Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Bakasura build

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Bakasura build 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 19, 2017 4:06pm | Report
So, tried some Bakasura today, played like a ****ing niggnog. But won my second game at least.
First game

Second game

But I'm not sure about the build though, it works for sure.
The problems:
No pen. This is not a huge problem ofc. due to Butcher Blades, but I would like The Executioner or a Titan's Bane in there.
Squishy. Until you get Bloodforge you are really squishy and even with it finished you are pretty ****ed unless you can get a kill and get the passive in the late game.

So my plan is to see how it goes with Asi instead of Bloodforge then I would have to switch out Odysseus' Bow as well I feel (it is already pretty bad with only 267 power) although it is nice for splitpushing etc.

I'm also not sure about the Atalanta's Bow, I was not super impressed by it.

Anyone got any suggestions? :)
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » July 19, 2017 4:50pm | Report
First of, try Warrior Tabi instead of Ninja Tabi. Odysseus' Bow gives enough attack speed already in my opinion. Mana shouldn't be an issue if you play Bakasura correctly so no point to get Ninja over Warrior.

On top of this, Bakasura's passive, Insatiable Hunger, already gives attack speed. Make use of this passive by:
  1. Consuming/killing minions before engaging in a fight.
  2. Consuming minions during a fight to regain health and proc the passive.
The passive gives attack and movement speed, making Warrior Tabi an even better choice over Ninja Tabi.
Note: You can take Ninja Tabi early game if you really want, but I highly suggest replacing it for Warrior Tabi late game for sure.

Don't need Atalanta's Bow. It's just not worth it. Throw that out and get The Executioner instead. If you do get The Executioner, remove Odysseus' Bow for another power item. If you want to keep Odysseus' Bow, get Titan's Bane.

Other items I'd recommend:
  • Shifter's Shield - Don't know how you haven't thought of this one. It's nearly a must-have currently due to its low cost but great stats, both defensive and offensive.
  • Stone Cutting Sword - For that added protection benefit while boxing. Especially useful if you opt out of The Executioner or Titan's Bane.
  • Rage + Deathbringer - Combined with Bloodforge, this can get really expensive, but if you want a crit build, this is probably the best combo to get.
  • Void Shield - Small amount of protections, and since you get close the passive is always active. Don't use with Titan's Bane.
  • Iffy items, can be used but may not be entirely effective Jotunn's Wrath, Hydra's Lament, Frostbound Hammer:
    • Jotunn's Wrath just doesn't work that well. The only benefit I'd see is the lowered cooldown for Take Down and Eat Minion. Mana isn't an issue, power is available on more viable items, and the cooldown doesn't matter for Butcher Blades as you only use that once in battle, which shouldn't take longer than a full CD cycle, and doesn't work for Regurgitate either as you should only use that in special circumstances (enemy team is cramped up and you can easily take out 2 or more at once with it), the CDR on Jotunn's just loses a lot of potential. The penetration is nice though, but there's better options.
    • Hydra's Lament is nice if you can remember to put in a basic attack after initiating with Take Down and works very well after activating Butcher Blades. It doesn't provide much use other than that, however, and if you don't use Take Down as an initiation but keep it as an escape, Hydra's Lament will only proc once every battle, which makes it lose a lot of potential.
    • Frostbound Hammer is pretty straightforward, but the passive is more CC oriented and doesn't really complement Bakasura's playstyle as much as Hastened Katana does.

Take this information as you will, here are some build examples:
Warrior Tabi, Hastened Katana and in most cases Qin's Sais are pretty much core. Shifter's Shield could also be considered core at the moment due to how great the item is, pretty much. Other items are interchangeable and I'm sure there'd be other more viable builds. For example, I'm sure that there'd be a possibility to include more defensive items such as Hide of the Urchin in a build for Bakasura. Try different things and see what works best, this is just what I believe would be the most benefitial.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 19, 2017 5:10pm | Report
Some good build suggestions by Zero...

Just an FYI, you blew out your attack speed cap in the first game...without Atalanta's Bow, for example, you'd be at 2.32 attack speed...with it, you're past. So reducing attack speed somewhere for something with added utility is a good idea. Warrior Tabi to drop the attack speed just a bit is a good option, but depends perhaps on how you do early with Butcher Blades...Ninja is probably nice to get an extra hit or two in.

At least 1 protection item, and/or lifesteal would be nice to have, but depends how much CC and coordination the enemy team has, probably. If they stick together, added protection might help you survive to finish one enemy off and make it through the fight.

To that end, Shifter's Shield is good offensively, or maybe Hide of the Urchin for true defense.

On the pen side, Stone Cutting Sword (has that physical protection passive also) or Void Shield might be enough (at least vs. enemy gods) due to the true damage of Butcher Blades. Maybe also consider The Crusher for the flat pen?

I think, with Baka, Hastened Katana might be more valuable before Qin's Sais (again paired with Ninja rather than Warrior). But I don't know for sure...I just don't play him much. I'd be looking to get as much use out of Butcher Blades as possible, so yeah...Katana somewhat early to stick and hit Butcher.

*note* I did say Atalanta's felt sucky XD
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bernardozomer » July 19, 2017 7:04pm | Report
I'd recommend to buy Hastened Katana ealrier. I saw some people (including Duke Sloth) buying it after boots.
#9e2aff #a12bfd #af29e8 #bd29d0 #c828be #d728a8 #d728b0 #e02899 #ee2891 #f02887 #d72875 #d72860
#8a42ff #9c30f6 #ab21ec #b329e4 #b829d9 #ca29c7 #d429bd #de299f #ee2887 #e62873 #e03163 #e53d44
#7b54ff #8d39f6 #a311f4 #a22afb #ae29ed #b63dc7 #a247c7 #ca3d9f #ee3175 #e6325f #e94348 #f14f2c
#676cff #793fff #910aff #871ef5 #7f2ee4 #7542da #665bc7 #8e519f #c04777 #f0464b #f2552d #fc6410
#5384ff #6545ed #7b00e0 #6b1ada #5738d0 #4356d0 #2d74cc #5c65b3 #985b77 #dc5037 #e94c1b #de4606
#3598fe #4750da #5d00a8 #4423b2 #2b46bc #1762c4 #008fcc #377b9f #636b7b #9a574e #d73a12 #c12300

Bernardozomer
<Meat Shield>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 19, 2017 9:34pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

Just an FYI, you blew out your attack speed cap in the first game...without Atalanta's Bow, for example, you'd be at 2.32 attack speed...with it, you're past. So reducing attack speed somewhere for something with added utility is a good idea. Warrior Tabi to drop the attack speed just a bit is a good option, but depends perhaps on how you do early with Butcher Blades...Ninja is probably nice to get an extra hit or two in.

I don't think I was.
But I see how my post can be confusing, I just finished the charge bow. Never got to the Bloodforge that i was planing to build.

It is definitely garbage for hunters, but I am not convinced that it is bad on AA-assassins yet. But it is not OP at least haha

I'd recommend to buy Hastened Katana ealrier. I saw some people (including Duke Sloth) buying it after boots.

Oh yeah ofc.! xD
Totally brainfarted and forgot that it has power now..
Was building like in the old days.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 19, 2017 11:18pm | Report
xZeroStrike wrote:

I really don't like Warrior Tabi on Baka. 20 power is pretty useless compared to the 20% AS at least early game as you mentioned. Just can't see how +20 power and -20% AS (the mana and gold is pretty insignificant) is worth, when Butcher Blades and Qin's Sais is your main source of damage.

I also like to have close to 2,5 AS even without the passive. But I could probably strip some AS.

Haven't decided how bad Atlanta's bow is yet, but yeah pretty sure it's going to go.

Shifter's Shield is ofc. an option (would value it more in a solo build).
Stone Cutting Sword is also a good option.
Not a fan of crit Baka (now that golden bow is gone), and would at least go Asi in that chase.
Frosbound hammer is also more for solo build IMO. It is fun though.
CDR is definitely not needed now after the url buff.

I think I'm landing on something like (for my next game):
Ninja Tabi - Hastened Katana - Qin's Sais - Charged Bow - Bloodforge - Stone Cutting Sword and finish Odysseus' Bow last.

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 19, 2017 11:25pm | Report
building hastened second. going back to my S1 baka build XD

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 19, 2017 11:55pm | Report

If I take out Charged Bow, Ninja/Qin's/Katana/Atalanta/Ody is still over the cap...Keep the others as you already said you plan to do, and you're good to go with just a bit of space under the cap. That sounds like a solid build.

Atalatalatalatalanta's is just totally odd-item-out. Between boots and Katana, you've already got enhanced movespeed, you've got the cripple in the ult, and a leap to catch up if needed. Unless an AA assassin won't get Katana, then I'm guessing Ata just isn't needed. Better to get other things at that point...but would love to have you experiment and find a potential use on some god. Just don't see it in my head, but I can be thick sometimes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/6odbo6/hastened_katana_atalantas_bow/
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » July 20, 2017 1:43am | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

If I take out Charged Bow, Ninja/Qin's/Katana/Atalanta/Ody is still over the cap...Keep the others as you already said you plan to do, and you're good to go with just a bit of space under the cap. That sounds like a solid build.

Ah yeah, you start capping at level 19 1.49 AS at level 18. :p

Branmuffin17 wrote:

Atalatalatalatalanta's is just totally odd-item-out. Between boots and Katana, you've already got enhanced movespeed, you've got the cripple in the ult, and a leap to catch up if needed. Unless an AA assassin won't get Katana, then I'm guessing Ata just isn't needed. Better to get other things at that point...but would love to have you experiment and find a potential use on some god. Just don't see it in my head, but I can be thick sometimes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/6odbo6/hastened_katana_atalantas_bow/

Gonna try it on Merc after I am done with having fun with Baka c.f.
Think he could make use of it, but it seems way to expensive.
Maaaaybe Vamana could make use of it as well, in combination with frosbound instead of hastened?

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }