passing through the enemies disarming them (they can't use basic atacks) for 1.5 secs.
TIPS AND HOW TO USE
Type: Ground Target
Cooldown: 11-9 secs
80/115/150/180/220 (+65% of your Physical Power)
25/45/65/85/105 (+20% of your Physical Power) per Enemy Hit (Max 3)
shows the force of law doing a massive attack with his sword in a 180 degree cone.
- If in Assault Instance, Tyr will knockaway enemies in the air with this skill.
- If in Guard Instance, Tyr will heal himself with every enemy he hits (max 3).
TIPS AND HOW TO USE
Type: Stance Change
Cooldown: 12-10 secs
Power or Defenses increased:
judge the battlefield switching between power or defenses.
- If in Assault Instance, Tyr gains physical power.
- If in Guard Instance, Tyr gains magical and physical defenses.
TIPS AND HOW TO USE
Type: Leap (Ultimate)
Cooldown: 90-70 secs
150/225/300/375/450 (+120% of your Physical Power)
brings the law to the battlefield leaping to the aimed place applying the law force to the enemy doing damage and slowing them in 20%.
Tips and how to use
"I take no joy in what must be done!" - Tyr
Here I'm going to help you choose what skill you should upgrade first and what is the priority. You can have a: High sustain that is helpful in solo lane on conquest or High damage. I will explain each skill order below.
High Sustain (Recommended to Assault)
Classic Order (Recommended to other modes)
"You cannot stop justice!" - Tyr
Here I will talk about some usually SOLOs you may fight against, how difficult is play against him and what should you do to get a better result.
The Match-up can be:
- Easy - Meaning this God is not a trouble for you and you can be more aggressive
- Easy to medium - This God can make some problems to you.
- Medium - It's something like equal to both sides
- Medium to Hard - You are at disadvantage, so play safe
- Hard - This will be a really problem and if you don't take enough care will die a lot.
This classifications are done thinking about these things:
1 vs 1
- How easy (or not) is defeat this god considering a 1 vs 1 fight.
- Who clear the wave faster at early/mid game.
- In a team fight (5 vs 5), how much this god will be a threat to you and to your team
- How you work with your team vs How he will (probably) work with his team
Match-up = Medium
More match-ups incoming!!!!
How to play with Tyr
"Today I am judge, jury, and executioner" - Tyr
Tyr, a good warrior with a good kit, funny and challenger to play at same time. Here I will help you saying how you should play with him, the general gameplay, focused on conquest solo.
If you haven't read the Skills sections right above, I suggest you do it before stars here.
I considerate Tyr an Skill-Based Warrior, so, focus on your basic attacks.
DON'T BE STUPID
- You will start with Power Cleave to get some early sustain, but no Fearless so you are a little weak early game.
- Start playing passive and try to stack your blessing.
- Go to your blue buff (mana buff) to get some XP with you jungler. Remember you are extremely dependent of this buff to become a threat even on early game so pay attention for enemy team don't do it. Ask for your jungler "I need the jungle buff" if he didn't go to do it.
- Focus on minions and use your simplified combo to kill the minions and only if you need, change the stance and use your heal.
- Try to push your enemy away from his tower, open opportunities for ganks and even to you hit him more. If possible throw him inside of your tower :v .
- There is nothing too much to do here, solo lane is usually boring. Keep repeating the process.
, early invading is suicide, prefer to don't try and stay alive instead die trying. Just do it if you are an experienced player and totally knows what you are doing.
- By this time you should be a little tank and capable of be the frontline. You should also be less dependent of your blue.
- It's nice make some ganks and start to rotate occasionally.
- Try to help your ADC get bigger and tank some objectives such as a tower almost falling or the Gold fury.
- But don't forget your lane, defend it if necessary.
- Time to group up.
- This is when you are a complete tank and capable of be the frontline.
- Stay with your team and do the remaining objectives.
- Tank some objectives if possible, but remember you are not a Nike with a Huge shield to tank whatever she wants, so be careful, mainly in phoenixes and/or the titan.
- Use your CC to get enemies away from your team OR closer.
- Also remember you are a tank so you DON'T HAVE enough damage for kill someone alone, so stay with your team.
"An extra pair of eyes, eh!" - Tyr
While this part isn't updated, See this section on my Cupid
guide: Love, find your mark!
. Now just adapt it to the other side of the map.
Also you can check:
Bran's The Overarching Conquest Guide
EmilZy's Warding Video
"A weapon of Justice" - Tyr
"Time to enforce the law!" - Tyr
These are items with large cooldown that can help you in the battle or even save you life, so don't forget to get it before go to the battle. Relics are free, but can be upgraded for 500g. Players unlock their first Relic at
level 1, and their second Relic at level 12.
details about the relics
"The wicked fall before us" - Tyr
So go ahead now
Let's bring law to the battlefield and make justice!!!!
Art by RobCV via DevianArt
is a medium to hard god to play, you will have a lot of fun and satisfaction playing with him. Practice with a little and when you reach around mastery 3 or 4 you will be very good with him.
If you follow the tips and the builds here I'm sure you'll be AN EXCELENT TYR
I intend update this Guide as soon as possible keeping it always updated, so check it with some frequency to see the new tips.
- Jay R - The guy who did this amazing arts of minimal Tyr in the headers (Via DevianArt)
- Kriega1, boogiebass, DV-8 and of course Branmuffin17 - The guys that helped me with some tips for this guide
That's it, thank you for reading my guide.