Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Theory-Crafting with the new 4.13 items

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Theory-Crafting with the new 4.13 items 19 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by newbiemj » July 14, 2017 7:55am | Report
Toxic Blade could be nice to use against people with Meditation or Bracer to counter the relic heal. Correct me if I am wrong, but 3 basic attacks (60% reduced healing) would null quite a bit of Bracer's heal wouldn't it?

As well, Atalanta's Bow might be nice on Skadi in my opinion. Have her jump on her Permafrost to gain 40% extra move speed to start the chase, then use your basics to gain even more move speed. Not to mention that Kaldr also gains the move speed as well since he gets 110% of Skadi's move speed. My usual build has her at 443 move speed according to Smite builder. Add on 40% for Permafrost then another eventual 28% on top of that. Seems like that could be potent with sacrificing marginal power and penetration for me.

newbiemj
<Punch Time!>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (12)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 14, 2017 12:58pm | Report
It's got potential...try it out and let us know how it works for you. That's a hell of a lot of movespeed.

Regarding Toxic Blade...yeah...like I said, it's got some stats that are nice early game (low price, 10 pen, 10% move speed), but it's not really an early game item, because it doesn't provide much boxing potential before other items are built (like Qin's Sais). 0 power hurts it that way.

If you're a solo basic attacker fighting another solo with healing, a definitely the anti-heal is nice, but early, Chaac or Hercules aren't really leveling their heals...they're leveling their poke/damage abilities, so you're not doing a lot of healing prevention.

So...basically, mid to late game item. But now it's not a counter to lane enemy...not really, because now you're rotating a lot. So it turns to more teamfight function, but because it's tied to basic attacking, it's countering just one person at a time. At that point, getting Cursed Ankh seems more functional. Throw anti-healing in a large AOE to affect not only the target you'd be going after, but anyone else close at the same time. Unless of course you just want to kill that GD Hercules because he's freaking impossible to kill and anyone who plays him should just DIE.

No, I don't hate Herc. Why do you ask?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 14, 2017 2:01pm | Report
Merc does not want hastened katana, but the bow might be good for a second item instead of rage or stone cutting ;)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 15, 2017 9:52am | Report
Poseidon could possibly use Hastened Ring, though it wont be as good as Hastened Fatalis was on him with Gem of Isolation. Hastened Katana could be good on Nemesis since she is a bit more of a mage/hunter killer now. Chronos makes good use of Hastened Ring, maybe Sol as well who can both buy the item earlier due to the cheaper cost, but Freya definitely doesen't benefit too much from this item (other than for 4 SECONDS).

They decided to do some weird change to Demonic Grip (+5 power, -5% attack speed, what???) ... I see the new Telkhines Ring working on Anubis and some other tick based mages or some very low cooldown ones. Dynasty Plate Helm nerf makes early game slightly harder for some mages, I don't know if the new Celestial Legion Helm is good yet. Vampiric Shroud change may actually make it viable now since Dynasty Plate Helm was nerfed for mages, or it may be a good Guardian Solo starter.

Toxic Blade will be a decent anti heal situational for auto attack based hunters, like Brawler's Beat Stick is good for Ability based hunters. Shaman's Ring may be OK on poke mages and any burst mages that don't use their most damaging ability first, also could be ok on Anubis but in not sure. Bancroft's Talon received a pathetic nerf so it went from OP to very good. Witchblade may be ok on Freya, maybe as a third item but it still has some odd stats.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 16, 2017 1:05am | Report
Alright, here's my first theory-crafted Medusa after playing a bit in PTS jungle, just to get a feel for the items.

FYI, I specifically looked at the revised Witchblade, and messed with Atalanta's Bow. With regard to Atalanta's, it's ****. Utter ****. The 4 stacks pretty much do squat when you build stacks with basics, and you're slower because you're attacking with basics. That makes a hell of a lot of sense, Hi-Rez. I had some minor hope that it might have a partial Fatalis feel when strafing via Sidewinder...but nope. It's nothing like it.

But Witchblade...that's a decent item, especially as a counter to basic attackers due to the attack slow aura, combined with an okay amount of lifesteal. And still get the nice added move speed. But with 0 power, it needs other power...that's where Transcendence comes in.

I was really hoping I could stick with a normal Devo's build, but for now, I'm pretty sure Trans will be significantly better for her.

Start would be normal...and one of two ways. Bluestone Pendant + Morningstar + potions OR Charged Morningstar + Potions. In Conq, beg your Support to be someone with some good peel, like Sobek.

Standard build would be Transcendence, Tabi of choice, Ichaival / Silverbranch Bow (optional), Witchblade, The Executioner, Rage, Deathbringer.

Alternate Qin's / Objective build would be Transcendence, Ninja Tabi, Asi, Qin's Sais, Titan's Bane, The Crusher, replace Asi with Witchblade.

If I were to venture away from Transcendence, it might look like:

Death's Toll or Bluestone Pendant start, Warrior Tabi, Ichaival / Silverbranch Bow, Witchblade, The Executioner (could be delayed until after DB if really squishy team), Rage, Deathbringer, replace Ichaival with situational, switch Ninja Tabi for Warrior.

Not all that excited for 4.13 so far =P
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 16, 2017 10:39am | Report
Oh god the atlanta's bow hastened combo is gonna be nasty. I expect atlanta's to get "class" locked. So the combo won't be abused on basic attacking assassins

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 16, 2017 10:47am | Report
Yeah, it'll work for those assassins...but even then, if they still get the Fatalis function in Katana, that's already added move speed on top of standard Boots...so not sure they'll need even more. Personally, if it was between that and Stone Cutting Sword, I'd be getting SCS for the higher power and the protection reduction effect, at least if the physical protection aspect would be functional against the enemy comp.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 17, 2017 7:52am | Report
there could be a shift to swap out boots for atlanta around full build (depending on god and how fast they can stack the bow)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Duotem » July 17, 2017 1:15pm | Report
The swap of boots for atlanta probably won't happen. You make yourself too much of a sitting duck with no movement prior to you actually connecting attacks. You'll be way too easy to chase down if the time comes where you actually have to run away

Duotem

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }