Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Noob Guide for Assault Builds (General)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Noob Guide for Assault Builds (General) 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 11, 2014 3:30pm | Report
*Not a true guide for assault, more like item suggestions based on some common sense, in-depth thinking about items, and the still somewhat limited personal experience I've had.*

*edited and added to builds, and revised intro*

This is a long post, so bear with me, and whether you're new to assault noob, or you know what you're doing, the following may help.

The purpose of this is to provide basic item suggestions for all general classes of gods, with specific thought regarding your team's (as well as the enemy team's) composition. As a basic rule, I personally feel that this will allow even those with little familiarity with the items break away from the auto item upgrade system, with suggestions that will trump the auto buy. Since different gods within the same class have a huge variety of different skills and strengths/weaknesses, as you become more familiar with the gods, your build priorities and choices may differ.

If you like what you see, how to use it in real world...? My suggestion, just do what I do, copy as a text file onto your phone, find out which god you are, find out your team's composition, find out the enemy's composition, and during the loading screen and each time you die, you can consult the list for your specific class/situation quickly.

First, some key notes/tips I've learned:
  1. Healing is key. If your team has a Ra, Cupid, Chang'e, even Guan Yu, pay attention to their hearts, area of healing, etc., and maximize that potential. It'll keep your team in the fight a LOT longer.
  2. Salvation is totally #1. I note Meditation since it's the first step to getting Salv. I don't usually start out with Salv, as I go with a variety of starting items, but it'll usually be one of the next things I upgrade. Some people don't realize that if everyone gets it, it can be a game changer.
  3. BE FREAKING AWARE OF THE ODDS!!! Even as a noob, this drives me crazy. People get all excited because they get a deicide, and push to destroy a tower or two. Then, the enemy respawns, and they're not paying attention, still pushing...one of ours died during the previous battle, and people aren't at full HP, so all of a sudden there's a 4 on 5, and we're WAY away from any of our towers. Deicide the other way! So always play it safe! Destroy a tower or whatever, and then fall back and wait for your team to be at full strength again...don't be caught outnumbered!
  4. My build list is based on knowing both your team and the enemy team's composition. At the point where both teams' Gods are revealed, that should be right where you start thinking about what you'll need. Is your team balanced? Are you the only tank, or only magical/physical? Same for the enemy team. Obviously, you wouldn't get Reinforced Greaves (both phys and mag protection) if the enemy team is comprised of 4+ magical Gods. You basically just threw away a major stat. If you want the CC reduction, get Magi's Blessing (major stat is CC reduction) or work in Spirit Robe down the line, or get upgraded Purification if that is sufficient. If your whole team is physical, expect the enemy to build for physical defense, and work in penetration items (e.g. Warrior Tabi, Jotunn's Wrath, Titan's Bane). This is probably the biggest key to building efficiently.

Some specific build adjustments I've made as my list develops:
    For physical gods, instead of
Breastplate of Valor for physical protection and CDR, I'm replacing with Witchblade for protection with added attack benefits, and Jotunn's Wrath for CDR with additional attack benefits.

For physical gods, I'm thinking Qin's Sais are better with higher HP/tank enemies, and The Executioner when there are more enemy squishies and my team is mostly physical, to take advantage of group damage.

This also applies in a different way to assassins vs. hunters. Both usually benefit from high crit. The 3 main items there are Deathbringer, Rage, and Malice. In general, I usually see people build Deathbringer first, so I'm not going to argue with that. However, when it comes to Rage and Malice, they have different qualities. For assassins, who are generally all up in other peoples' business, I think Rage makes better sense, because you are likely going to hit multiple times in succession, and Malice's resetting DOT proc means extra damage can go to waste. However, with a hunter that is likely to do more hit-and-runs, a single crit with extra DOT damage makes a lot more sense. Same with warriors, as I built them more as tanks with less attack speed.

So here we go. Feedback is always appreciated. Made this list really for myself, but if it helps others, great!

*note* Couldn't figure out with the editing options how to create numbers with subs beneath, so I've just colored the main steps in ORANGE, and subsequent lines are situational alternatives.

Warrior Builds: I see some people build their warriors for straight up damage. I personally play all warriors pretty tanky, and try to focus on taking some damage and attention for higher damage teammates to do their thing. General build focuses approximately first half on defense and second half on power/crit. For physical gods, warriors seem more reliant on abilities to provide the damage, so instead of concentrating on attack speed (e.g. Qin's Sais), I focus more on power and penetration, so the attacks I do land do more damage.

Warrior, 2+ enemy tanks:
  • Main needs: protection, sustain
  • Actives: Meditation/Salvation, Beads or Sprint or Girdle of Support
  • Consumables: Health Potion, Mana Potion
  1. Stone of Gaia (magical protection, HP5, MP5)
  2. If ability-reliant god, and enemy crowd controller, consider Spirit Robe (phys/mag protection, CDR, crowd control damage reduction)
  3. If no magical protection needed, Witchblade (physical protection, attack/move speed, aura enemy attack speed/power reduction)
  4. If no magical protection needed and I am only tank, consider Sovereignty (physical protection, group protection)
  5. Witchblade (physical protection, attack/move speed, aura enemy attack speed/power reduction)
  6. If no physical protection needed, get Runic Shield (magical protection, power, HP5)
  7. Warrior Tabi (power, attack/move speed, penetration)
  8. Ninja Tabi for ability-reliant gods, unless my whole team is physical (power, attack/move speed, CDR15)
  9. If mix of phys/mag enemies, and lots of enemy CC, consider Reinforced Greaves (phys/mag protection, move speed, 30% reduction to enemy CC)
  10. Jotunn's Wrath (power, penetration, CDR25)
  11. If have both Spirit Robe and Ninja Tabi, get Titan's Bane (power, penetration)
  12. Titan's Bane (power, penetration)
  13. If already have, Deathbringer (power, crit)
  14. If enemy healer(s), consider Brawler's Beat Stick (power, penetration, basic attack reduces enemy healing/regen)
  15. Deathbringer (power, crit)
  16. If already have, Malice (power, crit, basic attack crit DOT)

Warrior, 4+ squishies:
  • Main needs: Protection, Sustain, Crit, Attack Speed
  • Actives: Meditation/Salvation, Beads or Sprint or Girdle of Support
  • Consumables: Health Potion, Potion of Physical Might or Mana Potion
  1. Stone of Gaia (magical protection, sustain)
  2. If no magical protection needed, Witchblade (physical protection, attack/move speed, aura enemy attack speed/power reduction)
  3. If no magical protection needed, and I am the only tank, consider Sovereignty (physical protection, group protection)
  4. Witchblade (physical protection, attack/move speed, aura enemy attack speed/power reduction)
  5. If already have, and my team is mostly physical, Hide of the Nemean Lion (physical protection, reflect)
  6. If no physical protection needed, go to next...
  7. Warrior Tabi (power, attack/move speed, penetration)
  8. Ninja Tabi for ability-reliant gods, unless my team is mostly physical (power, attack/move speed, CDR15)
  9. Jotunn's Wrath (power, penetration, CDR25)
  10. If more magical protection needed, Runic Shield (magical protection, power, HP5)
  11. Jotunn's Wrath (power, penetration, CDR25)
  12. If already have, Deathbringer (power, crit)
  13. If my team is mostly physical, Titan's Bane (power, penetration)
  14. Deathbringer (power, crit)
  15. If already have, Malice (power, crit, basic attack crit DOT)
  16. If already have, and prefer more penetration, Titan's Bane (power, penetration)

Assassin Builds: I'm still learning how to play assassins. I mostly suck, though every time I roll Bastet, I get excited. Anyway, these builds start with maneuverability, and the general focus is on basic attacks (attack speed, crits, lifesteal). More lifesteal with tanky enemies, more crits with squishies. I know some assassin builds are much more reliant on abilities, so of course, these are all subjective.

Assassin, 4+ physical, 2+ tanks:
  • Main needs: maneuverability, power, crit, penetration, attack speed, lifesteal
  • Actives: Meditation/Salvation, Aegis or Beads or Girdle of Inner Power
  • Consumables: Healing Potion (Multi Potion for Thanatos / Thor / Hun Batz), Potion of Physical Might
  1. Warrior Tabi (power, attack/move speed, penetration)
  2. Ninja Tabi for Thanatos / Thor / Hun Batz, unless my whole team is physical (power, attack/move speed, CDR15)
  3. Qin's Sais (power, attack speed)
  4. Witchblade (physical protection, attack/move speed, aura enemy attack speed/power reduction)
  5. Asi (attack speed, lifesteal, penetration)
  6. If more protection preferred, Void Shield (physical protection, power, aura enemy protection reduction)
  7. Asi (attack speed, lifesteal, penetration)
  8. If already have, Bloodforge (power, lifesteal)
  9. If already have, and my team is mostly physical, Titan's Bane (power, penetration)
  10. Bloodforge (attack speed, lifesteal)
  11. If already have, Titan's Bane (power, lifesteal)
  12. If already have, and enemy healer, consider Brawler's Beat Stick (power, penetration, basic hit decreases enemy healing/regen)

Assassin, 4+ physical, 4+ squishies:
  • Main needs: maneuverability, power, crit, penetration, attack speed, lifesteal
  • Actives: Meditation/Salvation, Aegis or Beads or Girdle of Inner Power
  • Consumables: Healing Potion (Multi Potion for Thanatos / Thor / Hun Batz), Potion of Physical Might
  2. Ninja Tabi for Thanatos / Thor / Hun Batz, unless my team is mostly physical (power, attack/move speed, CDR15)
  3. Witchblade (protection, attack/move speed, aura enemy attack speed/power reduction)
  4. Deathbringer (power, crit)
  5. If further protection needed, and my team is mostly physical, Hide of the Nemean Lion(protection, reflect)
  6. If my team has a healer, consider Jotunn's Wrath (power, penetration, CDR25)
  7. Deathbringer (power, crit)
  8. If already have, Rage (power, crit)
  9. Rage (power, crit)
  10. If already have, go to next...
  11. Asi (attack speed, lifesteal, penetration)
  12. If my team is mostly physical, and enemy team has little physical protection, consider The Executioner (power, attack speed, basic attack decreases enemy protection)
  13. If my team is mostly physical, and enemy team has high physical protection, Titan's Bane (power, penetration)
  14. If enemy healer, consider Brawler's Beat Stick (power, penetration, basic hit decreases enemy healing/regen)

Assassin, 4+ magical, 2+ tanks/guardians (get Beads):
  • Main needs: maneuverability, power, crit, attack speed, possible crowd control reduction
  • Actives: Meditation/Salvation, Aegis or Beads or Girdle of Inner Power or Weakening Curse
  2. Ninja Tabi for Thanatos / Thor / Hun Batz, unless my whole team is physical (power, attack speed, move speed, CDR15)
  4. Runic Shield (magical protection, power, HP5)
  5. If Thanatos / Thor / Hun Batz, Spirit Robe (magical protection, CDR10, damage reduction when hit with CC)
  6. If no protection preferred, Asi (attack speed, lifesteal, penetration)
  7. If no protection preferred, and am Thanatos / Thor / Hun Batz, Jotunn's Wrath (power, penetration, CDR25)
  8. Asi (attack speed, lifesteal, penetration)
  9. If already have, Bloodforge (power, lifesteal)
  10. If my team is mostly physical, and enemy team has high physical protection, Titan's Bane (power, penetration)
  11. Bloodforge (power, lifesteal)
  12. If already have, Deathbringer (power, crit)
  13. Deathbringer (power, crit)
  14. If already have, Rage (power, crit)
  15. If already have, and enemy healer, consider Brawler's Beat Stick (power, penetration, basic hit decreases enemy healing/regen)

Assassin, 4+ magical, 4+ squishies
  • Main needs: maneuverability, physical power, crit, penetration, attack speed, lifesteal
  • Actives: Meditation/Salvation, Aegis or Beads or Girdle of Inner Power or Weakening Curse
  2. Ninja Tabi for Thanatos / Thor / Hun Batz, unless my team is mostly physical (power, attack/move speed, CDR15)
  3. Runic Shield (magical protection, power, HP5)
  4. Asi (attack speed, lifesteal, penetration)
  5. If my team has a healer, consider Jotunn's Wrath (power, penetration, CDR25)
  6. The Executioner (power, attack speed, basic attack decreases enemy protection)
  7. If my team is mostly physical, and enemy team has high physical protection, Titan's Bane (power, penetration)
  8. If enemy healer, consider Brawler's Beat Stick (power, penetration, basic hit decreases enemy healing/regen)
  9. Deathbringer (power, crit)
  10. Rage (power, crit)

Assassin, balance of physical/magical:
  • Main needs: maneuverability, power, crit, attack speed
  2. Ninja Tabi for Thanatos / Thor / Hun Batz, unless my whole team is physical
  4. If 0 or 1 tank(s), and my team is mostly physical, consider The Executioner (power, attack speed, basic attack decreases enemy protection)
  5. Shifter's Shield (power, physical/magical protection)
  6. If no protection preferred, Deathbringer (power, crit)
  7. Deathbringer (power, crit)
  8. If already have, go to next...
  9. If Thanatos / Thor / Hun Batz, Jotunn's Wrath (power, penetration, CDR25)
  10. Deathbringer (power, crit)
  11. If already have, Rage (power, crit)
  12. Rage (power, crit)
  13. If already have, Bloodforge (power, lifesteal)
  14. If my team is mostly physical, and enemy team has high physical protection, Titan's Bane (power, penetration)
  15. If enemy healer, consider Brawler's Beat Stick (power, penetration, basic hit decreases enemy healing/regen)

Hunter Builds: Mainly focusing on attack speed and crit. Pretty similar to assassins, but using Malice instead of Rage because it's easier to get one or two shots in and back off, letting Malice's DOT take more effect.

Support Hunter ( Cupid):
  • Main needs: CDR, MP5, Power, penetration
  • Actives: Meditation/Salvation, Aegis or Girdle of Support
  • Consumables: Mana Potion, Potion of Physical Might
  1. Ninja Tabi (power, attack/move speed, CDR15)
  2. If my whole team is physical, Warrior Tabi (power, attack speed, move speed, penetration)
  4. If 0 or 1 tank(s), and my team is mostly physical, consider The Executioner (power, attack speed, basic attack decreases enemy protection)
  5. Asi (attack speed, lifesteal, penetration)
  6. Deathbringer (power, crit)
  7. Malice (power, crit, basic attack crit DOT)
  8. If more maneuverability needed, Golden Dagger (name is actually Golden Bow) (power, crit, 5% move speed, basic attack radius damage)
  9. Jotunn's Wrath (power, penetration, CDR25/maxed)
  10. If being pressured often, consider Winged Blade (health, attack speed, move speed, CDR10)
  11. If more maneuverability needed, Golden Dagger (name is actually Golden Bow) (power, crit, 5% move speed, basic attack radius damage)
  12. If enemy healer, consider Brawler's Beat Stick (power, penetration, basic hit decreases enemy healing/regen)

Damage Hunter:
  • Main needs: Power, Penetration, Crit, Attack Speed, HP Sustain
  • Actives: Meditation/Salvation, Aegis or Girdle of Inner Power
  • Consumables: Health Potion, Potion of Physical Might
  1. Warrior Tabi (power, attack speed, move speed, penetration)
  2. Qin's Sais (power, attack speed)
  3. If 0 or 1 tank(s), and my team is mostly physical, consider The Executioner (power, attack speed, basic attack decreases enemy protection)
  4. Asi (attack speed, lifesteal, penetration)
  5. If mostly physical enemies, and physical protection needed, Witchblade (protection, move/attack speed, aura enemy attack speed/power reduction)
  6. If mostly magical enemies, and magical protection needed, Runic Shield (protection, power, HP5)
  7. Asi (attack speed, lifesteal, penetration)
  8. If already have, Deathbringer (power, crit)
  9. Deathbringer (power, crit)
  10. If already have, Malice (power, crit, basic attack crit DOT)
  11. Malice (power, crit, basic attack crit DOT)
  12. If already have, Jotunn's Wrath (power, penetration, CDR25)
  13. If already have, my team is mostly physical, and enemy team has high physical protection, Titan's Bane (power, penetration)
  14. If enemy healer, consider Brawler's Beat Stick (power, penetration, basic hit decreases enemy healing/regen)

Mage Builds: I see a lot of people start with shoes of some kind. Reason I don't choose them first is because mages can play further back, and often have a bit of an escape skill (even Ra's #2 can help him get away). I would just suggest starting a bit conservatively/safely, because being able to spam Ao Kuang's stupid tornadoes or Ra's Solar Blessing with CDR25 is a pisser for the other team to deal with...and MP5 is always wonderful to have. Also, if there are enemy assassins, they love to target the mages, so things like Hide of the Nemean Lion help with my survivability and this makes their builds (usually high damage) work against them.

Support/Healing Mage ( Aphrodite, Chang'e, Hel, Eset, Ra):
  • Main needs: CDR, MP5, power
  • Actives: Meditation/Salvation, Sprint or Beads or Aegis or Girdle of Support
  • Consumables: Mana Potion, Potion of Magical Might
  1. Chronos' Pendant (Power, MP5, CDR25)
  2. Shoes of Focus (power, mana, move speed, CDR15/MAXED)
  3. Rod of Asclepius (power, health, move speed, aura of healing)
  4. Rod of Tahuti (power, MP5)
  5. If physical protection needed, and lots of enemy assassins/hunters, Hide of the Nemean Lion (physical protection, reflect damage)
  6. If magical protection needed, Void Stone (magical protection, power, aura enemy magical protection reduction)
  7. If magical protection needed, and 2+ enemy guardians, Magi's Blessing (protection, health, CC reduction)
  8. Rod of Tahuti (power, MP5)
  9. If already have, Obsidian Shard (power, penetration)
  10. Obsidian Shard (power, penetration)
  11. If already have, Gem of Isolation (power, health, mana, damaging abilities slow enemies)
  12. If enemy healers, consider Divine Ruin (power, lifesteal, abilities reduce enemy healing)

Damage Mage:
  • Main needs: power, penetration, CDR, MP5
  • Actives: Meditation/Salvation, Sprint or Girdle of Inner Power
  • Consumables: Mana Potion, Potion of Magical Might
  1. Chronos' Pendant (Power, MP5, CDR25)
  2. Shoes of Focus (power, mana, move speed, CDR15/MAXED)
  3. If lots of magical teammates, Shoes of the Magi (power, mana, move speed, penetration)
  4. Rod of Tahuti (power, MP5)
  5. Obsidian Shard (power, penetration)
  6. If physical protection needed, and lots of enemy assassins/hunters, Hide of the Nemean Lion (physical protection, health, reflect damage)
  7. If magical protection needed, and 2+ enemy guardians, Magi's Blessing (protection, health, crowd control reduction)
  8. If lifesteal preferred (lots of enemy hunters/mages), Bancroft's Talon (power, lifesteal)
  9. If enemy healers, consider Divine Ruin (power, lifesteal, abilities reduce enemy healing)
  10. Obsidian Shard (power, penetration)
  11. If already have, Gem of Isolation (power, health, mana, damaging abilities slow enemies)
  12. If lifesteal preferred (lots of enemy hunters/mages), Bancroft's Talon (power, lifesteal)
  13. If enemy healers, consider Divine Ruin (power, lifesteal, abilities reduce enemy healing)
  14. Gem of Isolation (power, health, mana, damaging abilities slow enemies)
  15. If lifesteal preferred (lots of enemy hunters/mages), Bancroft's Talon (power, lifesteal)
  16. If enemy healers, consider Divine Ruin (power, lifesteal, abilities reduce enemy healing)

Guardian Builds: I play these as tanky as possible. Since almost all of them have strong CC abilities, I've decided that I'll be the best teammate possible and try to control the field so they can get the kills. Since my damage is going to be low, things like attack speed, lifesteal, etc. aren't very useful, so more utility items are suggested. Also, I assume I'll mainly be attacking assassins and other tanks, as hunters and mages have more mobility and can hit me from far away.

Support Guardian ( Athena, Geb, Kumbhakarna, Ymir):
  • Main needs: protection, sustain, CDR
  • Actives: Meditation/Salvation, Girdle of Support (teammates are mages/assassins) or Shell of Absorption (teammates are tanks)
  • Consumables: Health Potion, Mana Potion

*note* If mix of magical and physical enemies, start with lower levels of Stone of Gaia and Breastplate of Valor
  2. If no magical protection needed, Breastplate of Valor (protection, mana, CDR25)
  3. If no magical protection needed and I am only tank, consider Sovereignty (protection, group protection)
  4. Breastplate of Valor (physical protection, mana, CDR25)
  5. If already have, and lots of enemy assassins/hunters, Hide of the Nemean Lion (physical protection, health, reflect damage)
  6. If already have, and 2+ enemy warriors, Midgardian Mail (protection, health, chance to slow enemy move/attack speed)
  7. If already have, and am only tank, consider Sovereignty (protection, group protection)
  8. If no physical protection needed, and enemy CC, consider Spirit Robe (protection, CDR10, damage reduction when hit w/ CC ability)
  9. If no physical protection needed, and enemy healing mage, consider Pestilence (protection, health, aura enemy healing reduction)
  10. Shoes of Focus (power, move speed, mana, CDR15)
  11. If enemy mix, and enemy crowd controllers, Reinforced Greaves (phys/mag protection, move speed, crowd control reduction)
  12. Hide of the Urchin (phys/mag protection, health, mana)
  13. If only physical protection needed, Witchblade (physical protection, move/attack speed, aura enemy attack speed/power reduction)
  14. If only magical protection needed, and 2+ enemy guardians, Magi's Blessing (magical protection, health, CC reduction)
  15. If only magical protection needed, and my team is mostly magical, Void Stone (magical protection, power, aura enemy magical protection decrease)
  16. If only magical protection needed, and more damage preferred, Telkhines Ring (power, protection, attack speed)
  17. If no further protection needed, Rod of Tahuti (power, MP5)
  18. Rod of Tahuti (power, MP5)
  19. Obsidian Shard (power, penetration)
  20. If enemy healers, consider Divine Ruin (power, lifesteal, abilities reduce enemy healing)

Damage Guardian ( Ares, Bacchus, Hades, Sobek):
  • Main needs: protection, sustain, CDR, power
  • Actives: Meditation/Salvation, Girdle of Support (teammates are mages/assassins) or Shell of Absorption (teammates are tanks)
  • Consumables: Health Potion, Mana Potion or Potion of Magical Might

*note* If mix of magical and physical enemies, start with lower levels of Stone of Gaia and Breastplate of Valor
  2. If no magical protection needed, Breastplate of Valor (physical protection, mana, CDR25)
  3. Breastplate of Valor (physical protection, mana, CDR25)
  4. If already have, and lots of enemy assassins/hunters, Hide of the Nemean Lion (physical protection, health, reflect damage)
  5. If already have, and 2+ enemy warriors, Midgardian Mail (physical protection, health, chance to slow enemy move/attack speed)
  6. If already have, and am only tank, consider Sovereignty (physical protection, group protection)
  7. If no physical protection needed, and enemy CC, consider Spirit Robe (magical protection, CDR10, damage reduction when hit w/ CC ability)
  8. If no physical protection needed, and enemy healing mage, consider Pestilence (magical protection, health, aura enemy healing reduction)
  9. If no physical protection needed, and my team is mainly magical, consider Void Stone (magical protection, power, aura enemy magical protection reduction)
  10. Shoes of Focus (power, move speed, mana, CDR15)
  11. If enemy mix, and enemy CC, Reinforced Greaves (phys/mag protection, move speed, crowd control reduction)
  12. Rod of Tahuti (power, MP5)
  13. If more magical protection needed, Telkhines Ring (power, magical protection, attack speed)
  14. Rod of Tahuti (power, attack speed)
  15. If already have, Obsidian Shard (power, penetration)
  16. Obsidian Shard (power, penetration)
  17. If already have, Bancroft's Talon (power, lifesteal)
  18. If enemy healers, consider Divine Ruin (power, lifesteal, abilities reduce enemy healing)
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » June 13, 2014 11:43am | Report
Nice guide. I play a ton of Assault, and this guide highlights a lot of the basics that should be known when playing Assault. Just because it's a very casual game mode, doesn't mean there aren't strategies that'll make your team more effective in the long haul, especially since you can't port back to base for healing and items.

Your build list is decent for the most part, I'd definitely switch a few items out for others in certain areas, but builds are almost always subjective, so if that's what you get, and it works for you, more power to you.

Also, I would add a little part about heal reduction because it helps out a ton when going against a team with a good healer. Items like Divine Ruin and Weakening Curse are perfect for shutting down healers, whether they're team healers like Hel and Aphrodite or self healers like Hercules and Zhong Kui.

Still, it's a good guide, though. Nice job on it.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 13, 2014 4:40pm | Report
Hi SoapSuds,

Thanks! Great to have feedback, and that I'm at least on the right track. The general builds seem to work pretty well on a regular basis, so when I don't do very well, it's at least more on my current level of skill, or that I'm playing too conservatively/passively (was told that last night when playing ***ba or Ymir...forget which one), or when I get too restless/aggressive as an assassin.

Just curious, are there general themes in my builds where you personally would change specific things for others? General concepts would be fine...like...Witchblade always over Asi, or Qin's Sais before almost anything else when hunter or assassin...and why. Trying to understand everything on a deeper level.

Also, I didn't know how effective heal reduction items would be, but sounds like they might be more important than just concentrating on faster/better damage. Will maybe see about trying that out in a match.

Thanks again!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » June 14, 2014 4:43pm | Report
I'm not an expert at any means at telling people what they should build on gods/goddesses in this game, which is why I've never really attempted to write a guide for anything in this game. However, there are things that I usually buy for certain classes that work well for me. Some examples that differ would be:

-I almost never buy Breastplate of Valor on Warriors. I always replace it with Jotunn's Wrath, even if I'm building more tanky on them. I just prefer what it gives to warriors than Breastplate does.
-On some Assassins, I also like to get Jotunn's Wrath, such as on Hun Batz, Fenrir, and some others. The CDR on some of their skills, especially on Fear No Evil is very helpful. Also, building crit on them is very nice with Deathbringer, but also either Rage or Malice (I haven't used Malice much, but some are saying it's nice.
-I also get Bancroft's Talon a lot on mages. It's a very nice item to have.
- Asi can be nice to get on some Assassins, but I do omit it from my build on some. It's not a bad choice if your Assassin does a lot with basic attacks, but sometimes I just don't feel the need for it over other items.

Other than these few things that I do different, your builds are pretty good for a general idea. Like I said, builds are almost always subjective, so what works well for me may not be the best for you or others.

And as for heal reduction, it's pretty nice to have. Weakening Curse not only slows the enemies in an area when activated, but also prevents them from healing for the 5 second duration, which is extremely helpful when you're dealing with an enemy Hel, Hercules, or something. Items like Divine Ruin also stack with healing reduction skills, such as Chang'e's Moonflower Dance, which reduces enemy healing by 50%, while Divine Ruin reduces enemy healing by 40%, which leads to a ton of healing reduction that's going to severely cripple the enemy's healing ability, are also very nice to have. Definitely well worth looking into.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 15, 2014 12:48am | Report
SoapSuds wrote:

Also, building crit on them is very nice with Deathbringer, but also either Rage or Malice (I haven't used Malice much, but some are saying it's nice.

Since the Malice got a boost of its passive and the Rage losing it's attack speed boost. they are pretty equal but the rage passive is increased crit chance and the malice will give a part of the damage of the crit in 3 second (refreshing it) that's why people like it now more. (I used to take malice on less auto attack based hunters and rage on auto attack hunters, but now I don't do that anymore)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 18, 2014 3:40pm | Report
FYI, updated and format cleaned a bit for easier reading...let me know what you think?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }