Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Preparation For Sub's Create-A-God Contest Thingy!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » Preparation For Sub's Create-A-God Contest Thingy! 147 posts - page 1 of 15
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 12, 2014 11:13pm | Report
Judging begins on July 27.

Theme

Two words: Fictional. Characters. You want Darth Vader in Smite? Make a kit for him! You want Goku in Smite? Make a kit for him!

The Prize

A 5$ UGC card to the winner.

Rules

You may create only one god idea, but you can retract an idea if you wish (alert me with a PM).

ENTRIES MUST BE COMPLETE BEFORE SUBMISSION. THIS MEANS YOU CAN'T GIVE ME ONE PASSIVE AND A PICTURE AND CALL IT AN ENTRY. I WILL NOT ACCEPT THEM.

Also, don't try to demoralize the competition excessively, or you will face the wrath of Sub God.

Judging

There will be four judges (one of them me, obviously.) Three judges with judge each idea; the odd number will prevent a tie, if it comes to that. Anyway, the reason for there being four judges while only three are needed at once is simple: So the judges themselves can compete! They obviously won't be able to score themselves.

Now, how will judging work? Your god idea will be judged off of several categories:

- Originality. A yes-or-no idea, to prevent people from copy-pasta-ing parts or the entirety of another MOBA champion's kit.

- Balance. Superman may be able to withstand being thrown into the sun, but this does not mean he should take zero damage from Apollo and Ra. A 1-5 category.

- Synergy. Another 1-5 category. Basically, you can't slap on of unrelated abilities together and call it a day. An example of a kit lacking synergy is Artemis, with a terrible buff meant for a hyper carry next to two of the worst scaling skills in the game, with a skill that only is useful if you burn a trap to use it.

- Lore and Additional Info. As the most important requirement, it is worth an astounding total of zero points. However, it should be noted that BBC coding your idea will make it easier to read, and therefore understand - you want to be as clear as possible.

- Completion: This is another thing that's worth zero points. However, points WILL be deducted if you do something like not putting things like damage numbers or stun duration or cooldowns, etc, a point will be deducted from your score. As a reminder, try to put as much necessary data as you can. We don't need to know things like mana costs (with the exception of especially low cost things, Osiris's Slowing Hook Throw of Doom for example), but we do need to know things like how much your ability scales by (or if it doesn't.)

How To Enter

For competitors: Make your god idea, and put in brackets "SubJuly". So [SubJuly], basically. Also, PM me so I can take a look at it.

For judges: PM me.

This period of preparation will last two weeks. I'll also update this post with a list of entries.

List of Judges

Subzero008
UnknownPandr
Firraria
MadDanny
Jordenito
Raventhor
Aphnex

List of Entries

Subzero008's Yang Xiao-Long (RWBY)
FaTaLiTyFiReFly's King Worm, the King of Worms (Adventure Time)
Janitsu's ****er, the One and Only (Reddit)
Pentargonite's Batman, the Dark Knight (Batman)
Firraria's Dexter Morgan, the Righteous Serial Killer (Dexter)
FerrumSlash's Reisen U****ein Inaba, Lunacy-Inducing Moon Rabbit (Touhou)
Dark Jaw's Xenomorph (Alien)
HolyPudding's Tirek, the Magic Reaper (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
Mekali's Kranon the Relentless (Warhammer 40,000)
shakz180's Elsa, the Snow Queen (Frozen)
Devampi's Ezio auditore Da firzenze (Assassin's Creed)
HiFromBuddha's Dante, the Demon Hunter (Devil May Cry)
Aphnex's Nightmare, the Dark Wielder (Soul Caliber)
All4Games's Dusclops, the Beckon Pokemon (Pokemon)
Razemage's Temari, the Wind Ninja (Naruto)
M4XiiMUS's Akatosh, the Dragon God of Time (Skyrim)
anshsmite's Master Yoda the Jedi Warrior (Star Wars)

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UnknownPandr » July 12, 2014 11:22pm | Report
I shall be one of the judges. Me and Sub discussed it on skype.

UnknownPandr

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » July 12, 2014 11:34pm | Report
I'll be one of the judges too. I'll also be including a SUPER SECRET prize (the $5 ugc) to the winner.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 13, 2014 4:43am | Report
Ah *** it, I'll make one.

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 13, 2014 4:55am | Report
I'm so inspirationaless :(. I will always end up stealing something or making something incredible OP. I won't participate XD

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » July 13, 2014 9:10am | Report
This seems like fun. :) Good luck to everyone entering!

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » July 13, 2014 9:17am | Report
I'm down for it, just a quick q.

Whats a ugc card o.o

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 13, 2014 10:51am | Report
If i'm allowed this will be the link to my entry:
https://www.smitefire.com/smite/forum/god-item-ideas/subjuly-king-worm-the-king-of-worms-5596
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 13, 2014 8:05pm | Report
Updated the first post with a list of judges and contestants. This looks like a healthy turnup.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 13, 2014 8:08pm | Report
Oh, and one more thing: Judges can give feedback on a god idea, if they wish. After all, feedback and editing is part of the process, and we aren't technically judging the god ideas as they are, but the versions of them in the future.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }