Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[SubJuly] Yang Xiao-Long (Physical Melee Fighter)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [SubJuly] Yang Xiao-Long (Physical Melee Fighter) 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 14, 2014 2:30am | Report
Yang Xiao-Long

Alt. Title: Yang Beats Up Everyone For Five Minutes

or

You're already here for a while, and should watch the video

Yang is a physical melee bruiser with some ranged capabilities, capable of fantastic sustained damage and endurance. Her unique Flare Round mechanic creates some interesting decisions where you juggle limited resources for damage, mobility, or CC.

Yang is able to fit in a variety of roles, but pays for this flexibility with being not the best in any particular role. She can certainly jungle, and her powerful knockbacks help out her ganks, but she lacks burst damage. She can also make a fine support, with excellent peeling, initiation, and tankiness, but she doesn't distinguish herself with things like Khumbakharna's AoE CC or Ymir's peeling, or Athena's mobility. Solo laning is also possible, but your clear is somewhat lacking.

Ultimately, Yang brings some of everything to the party, and does it with style.

Base Stats

Passive: Ember Celica:
Yang casts her abilities freely.

Yang's basic attacks within melee range apply a debuff called Stagger, stacking up to three times. If Yang hits an enemy with three stacks of Stagger, the enemy hit is knocked back and stunned and all stacks are consumed. Allied basic attacks refresh the duration but do not add another Stagger stack. Enemies cannot be affected by this more than once every five seconds.

Distance: 15 feet
Stun: 0.75/1.0/1.25 seconds (Levels 1, 10, and 20)
Stack Duration: 5 seconds

1: Dragon's Breath:
Yang swaps out to her explosive flare rounds, gaining 6 stacks of Flare Rounds. Basic attacks will become ranged and deal bonus damage in a 15-foot radius, but will consume a Flare Round. (This damage is unaffected by critical hits and does not apply on hit effects).

Some of Yang's other abilities will use a Flare Round if able, creating an additional effect. Reloading takes 0.5 seconds and can be interrupted.

Damage: 20/40/60/80/100 (+25% of your physical power)
Stack Duration: Infinite
Max Stacks: 12 stacks
Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11 seconds

2: Flare Blitz:
Yang winds up for a brutal punch (1 second channel, like Overhand Smash), knocking enemies away and dealing 80/125/170/215/260 damage (+85% of your physical power). This ability with consume a Flare Round if able, dealing its bonus damage in addition to stunning the target for 1 second. Enemies hit get a Stagger Stack.

Pressing two again while channeling will cancel the attack and make Yang dash in the direction she is moving, and this ability's cooldown is reset. This effect consumes a Flare Round.

Area: 20 x 15 feet
Knockback Distance: 20 feet.
Dash Length: 15 feet. Shorter than Warrior's Will.
Cooldown: 10 seconds

3: Retaliate:
Passive: If Yang gets damaged for more than 10% of her maximum health in one hit, she gains a stack of Retaliation, increasing her movement speed by 3% and power by 3/4/5/6/7. Max 5 stacks.

Active: Yang gains massive protections for 3 seconds, which decays down to half over the next 2 seconds, then lasts for 2 more seconds.

Pressing 3 while protected removes the protections buff but increases Yang's attack speed by 100% on her next 3 basic attacks. This action consumes a Flare Round.

Stack Duration: 5 seconds
Protections: 40/55/70/85/100 bonus protections
Cooldown: 15 seconds

4: Sudden Impact:
Yang leaps to a target location, dealing 150/225/300/375/450 damage (+50% of your physical power) in a 15-foot radius.

Pressing 4 midair will make Yang slam her fists into the ground upon landing, creating a shockwave that knocks up enemies in a 22/24/26/28/30 foot circle and dealing its bonus damage. This action consumes a Flare Round.

This ability's cooldown is halved if used without reactivation. Enemies hit get a stack of Stagger.

Knockup Duration: 1 second
Cooldown: 60/55/50/45/40 seconds

Additional Notes:

Change Log

Flare Blitz Dash Calculations

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Pentargonite » July 14, 2014 2:36am | Report

Pentargonite

Distinguished (62)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SherriffTurtle » July 14, 2014 5:04am | Report
And you told me cooldowns go up in this game.
YOU HAVE COME TO THE CDR SIDE! WELOME!
Lol jk
/rant mode/
But the cdr for leveling her ulti seems a tad much, 40s cd on an ulti is very low, even on one that does such a small amount of damage, the fact that at rank one, if your not using the knockup, it is a 30 s cooldown, the cooldown of arachne's ultimate, the lowest base cooldown ultimate in game not including stance switches. Get it to max rank and when you dont use the knockup its 300 damage with a 20s cooldown that costs no mana, plus it's double use as an excape. Granted, the knockup js a huge part of he ability, but seeing as with some power builds that can bring the gods physical power to 400 give or take, that's a 3-500 damage nuke that costs no mana with a possible 20s cooldown.
No offense meant, I just tend to get like that sometimes. I'd say increase cooldown on her ulti OR take out the halved cooldown.
Now, about her passive. The stagger thing is great, pretty balance and it seems fun. But the casting stuff for free seems a bit much. It makes her an extremely potent jungler, adc, solo laner, and mid laner simply because she doesn't need mana pots, blue buff, and doesn't need to back as much. There's also the fact that with full cdr people could just spam spam spam her 2, 3, and 4 to do ridiculous things. I'd say either just make her use mana, or if you still don't want her to be mana dependent, maybe use the energy system from lol. Just having no ability costs whatsoever is kind of ridonkulous.
(i'm not counting her flares because she's not dependent on them to deal damage, especially since you can once again spam her 1 since she doesn't use mana)
/rant over/
Once again no offense meant, I'm just a ranty person.
But yeah, otherwise seems fun and good and stuff!
Favorite Roles: Jungle, Mid
Favorite Gods: Sun Wukong, Loki, Thanatos, Ares
Never give up, because you move like a jaguar.

SherriffTurtle

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 14, 2014 5:44am | Report
Sheriff, about Yang's ult...at rank one, it's basically Lunge, except with a 30 second cooldown. Who cares if it's an ultimate, it's still a completely barebones leap. You shouldn't treat an ultimate ability like an ultimate just because it's an ultimate. I mean, Hun Batz has an leap that deals nearly as much base damage, has higher scalings, has a 50% slow attached, AND has a 8 second cooldown at max rank. I don't see any problems here, escape-wise.

And yeah, late game it's a small nuke with a 20 second cooldown. Let me make another comparison: Artemis' Suppress The Insolent. It's scalings are nearly identical, but Art's deals more damage (she's an ADC who stacks power, unlike Yang who needs to stack some protections), and it has a 10 second cooldown. I don't see any problems with it, damage wise.

Yang's also designed to be a bruiser, not an assassin. As I mentioned, she lacks burst damage, with her only nukes being her ult and her punch. The punch is fairly strong, but delayed, not to mention lacks range, and her ult is really not used for damage, as explained above. Her other abilities and her passive all rely on being at close range and being in a fight for a decent amount of time - not a suitable enviroment for an assassin's build.

Don't forget that as an ultimate, it also has a DOWNside - you can't rank it up very quickly. That means most of the time, it's going to be doing less damage than the examples I showed.

If I took out the halved CD effect, there would never be an incentive to not use a Flare Round; AoE CC is better than one ranged basic, every time. I'm striving for a balance, here.

As for the free casts, well, I think you have the wrong impression: She's VERY basic attack based. Two of her abilities are basic attack steroids, and her other abilities are primarily CC, not damage. (Seriously, look at this: her two and four combined have 680 base + 160% scalings, compared to Batz's 1165 + 345% scalings on his kit. I didn't put all of Yang's Dragon's Breath since it's not burst damage.)

And she's resource-less, too, but that doesn't really make her unbalanced. Thanatos is a jungler who only technically has a resource (his health and mana costs are so low they are insignificant), and he's not as broken as Merc, who does use mana.

As for ability spam, eh. I don't really see people building CDR on her. You get CDR for things that have high cooldowns; it's better to shave off 7.2 seconds off of Ymir's 18 second stun, or 36 seconds off of Hun Batz's ult. Yang's abilities all have short cooldowns, and as such, don't really benefit much from CDR. But even if they do build CDR, they don't get much more damage (since her ability damage, as mentioned before, don't deal much), and the best thing you'd be able to get is probably using your boosted ultimate twice in one engagement (and more punches), but I think that's a good trade-off for losing damage and/or tankiness.

I think I answered your points. Plz respond.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » July 14, 2014 7:30am | Report
I like this god overall, nice design, well thought out, and great kit.

I am quite iffy on the passive in general. No cooldowns and a stun every 3 basic attacks? Even if it is only .75 seconds, this god has more CC with knock up with it's passive and 2 and 4. I think that you should take out the stun in the passive and put a 1 seconds stun on her ultimate if she uses a Flare Round (replacing or additional knockup).

A god with no mana costs make a whole bunch of items kinda useless. Transcendence is a biggy, but other items with mana benefits are degrading you of other items that have more benefits w/o mana.

So for the passive, I'm suggesting taking out the stun, take out the no mana costs (add in mana costs), and add in Flare Rounds in the passive (gaining 6 stacks with basic attacks and or time somwhat similar to astral arrows and agni's passive).

Good luck in your own competition :3

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 14, 2014 7:49am | Report
Build attackspeed and basically permastun.

you can attack up to 2.5 times a second at max. which means in 2 seconds you can almost stun him twice
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 14, 2014 9:14am | Report

Build attackspeed and basically permastun.

you can attack up to 2.5 times a second at max. which means in 2 seconds you can almost stun him twice

Er, no offense, but I think you got this wrong.

Low base attack speed means that you will need 150% bonus attack speed to get that at level 20. You'll need Fatalis, Witchblade, The Executioner, Asi, Warrior Tabi, and Qin's Sais to get 2.34% attack speed, and you will be squishy and deal completely insignificant damage. Mages will be able to complete shred you before you can even get close. And you STILL won't get the permastun, as you need to attack four times to trigger the passive, aka you spend 1.7 seconds to get a 0.75 second stun.

2.34 attacks per second = 1 / 2.34 = 0.427 x 4 basic attacks = 1.71 seconds to trigger passive.

And that is after getting six items, making it to late game, with a frankly awful build that makes no sense at all.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 14, 2014 9:27am | Report
Greenevers wrote:

I like this god overall, nice design, well thought out, and great kit.

I am quite iffy on the passive in general. No cooldowns and a stun every 3 basic attacks? Even if it is only .75 seconds, this god has more CC with knock up with it's passive and 2 and 4. I think that you should take out the stun in the passive and put a 1 seconds stun on her ultimate if she uses a Flare Round (replacing or additional knockup).

A god with no mana costs make a whole bunch of items kinda useless. Transcendence is a biggy, but other items with mana benefits are degrading you of other items that have more benefits w/o mana.

So for the passive, I'm suggesting taking out the stun, take out the no mana costs (add in mana costs), and add in Flare Rounds in the passive (gaining 6 stacks with basic attacks and or time somwhat similar to astral arrows and agni's passive).

Thanks for the feedback.

Four basics, actually. That's quite significant, so I await your reply to that. (And there's not much difference between a 1 sec stun and knockup other than style, really, not to mention I really don't like big AoE CC.)

Trandescendence may be useless on her, but it's a useless item in general, really. I'd blame Smite's itemization on that one, because there are a lot of resource-less or alternate resource champions in other MOBAs that work just fine. (Besides, that's a trade-off in itself; you lose the mana bonus on Breastplate of Valor in exchange for having no mana costs. Think of it like that.)

Er, remember, 4 basics. And each stack lasts 2 seconds.

As for your suggestion, I can't really accept either of them; basic attacks restricts you to your minions like Zhong Kui, and really isn't fun (especially late game), while time-based stacks is basically Astral Quiver.

But thanks for the feedback.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » July 14, 2014 10:40am | Report
No problem sub

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » July 19, 2014 5:21pm | Report
Passive: The stun on basic attacks is fine, but I don't know how I feel about no mana costs at all.

1st Ability: Feels like a ripoff of Freya's 2, although there are some notable differences. Seems pretty balanced.

2nd Ability: Not much to say here. Looks balanced.

3rd Ability: I think the protections could be increased.

4th ability: Medium damage nuke with a medium cooldown. Seems pretty strong at max rank with that tiny cooldown, not sure if unbalanced though.

Overall: I give this a 114236275432 out of 10000000000000000000000000000.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }