GGF and Taco have played regularly. However, Zilby and Prism haven't played much over the past couple of months. I've been splitting my time with a variety of other games, and have only played 10 PC matches over the past 2 weeks, none of them being Conquest. Excuses, though.
This was a fun game. Our lineup was:
Loki, Athena, Hades, Geb, and Rama.
Initial thought was to sort of talk about gameplay, builds and whatnot, but with a full group of 5, we got sidetracked. Oops. I've now added comments here about thoughts on all builds.
- Loki: Deathbringer is somewhat ****...it CAN work because the high power is nice, but with only 1 crit, it's not a reliable proc. Would suggest either Shifter's Shield, Brawler's Beat Stick, The Crusher, or maybe Heartseeker in its place. Not that he didn't still have his way with me. The rest of his build, including the order, was great.
- Athena: Jungle version...obviously 2 starters. Polynomicon is perhaps an interesting choice, but it can work. I think a physical protection item would be a better option there, maybe Breastplate of Valor since she doesn't have any CDR in the rest of her build. Also would consider Ethereal Staff as a possible replacement for Soul Reaver, due to the extra health (she has no added health in her items). She did fine, of course, and Geb shielded her when she needed it, but still think those possible changes could work well.
- Hades: No complaints there. Solid build in my estimation.
- Geb: Very, very tanky, with tons of auras and high health. 900 added health, geez. That said, I think he probably didn't need Pestilence all that much. If Taco was Hercules or Chaac instead of SWK, or we had another strong self-healer, that would have been a better choice. As it stands, I'd have gotten a bit more CDR for more shields.
- Rama: Damn...I should have been more aggressive. That build is very weak...2 items in a row with no power. There's a reason I did over double his damage. Also weird to throw Shifter's Shield in his build at that point of the match. Also, I'd prefer crit for Rama over Qin's Sais.
- Prism's Athena: against 3 magical/2 phys, Mystical Mail in the 2nd slot is too expensive. Void Stone, which he got 3rd, would have been a better option there. I'd consider phys protection 3rd or perhaps even later. Also, a bit of CDR would have been good.
- My Medusa: There wasn't all that much protection being built. That's one of the reasons why I felt Hastened Fatalis in the 4th slot would be good. If the team was tankier, I would have just gone into The Executioner and delayed Fatalis to 6th.
- Taco's Sun Wukong: Take a look, ladies and gents. SWK isn't considered all that strong right now. Taco can be effective with practically anyone. Note that he doesn't have any penetration, and his only major offensive item is Shifter's Shield...and he still does high damage, tanks a ton, etc.
- Zilby's Scylla: As heard in the video, he sort of screwed up the build early. He was reverting to old S3 when Chronos' Pendant was cheap and worth it early. Obsidian Shard immediately after Bancroft's Talon could also have been switched. Zilby, what the heck was going on with your build, anyway? When did you pick up that Warlock's Sash?
- GGF's Ganesha: 2 starters, then shoes, auras, and finally Mystical Mail and Shogun's Kusari. Mystical Mail is a very questionable choice in my opinion for most gods, and especially late-game. Very little added damage overall. Better choice, in my opinion, would have been Breastplate of Valor for the high CDR, or at least Spirit Robe. Shogun's Kusari could have also been built earlier (or not at all...the only real basic attacker was me).
Anyway, we almost won at the 24:30 point of the match...but didn't focus it in a timely manner and that, in the end, spelled our doom, as they slowly made a push back.
I didn't do all that well, but that's pretty much expected. Although I had top damage on my team (barely), and went 12/8/3, I also died too much. A better model for a good score would be Taco's 7/2/11.
In any case, check it out if you'd like.
Also, here are my critiques of my own game. Times given are time of the video, NOT the time in the match.
- Time 0 - I need to customize this ****. I think I had my custom build options all done before for multiple gods, but...did it get reset by HR?
- 1:40 - So they were able to outclear us first wave. Don't think there was much we could do about that. I guess, if I built Bluestone Pendant, it might have helped a bit. As it was, they were able to get the smaller minions from our Purple camp. Could have wasted less time peeking around the corner, and gotten a couple quick hits in on the next wave.
- 1:55 - GGF just...absolutely missed his wave clear ability. This is the entire reason we lost the match. (hi GGF)
- 2:20-2:55 - In Japan, they call it Bachi...basically bad karma. That was for me picking on GGF, which I only do because I know he won't get mad and he's a good sport. Minor issue, but just pointing it out...I missed my Acid Spray, which was meant more for the poke on Rama than minion damage. This carried over into a late Spray on the next wave, which again allowed them to outclear us and go for the Damage camp. Rather than waste my time yet again, I went back to lane to get a temporary advantage.
- 2:55 - 3:10 - Prism died here. Now...here's another situation...a few things happened here. 1) 2 enemies pushing in Mid, and Prism had just left Zilby to go for the right mid camp. Zilby had to retreat as it was 2 on 1, and Prism was caught out...his retreat took him right into the 2 enemies going for our Damage buff. He probably would have been better going straight through the 2 mid-enemies and hoping for enough protection under our mid tower. 2) My presence in lane meant I wasn't close enough to contribute to what turned into an early teamfight. That was a bad direction meeting up with 4 enemies, so I'm not sure I would have been able to help out or not, but I probably should have been there regardless...at the time I made my decision to go back to lane, it wasn't the nasty business it turned into yet.
- 3:15 - That could have gone a lot worse for me. I saw there were 3 enemies and a retreating GGF bringing them back into lane...in the end, I got out unscathed, but I could have easily been caught. Need to react more quickly and just make up my mind rather than sit for an extra second or two doing nothing.
- 4:10 - Holy **** that Geb Roll Out goes on forever. Also missed another Acid Spray in the next minion sequence...I mean, c'mon HR, it's just a couple of pixels.
- 5:10-5:40 - Geb got overzealous...got my first kill there, and almost got Rama down...he ulted, so I thought he'd have to retreat once he came back down, so I got behind him to catch him after he'd roll...but wayyy too far behind him. He ended up aggressing on GGF, then Athena ulted in, spelling the death of GGF. And, being too far up, I ended up not even getting a kill on Rama... Athena bodyblocked really well. I tried for a last Acid Spray hit to finish him but wasn't able to do so...had to retreat there. End result...ended up 1-1 in that exchange, when it could have easily been 2-0 if I had anticipated and positioned better.
- 6:00 - A lot of times I prefer Ninja Tabi first, so I don't have to change out later (and so I can get more hits in in the same time for Death's Toll's sustain), and Devo's provides plenty of power once it's stacked. In this case, I was struggling with clear, so I went Warrior Tabi. Got a couple of Wards since I was worried about invades. *NOTE* ADCS SHOULD GET THEIR OWN WARDS.
- 7:05 - After clearing the wave with no enemy pressure/presence, I considered (not well), and pushed up with the wave to get a few hits on the tower. Bad move. Almost saved myself with a double-stone ult and some juking, but it wasn't enough in the end.
- 7:50 - Was checking out Z's build instead of getting my stuff while waiting to respawn...lost some stupid seconds here. Oops.
- 8:25 - Checked to make sure enemies weren't around...teammates confirmed this time. Learning, I guess.
- 8:40 - Except not. I took an aggressive path through the jungle, got jumped by 3, and paid for it. I had been going to participate in the mid fight, and with Taco getting a kill, thought it would be safe enough. Should always err on the side of conservative if I'm not sure of us going for kills.
- 10:00 - GGF lagged out of the game. Had to be more careful from this point forward. Note also I still have 1 ward from my original purchase 4 minutes prior...if anytime is a prime time to put one down, it's then.
- 10:30-11:05 - this ended up being wasted time...had good intentions though. With no pressure in lane but no intention of getting caught too far up again, you shouldn't just sit doing nothing. So I went to check Damage camp (not there), thought about backing to complete Devourer's Gauntlet but didn't quite have enough. Instead, checked Mid camp (not there), then the next wave was there so went back to lane.
- 11:45 - Not sure if I should have contested Mid camp with Prism, but also needed to get back to lane.
- 12:00 - Wasn't comfortable with how the boxing was going, so was in a defensive mindset...completely blanked on pushing in when Prism ulted me.
- 12:25 - ...and then blanked again when the enemy Athena ulted on Rama, and she just demolished me. 1/3/0 at this point.
- 13:50 - After Hades retreated, a couple of minions were still there...so I went to finish them. Should have just followed my team, so I was late to the teamfight. Let's see...ineffective (bad timing) ult, missed all 3 Viper Shots, missed Acid Spray...stayed too far back. Waaaay too defensive there, especially since I had basically full health. Don't think it would have made a huge difference, but that's not the point.
- 14:55 - Knew at this point that enemies had backed, so going for the Gold Fury was relatively safe. Still took a long time and I knew I'd have to tank some.
- 16:05 - After backing and going back to lane, I should have dropped a Ward or two...
- 16:30 - In making my way to the teamfight in the left Jungle, moved to clear the mid wave. Knew everyone was tied up in other areas, so went to get a few hits on the Mid tower, then had to retreat into the jungle as multiple enemies were behind me going toward Mid. By 16:55 I'd finally dropped an offensive ward for my lane.
- 17:05 - Got a good wave clear and good timing, backing before enemies got to me and giving myself some extra time for my lane.
- 19:35 - Defensive ult to protect Taco, but was unnecessary. 19:55 was a glorious Damage buff secure...didn't they know that's OUR BUFF? But...after retreating a bit, ended up going back to take it once I thought they left...did NOT expect them to all fall in. 1/4/0. *Sigh*
- 22:00-22:50 - Decent sequence...tower kill, GGF-assisted kill, and teamfight, but still playing a bit too passive. 2/4/0.
- 24:05 25:00 - Great teamfight sequence. Mid-tower down, 3 kills (1 by Taco, 2 by me), Tier 2 mid-tower down. At that point, I thought we'd go for the right tower, and headed that way as Taco made the call, but people were going for the phoenix, so I turned around. Phoenix kill, then Prism kill, then another by me (5/4/2). Thought after THAT point we'd go for the right tower (and headed that way again!) but we ended up going for the Titan. Now, I can't tell, due to my 2 delays, if we could have won then if we'd been a bit faster...but we were in full retreat after Zilby died. Personally, I would have gone for the towers...but not sure that would have been the right call. In the end, I'm guessing mid phoenix then right tower would have been best.
- 26:55 - Got another good kill on Rama who was trying to steal the Gold Fury. 6/4/2. Then completely ignored the incoming Athena signal while attacking Hades and got blown up. How is that not obvious enough for me? 6/5/2.
- 29:15-30:10 - Another teamfight. Not sure why the F I was retreating so far back...I should have been up in there. In the end I got another couple of kills...8/5/3.
- 30:55 - Tried taking the Portal Demon by myself and died for it. 8/6/3.
- 32:25 - Teamfight breaking out on the left, and I was clearing mid-lane to push our minions forward and keep the pressure up...but I should have been heading to teammates.
- 32:40-33:05 - Get to the fight, burn my ult somewhat ineffectively...for being at full health, I should have been much more in the fight, but I was playing too scared and staying on the perimeter. Got another couple of kills...10/6/3.
- 34:05 - F Loki. Again. My fault...I was alone again...should be sticking with teammates at that point.
- 37:30 - Should have put a ward deeper in the jungle...that was a warding place for early game with T1 towers up...those were long gone. Wasn't really thinking, other than just using wards as I hadn't used them most of the game.
- 37:50 - Loki yet again. 11/8/3.
- 39:15 - At our Titan after respawning...got another kill, but it was a sacrifice so their teammates could finish the game. Bleh.