Love, find your mark! - A Cupid Guide to all Modes
December 6, 2018
Hi everyone, my name is x MysTeRioN z. I play this game on Xbox one.
I started playing Smite with Cupid and since this I haven't stopped.
I`m here to help you play with this little cute guy that can be very annoying and a really demon for the enemy team if used in the right way.
Art by rinlenneko via DeviantArt
"Have you ever been so in love that you feel like your heart will explode?
...Do you wanna be?" - Cupid
Best phrase in the entire game hahaha
Recently I have heard this God is the Teemo of Smite (Teemo is a character from League of Legens that is cute, small, annoying, very good and is only played by people that don't have souls). I don't agree with that,
is cute, small, can be annoying but he is only Love <3. People that don't have soul (and brain) play as
:v (I'm just kidding). Anyway, let's go to what matters.
I'm open to suggestions to make this guide even better, so don't forget to like this guide (if you liked) and tell me what I should improve, what I should change and if this guide was helpful for you.
Pros / Cons
"You can't stop true love!" - Cupid
- Good individual damage
- Good cooldowns
- Good chaser
- Very good teamwork
- Permanent attack speed buff
- High sustain in lane
- A big trouble if used right
- Heals himself and the team
- Has an escape
- Flexible God
- Very Cute and Lovely
- The cutest game cards in the game
- Very squishy
- Your heal is not powerful enough
- Escape is good but not great
- Mesmerize effect in his ultimate is stopped by damage.
- The skills will be removed even when you miss it
- ****py early game
- Too much Mid-Late Game
"Love is a battlefield!" - Cupid
Skill Type: Stacking Buff
fall in love with everything he hits, with more love, more powerful he becomes. He stacks a heart with each basic attack he hits (max 8 stacks). He will have the following additional effects with the stacks:
- Each heart stacked will increase in 2% your skills damage
- Each heart stacked will increase in 2% your heal
When all the 8 hearts are stacked you gain:
- Mesmerized effect on his ultimate is doubled (1.5 secs to 3 secs).
- Heart bomb when explode now will cause stun on all targets in the area.
(This two skills will ALWAYS consume all stacks even when it's not at max.)
TIPS AND HOW TO USE
Cooldown: 12 secs
50/80/110/140/170 (+90% of your Physical Power) (Single Target)
50/80/110/140/170 (+90% of your Physical Power) (In Area)
fire his famous arrow charged with a heart. The target hit with this arrow will loose 20% of movement speed and the heart will stuck on him. After 3 seconds, the heart will explode causing damage to the target and all enemies in the area. If your passive is fully stacked, the explosion will cause 1s stun to the target and all enemies in the area.
TIPS AND HOW TO USE
Share the Love
Type: Ground Target
Cooldown: 14 secs
30/50/70/90/110 (+25% of your Physical Power) per Heart
show to all teammates and himself the face of love throwing 3 hearts on the ground that heals allies or himself if picked up. If an ally get it, it will regenerate Cupid's mana.
TIPS AND HOW TO USE
Cooldown: 16-12 secs
Attack Speed increased:
happy with his love dashes forward leaving a trail of love that increases in 30% all allies movement speed and himself when above it. Also Cupid
gain a permanent attack speed buff by upgrading this skill to help him spread the love.
TIPS AND HOW TO USE
Fields of Love
Type: Ground Target (Ultimate)
Cooldown: 90 secs
220/300/380/460/540 (+100% of your Physical Power)
decides to turn the battlefield in a Love field firing arrows with hearts in a large radius circle in the ground, preventing enemies from use movement skills and stopping them if they already used keeping them close of his love, and also slowing all the targets in 35%. After 2 seconds the hearts on the arrows will explode causing damage and a mesmerize effect on all the targets in the area.
Tips and how to use
"All you need is love!" - Cupid
Here I'm going to help you choose what skill you should upgrade first and what is the priority. You can have a: High damage or High Sustain or even be Hybrid. I will explain each skill order below.
High Damage and High DPS (Standard upgrade to most game modes)
High Sustain (Recommend to Assault)
High Damage and Sustain (Situational)
How to play with Cupid
"Alright let's get it on, hahahahaha!" - Cupid
Cupid, God of Love, a very nice and funny God to play, and also a little easy. Here I will help you saying how you should play with him, the general gameplay, that is common on all game modes.
If you haven't read the Skills sections right above, I suggest you do it before stars here.
I consider Cupid an Hybrid ADC (Half of your skills is focused on damages), so your build must consider your skills and also your basic attacks.
DON'T CHASE AN ENEMY IF YOU ARE NOT SURE YOU'LL KILL, just go if you have the Heart Bomb and/or Fields Of Love and you hit the target. DON'T GO IF THE ENEMY HAVE TEAMMATES NEAR HIM
- You are VERY WEAK and can't heal yourself well at beginning SO YOU MUST PLAY PASSIVE AND SAFE.
- Try to clear the wave as soon as possible, and try to don't take damage from the wave. If the enemy cleared his wave first, retreat to your tower.
- High recommend you take the damage buff, but if mid took it, whatever.
- Try to don't start unnecessary fights until you have power, usually Transcendence.
- In teamfights try to participate from some distance and run for your life if someone focus you.
- PUT WARDS ON THE MAP to avoid be Ganked (See "Warding" section)
- Poke your enemy as soon as possible (using Heart Bomb) but not too much or he will call for help and put you in seriously trouble
- FOCUS ON FARMING, you need to get big as soon as possible so every farm you see, do it if possible (camps or minions waves).
- There isn't so much to do here. Just be careful to don't die. IF THE ENEMY GETS BIGGER THAN YOU, YOU WILL SUFFER SO MUCH.
- Ask for help every time you need, and don't do anything that can compromise you.
Prefer to don't try and stay alive instead of dying trying and feed the enemy. Don't forget to use your heal on your teammates to get mana.
- Now you become some sustainable with Share The Love if you rushed it and do a decent damage, probably you are killing a minions wave without problems using Heart Bomb.
- Now it's time to become a little aggressive. Your damage scales very well now (mainly with the build I did). You will see your basic attacks doing something like 175~200 basic attack and it surprises the most part of the enemy. Now think combined with heart bom and/or Fields Of Love, plus your CC (slows, stun and mesmerize). Time to shine.
- I recommend you start playing a little more aggressive, but not too much aggressive. Remember that your kit is not the best kit in the game and CANNOT save you well from some hotter situations.
- REMEMBER THAT OBJECTIVES ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN KILLS, so it's time to start do your job, carry the game doing the objectives.
- ALWAYS try to participate of teamfights now, 'cause your skills ARE VERY USEFUL to the team.
- Now it's a nice moment to start rotate to surprise enemies and blow them with your love.
Obs.: Change the skills from "default" to "instantaneous" in settings to get better responses (except Fields Of Love and the Heart Bomb).
- Time to group up.
- Now you are stronger than ever so, time to keep shining.
- Use wisely your skills now 'cause they are powerful and can change the games's destiny.
- Stay with your team helping them and now, more than ever, participate in the team fights combining your skills with theirs.
- Unfortunately, you are very squishy, so YOU DIE VERY FAST at late game so you will notice that you will shine less than mid game, BUT, you can counter it by playing safe behind your teammates. So, as long as you don't try to be a front line and stay together with you team you will still being a killing machine.
Cupid on game modes
"Don't be afraid of love! Nobody has ever been hurt by love!" - Cupid (that's a lie hahaha)
Here you will see specific tips to the game modes
Joust, Clash, Siege
"Watch over me please!" - Cupid
"Ahh, You are as tall as me!" - Cupid
To do theses images, I CONSIDERED I SPAWNED AS ORDER SIDE, the light blue team.
I will show you how to warding the DUO, usually the place you will play with Cupid and some places additionally that may be useful. To see a complete section about warding check these two options:
Bran's The Overarching Conquest Guide
EmilZy's Warding Video
"Something to spread the love!" - Cupid
Arena, Joust, Clash, Siege Build
Understand the 4 steps and rush the right item:
The 4 questions to be answered:
If you answer all this question in the right way, you will change the right item and the new one will helps you a lot. Choose wisely!!!!!
- What is the problem?
- What item I did (or I intende to do that) won't help me or isn't helping me with this problem?
- What is the best item below that better solves my problem?
- Will I loose something very important to this match changing this item?
"I've never needed clothes before!" - Cupid
"This might be too big for me!" - Cupid
"I want it! I want it!" - Cupid
These are items with large cooldown that can help you in the battle or even save you life, so don't forget to get it before go to the battle. Relics are free, but can be upgraded for 500g. Players unlock their first Relic at
level 1, and their second Relic at level 12.
details about the relics
"True love never dies!" - Cupid
about Cupid (the God)
About the Smite Cupid (the playable character)
cupid just want to ask to hirez...
So go ahead now
Let's make love find his mark!!!!
My final considerations is that he is very funny to play and brings a big satisfaction feeling when you helps a lot the team (Killing or help to kill).
If you follow the tips and the builds here I'm sure you'll be EXCELENT as Cupid.
- Zennore - The guy who did this amazing art of cute Cupid in the headers (Via DeviantArt)
- branmuffin17- The big "brain", who helped me with some tips and builds to this Guide.[/color]
- icecoldpappsi - Who helped me solving some errors.
- Everyone else that put a feedback into comments section <3
That's it, thank you for reading my guide.