Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Theory-Crafting with the new 4.13 items

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Theory-Crafting with the new 4.13 items 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 13, 2017 3:10pm | Report
Let's go over the new items. I'll discuss their stats a bit, and where they might fit in a build, and who might use it. I'll use a structured format for each item.

Hastened Katana
  • Main stat line: 2,400 gold, 10% move speed, 25 physical power, 25% attack speed, passive (hitting enemy god with a basic attack grants Haste (e.g. Fatalis effect) for 1 second).

• Who CAN use it: Warriors and Assassins

• Where does it fit? Basic attackers only. Unknown where in the build. Base movement speed seems to be a thing HR wants. Early additional move speed is good, but with no flat pen like Fatalis had, the 25 power is a bit weak. High attack speed also wants Qin's Sais or other things to help push damage per basic.

• Application: Obviously, the assassins that depended on Fatalis before will still need this item. That specifically means Kali and Bakasura. However, it's probably going to be best to pick up later in a build. Although the price is okay, it's now more strongly a late-game item.

Example Kali build: (Starter), Warrior Tabi, Ichaival / Silverbranch Bow, Stone Cutting Sword, Qin's Sais, Hastened Katana, Titan's Bane, replace Ichaival with situational

Hastened Ring

Atalanta's Bow
  • Main stat line: 2,300 gold, 30 physical power, 20% attack speed, passive (hitting basic attacks increases move speed by 7% up to 4 times (28% max), for 2 seconds).

• Who CAN use it: All physical gods.

• Where does it fit? Okay price, no pen, decent power, but basics increase move speed...but you still get that stupid basic attack move speed debuff, so it's not really synergistic. Doesn't fit almost anywhere, at any time. Price is expensive for the stats it brings.

• Application: The ONLY one I can see utilizing this to some effect would be Medusa, due to her Sidewinder. The added move speed (as long as she's connecting on basics) will be like a poor-man's Fatalis. Late game ONLY, IF that.

Toxic Blade
  • Main stat line: 2,200 gold, 100 health, 10% move speed, 20% attack speed, 10 flat penetration, passive (enemies hit by basic attacks gain 20% reduced healing up to 3 times (60% max), for 5 seconds).

• Who CAN use it: All gods.

• Where does it fit? Move speed and flat penetration, along with pretty low price, equate to a decent early game item for rotation speed. However, no power and anti-healing function makes it more situational. Also, only fits for basic attackers, due to passive application and attack speed.

• Application: I honestly don't know. The healing portion makes me think of a solo-laner against a self-healing enemy. Could also work for Bakasura due to his true damage negating SOME need for power...but not ideal, and he's meant to blow people up, not win an extended 1 v 1 battle against someone trying to heal themselves. Really...WTF.

Shaman's Ring (Redesign)
  • Main stat line: 2,200 gold, 60 magical power, 10% move speed, passive (dealing 100 damage to enemy gods gives 1 stack...at 50 stacks (5,000 enemy god damage), gains a passive dealing an additional 10% damage to targets hit by wearer's abilities).

• Who CAN use it: All magical gods.

• Where does it fit? Has really limited stats for the price, at least at first, so it's not the greatest early-game item, especially when flat pen and lifesteal are higher priorities for mid-laners, while protections are more important for Guardian Supports.

• Application: 5,000 damage is extremely easy to deal quickly once builds are more complete, and the 10% extra damage is like having double the effect, and with no cooldown, of Ethereal Staff. So...really aggressive Supports might like this (maybe Bacchus?), but mostly it'll be an interesting late-game pickup for Mid-lane Mages to just increase their overall damage output. Ao Kuang might also like this in the Jungle.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » July 13, 2017 3:23pm | Report
Patch notes out not even a day and already theorycrafting with the stuff.
If you're that bored, I have nothing to do now, we could play some Joust on PS4. Unless... well, The Wife (Definitely end-game boss, that one).

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 13, 2017 3:24pm | Report
(SHHHHHHHHH I'm at woooooooork...otherwise I'd totally play)

Also, lol...that boss is unbeatable. Just warning you.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » July 13, 2017 3:28pm | Report
So I've heard it's unbeatable. Even the most well-equipped knights with max stats and the best gear possible still failed to beat the boss with a group of 6! Sheez!

And alright, no problem. - We'll group another time.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 13, 2017 3:32pm | Report
I'm actually at work Mon-Fri until 5ish PDT, then hour commute home...just, playtimes don't line up for most people.

GOTZ/time2 has been asking me to play for the past 2 weeks on PS4 with him...been busy (needed to do the patch stuff yesterday, other times wife wants to spend time, then there's PC Smite group etc. etc.).
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » July 13, 2017 4:18pm | Report
I understand, no problem. Man's gotta do what he's gotta do. Work first, games after. If only I could get myself to do that,... neehh.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » July 13, 2017 4:25pm | Report
@Branmuffin

Are you mostly on PS4 or PC?

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 13, 2017 4:50pm | Report
Hey boogie, either/or these days. I've played on PC since S1, I've got a good PC with what I feel is a drastically superior control scheme, and right now, people are on summer vacation, so I can often find Taco, GGF, and others online on a regular basis. PC is my preference.

That said, I don't mind PS4, I just hate and suck with the PS4 control scheme (and don't even bother with the VGS system on it) and on SOME Friday nights, I'll play with newbiemj and time2medicate and we just have fun in whatever mode while in party chat. Here and there I'll also play other nights on PS4, but it's very random.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bernardozomer » July 13, 2017 5:36pm | Report
I had to make this:

EDIT: Seems like increasing the size 100 times more wasn't a great idea...
#9e2aff #a12bfd #af29e8 #bd29d0 #c828be #d728a8 #d728b0 #e02899 #ee2891 #f02887 #d72875 #d72860
#8a42ff #9c30f6 #ab21ec #b329e4 #b829d9 #ca29c7 #d429bd #de299f #ee2887 #e62873 #e03163 #e53d44
#7b54ff #8d39f6 #a311f4 #a22afb #ae29ed #b63dc7 #a247c7 #ca3d9f #ee3175 #e6325f #e94348 #f14f2c
#676cff #793fff #910aff #871ef5 #7f2ee4 #7542da #665bc7 #8e519f #c04777 #f0464b #f2552d #fc6410
#5384ff #6545ed #7b00e0 #6b1ada #5738d0 #4356d0 #2d74cc #5c65b3 #985b77 #dc5037 #e94c1b #de4606
#3598fe #4750da #5d00a8 #4423b2 #2b46bc #1762c4 #008fcc #377b9f #636b7b #9a574e #d73a12 #c12300

Bernardozomer
<Meat Shield>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » July 13, 2017 5:38pm | Report
I just know that this patch gave basic attack assassins a big buff item-wise.

Bakasura gets a new hastened fatalis, one that betters him more to transition into the late game easier. He can still get it early on because of his true damage on his Butcher Blades, and the passive power on it. He can also get the new Atalanta's Bow to help his juking abilities. Im thinking his new build would be Warrior Tabi, with a combination of the new hastened katana, Atalanta's Bow, Qin's Sais and The Executioner or Titan's Bane based on preference. Then a Shifter's Shield to grant him more power and defenses. Of course this is kind of costly, but a Shifter's Shield plus his Eat Minion ability protection buff is nothing to scoff at.

With Divine Judgement getting nerfed and Slice and Dice getting buffed, Nemesis can now be more effective with an AA build, since her ult is not as effective for her to just be an ult bot.

Kali now gets a bit more power with the hastened katana, and a better late game transition.

And people seem to have forgotten about Mercury. He can now afford to get BOTH items because of his passive, which only increases his power even more because of atalanta's bow. He might be wasting the attack speed because of his steroid on his 2 but the passives of the items plus his own passive can make up for that.

Warrior wise, I might get the new hastened katana on Erlang Shen just so I dont have to use his minx form to get the hastened effect.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }