Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[SubJuly]Nightmare - The Dark Wielder

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [SubJuly]Nightmare - The Dark Wielder 9 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » July 21, 2014 11:41am | Report
Nightmare - The Dark Wielder
Nightmare is a health based Warrior Jungler who uses health costed abilities to bring damage and utility to fights, but severely lacks mobility.

Base Stats
Health: 480 (+90)
Speed: 355 (+0)
Attack/Sec: 1.1 (+1%)
Basic Attack Damage: 39 + 2.3 (+ 100% of Physical Power)
Progression: 1/.5/.75/1.5

Abilities
Passive: Soul Edge:
When Nightmare dies, his sword remains, pumping out 65% of his maximimum health, dealing 3% as damage every .2 seconds until the total 65% is consumed.

Range: 30

1:Violent Whirlwind:
Nightmare swings his sword around him, dealing damage and knocking all enemies back.

Damage: 180/190/210/240/280 (+40% of your physical power)
Cost: 10% of your maximum health
Cooldown: 18s
Area: 15

2: Conveyor of the Damned:
This ability may be used one additional time three seconds after activation. Nightmare slams his sword down, dealing damage to all enemies in front of him and slowing them. Activating this ability again will cause nightmare to dash behind the last enemy that was dealt damage by this ability, knocking all enemies aside.

Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+60% of your physical power)
Slow: 20/25/30/35/40%
Cost: 10% of your current health
Cooldown: 12s
Range: 50

3: Devour:
Passive: Nightmare gains 25/30/35/40/45% additional attack speed after using an ability for 2 seconds.

Active: Nightmare shouts in a cone in front of him, dealing damage fearing all enemies and draining life from them. If used after Violent Whirlwind, enemies are taunted.

Damage: 80/90/100/110/120 (+55% of your physical power)
Heal: 30/45/60/75/90 (+25% of your physical power) per enemy hit.
Fear/Taunt Duration: 1.25 seconds
Cost: No cost
Cooldown: 16s

4: Critical Edge:
After a 1.5 second cast time, Nightmare violently slams down his sword, breaking the ground and causing flames to erupt from the ground in a straight line across the battlefield. Enemies that are caught in front of his sword are stunned and are dealt full damage, and enemies that pass through the flames are burned and slowed.

Damage: 150/200/250/300/350 (+120% of your physical power)
Burn Damage: 30/40/50/60/70 (+20% of your physical power) every second for 5 seconds.
Stun: 1.5s
Slow: 20/40/50/60/70%
Slow Duration: 3s
Cost: 25% of your current health
Cooldown: 140s

Voicelines

Not my best, not my worst. Been busy with other things atm but I'd thought I'd make one for the Lulz. My computer broke, so this was remade and may I add quite rushed. Any feedback is accepted, thought I may not get to it in time. ^-^

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by shakz180 » July 21, 2014 1:01pm | Report
I'm getting a tryndamere feel to this lol. But hey, soul calibur!

For 2, don't you think the targeting system with the dash is too unreliable? It was like the Batz "Sacred Monkey" targeting system with the last enemy hit. Espescially, as a gap closer to a specific target.

And with his passive, how fast does rage regenerate if he's dealt with damage or uses his 2 or 4? Does it cap?

shakz180

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » July 21, 2014 1:49pm | Report
That's why there's a three second activation timer between the ability and the dash; Hun's teleport can be very useful if used properly. Think of a 2 -> 2(dash) -> 1 -> 3 -> AA combo.

I'm not too certain about the regen. But it'd be based off of the amount of health he has. Think Aatrox from LoL instead of Tryndamere and it would be somewhat like that.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 21, 2014 9:14pm | Report
Yea all these rage bar ideas make me wonder, IF it was in the game what would its interaction with meditation/ change's mana restore be?

A nice idea, can't leave a feedbackbomb yet.
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 22, 2014 7:27pm | Report
I find his rage costs to be rather...decorative. Rage is almost always done in 100, maybe 150 at the absolute maximum, but you gave him 840 rage at level 20 (140 base + 35 per level). This means he may as well be a resourceless god, as his costs are tiny in comparison to his maximum and his ease of gaining resources.

In addition, you don't tell us how much rage he obtains upon being hit and upon landing a basic attack. As for the former, I suggest removing it, as getting hit by a DoT shouldn't really instantly refill your resource.

His one is interesting.

His two is odd, I'm not sure if I like the dual costs on him. But at any rate, this skill solves quite a bit of his mobility problems, as enemies CANNOT get near Nightmare without him being able to (essentially) teleport to them later. You might also want to put the AoE.

His three is blatantly overpowered and bloated. Very much so. I have no problems with the fear and taunt, I do have a problem with what is basically a mini-Nemesis-ult with every single ability cast. In addition, the healing does not increase with level but its starting value is ridiculous; the enemies drained have no maximum limit, which means he will heal up to 780 + 330% of his physical power with each minion wave. And even on a single target, 55% healing is very, very strong - Tyr's heal healed for an overpowered amount, and it has 40% scalings (120% max).

His ultimate...is amazingly cool. I have no problems with it.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » July 22, 2014 8:54pm | Report
Alright, nerfed his three and made him purely health based.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 22, 2014 9:58pm | Report
AoE of passive needs to be listed.

THE RANGE OF HIS 2 IS FIFTY FEET LONG? Woah. That's huge.

I'm glad his three is fixed now. Attack speed is excellent for bruisering. One minor complaint is that this skill feels very bloated compared to his one. Like, his three is a steroid, a small nuke, a sustain skill, and CC, all at once. Maybe...I dunno, transfer his healing to his whirlwind or something? Call it "Whirlwind Maw?" And change the name of his Consume, too?

But that's a minor quibble. Now, the idea is excellent.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » July 24, 2014 12:28pm | Report
Added his role as a Warrior Jungler, Range for passive, and changed Devour's numbers.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 24, 2014 6:13pm | Report
No clause of 3 max on Consume?

Otherwise, awesomesauce now.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }