Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[SubJuly] Dexter Morgan, The Righteous Serial Killer

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [SubJuly] Dexter Morgan, The Righteous Serial Killer 8 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » July 14, 2014 2:17am | Report

Changelog:

Added Splash damage to his 1 when hitting minions.
Increased damage on his 2.
Reduced Passive radius.
Significant changes to ult.
Added a changelog.
Added "my thoughts on Dexter Morgan".
Nerfed the damage on his 1.
Made a few changes to his 3.
Nerfed passive again.
Made a few non-numerical tweaks to the passive.
Nerfed his 2.
Nerfed the damage on his 3 even further.
Nerfed damage and CC.
Removed knockback and reduced damage on his 3.
Reduced CC on his 1, and changed stun to shorter mez.
Very slightly reduced damage on his 1.
Reduced ult damage slightly.
Removed initial damage on Charge, and added a circular attack to the end of it.

Lore:

After witnessing his mother being murdered right in front of him as a child, Dexter Morgan has had a lack of empathy and a craving for blood. His foster-father, Harry, who worked as a police officer, realized that Dexter was different from other people, and so he trained him to kill only the bad people.

Stats:

Type: Melee, Physical.
Role: Assassin, High Single Target Damage.
Health: 390 (+75 per level)
Mana: 230 (+42 per level)
Speed: 375
Attack Speed: 1 (+1.6% per level)
Damage: 36 (+2.6 per level) +100% of physical power.
Swing Chain: Just normal attacks.

Abilities:

Passive Ability:

Righteous Judgement

Every time an enemy kills a member of Dexter's team, that enemy becomes Dexter's target. Dexter gains an additional effect that causes him to change into Serial Killer stance whenever he is within 80 feet of his target. Dexter will immediately change back into Normal Dexter stance when he is no longer within 80 feet of his target, but will still switch back once he is within 80 feet of his target again. This stance-changing effect will not expire until the targeted enemy has been killed, by Dexter or by a team member.
Also, if Dexter's target is within 130 feet, he can see the target's location on the map.

Additionally, every time Dexter uses an ability while in his Serial Killer stance, he becomes exhausted, and will be locked into his Normal stance for the next 2.5 seconds. Dexter can not become exhausted during the duration of his ultimate, Righteous Murder.

In Normal Dexter stance, he is wearing his usual work clothes, and during Serial Killer stance, he is wearing his kill suit.
1st Ability:

Headlock/Tranquilize

Headlock (Normal Dexter):

Dexter grabs an enemy within melee target (like Arachne's Drain Life in terms of targeting system) and throws them in the direction he is pointing. The target can only be thrown 20 feet.
Upon hitting the ground, the target will be damaged and slowed.
Using this ability while under the effect of Vulnerable/Surprise will cause the slow duration to increase by 1s.
This ability can be used on minions. If Dexter uses the ability on a minion, it will deal splash damage to nearby enemy gods and minions alike in a 15 foot radius.

Tranquilize (Serial Killer Dexter):

Dexter tranquilizes and grabs an enemy within melee range (like Arachne's Drain Life in terms of targeting system) and throws them in the direction he is pointing. The target can only be thrown 20 feet. Upon hitting the ground, the target will be damaged and mesmerized. The slow will apply after the mez ends.
Using this ability while under the effect of Vulnerable/Surprise will cause the mez duration to increase by .3s.
This ability can be used on minions. If Dexter uses the ability on a minion, it will deal splash damage to nearby enemy gods and minions alike in a 15 foot radius.

Damage (Headlock): 90/120/150/180/210(+45% of your physical power)
Damage (Tranquilize): 100/130/165/205/255 (+55% of your physical power)
Splash Damage (Headlock): 90/110/130/160/200(+40% of your physical power)
Splash Damage (Tranquilize): 90/120/160/180/225 (+50% of your physical power)
Slow: 15/17.5/20/22.5/25%
Slow Duration: 2s
Mez Duration: .5/.6/.7/.8/.9s
Cost: 50
Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12
2nd Abiltiy:

Vulnerable/Surprise

Vulnerable (Normal Dexter):

Dexter looks vulnerable on the outside. To enemies, his health will appear to be 75% less than what it actually is for 10s or until he loses over 75% of his actual health. His first basic attack used during Vulnerable will deal bonus damage, in addition to his normal basic attack damage.
His health will appear to drop as normal as enemies hit him.
Additionally, enemies can not see what items/gear/actives Dexter has in the tab menu for the entire duration.

Surprise (Serial Killer Dexter):

Dexter is surprising and unpredictable. To enemies, Dexter will appear to be in Normal Dexter stance, and will have a random amount of health to each enemy that is looking at him. His fake health meter can even go above his maximum, making him appear to be very tanky. His first basic attack used during Surprise will deal additional damage and fear the enemy.
His health will appear to drop as normal as enemies hit him.
Additionally, enemies can not see what items/gear/actives Dexter has in the tab menu for the entire duration. Dexter also has no movement speed penalty for his next three basic attacks during the ability's duration.

Additional Basic Attack Damage (Vulnerable): 65/100/135/170/205 (+75% of your physical power)
Additional Basic Attack Damage (Surprise): 70/110/150/190/230 (+100% of your physical power)
Fear Duration: .5/.6/.7/.8/.9s
Ability Duration: 10s
Cost: 65/75/85/95/100
Cooldown: 20s
3rd Ability:

Escape/Charge

Escape (Normal Dexter):

Dexter charges forward at a high speed, damaging all enemies in his path. (Dash is like Apollo's). During the dash, Dexter leaves a trail behind him that lasts for 4 seconds, slowing enemies standing in it.

Charge (Serial Killer):

Dexter points his knife forward and charges at a high speed, knocking back all enemies in his path, although not damaging them. (Dash is like Apollo's). At the end of the dash, Dexter uses his knife to slash at all enemies in a 30 foot circle around him damaging them.

Damage (Escape): 40/80/120/160/200 (+35% of your physical power)
Knife Damage (Charge): 100/130/160/190/220 (+50% of your physical power)
Slow: 20/25/30/35/40%
Cost: 65/70/75/80/85
Cooldown: 14s
Ultimate Abiltity:

Righteous Murder

Upon activation, Dexter dashes forward, stabbiing the first enemy hit, dealing true damage.

If this kills his target, he will immediately transform into his Serial Killer stance, refreshing all his cooldowns (aside from his ult) and gains physical penetration, physical power, and attack speed for a short duration after the initial attack.
Dexter is immune to CC for the entire duration.

(Note on this skill: It has no CC at all, it's simply a dash with his knife held out in front of him. He doesn't grab the enemy or anything).

True Damage: 220/280/320/380/430 (+65% of your physical power)
Physical Penetration: 18/23/28/33/38%
Physical Power: 35
Attack Speed: 30%
Duration: 5s
Cost: 110
Cooldown: 90

My thoughts on Dexter Morgan:

my thoughts

Any constructive feedback is appreciated.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 14, 2014 12:19pm | Report
I love the passive. But the range (70 feet is the width of Isis' ult, you'll basically always be in the serial killer stance. You might want to work on that.

Restrain/Tranquilize: I like it. But TBH, it feels a lot like a support's ability - but is IS Smite, where every assassin has the CC of a support, so it's fine.

Vulnerable/Surprise is a pretty interesting mechanic, and damn, the potential to screw with your enemy has my inner troll giggling. But personally, I think his surprise bank skill should deal more damage than his ambush/knockout skill, just by lore alone.

His escape is...okay, I guess. Rather bland. I suggest giving some kind of incentive to move away with his Escape, and an incentive to move toward an enemy with his Charge.

His ult is nice, but I think it can incorporate the "serial killer" concept a bit better. Like, it should have some kind of execute mechanic, like bonus damage equal to their missing health or trie damage or some kind of bonus effect (like extra move speed or refreshed cool downs) if you get a kill with it.

Overall: He seems like an interesting jungler.

Uh, but do you mind detailing how his kit comes together for me? Like, his Vulnerable/Srprise makes me think of a duelist, so I need help stitching the pieces together. Like, how will he gank, his role in teamfights, etc.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » July 14, 2014 12:52pm | Report
@Sub

Updated the thread.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 18, 2014 9:34am | Report
Passive: Hmm, I still think 190 feet is a bit too big, but I guess it works.

The damage redistribution is nice.

Charge, I think, deals way too much base damage considering how every other facet of his kit deals at least decent damage. I’d reduce the base damage significantly, but the scalings are alright - in fact, I wouldn’t mind if it were increased to 100%.

His ult, I noticed, does have one problem: if he kills his target, who is his new one? But other than that, this skill maybe have a tiny bloating problem (I mean, it’s literally a perfect steroid on top of a true damage nuke; I think you can shave off parts of the steroid). You may also want to state the dash range.

Overall, your changes are very nice. I think this is a very strong contender in the contest.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » July 26, 2014 2:53am | Report
Thanks for your review, Sub. I made a few more changes based on your post and Jordenito's PM.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » August 11, 2014 11:49am | Report
Updated. Also, if you didn't notice, there is something I added to his passive on my last update that keeps him from spamming CC.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » August 11, 2014 2:27pm | Report
I think you're going about this the wrong way. I think you should reduce the base damage, but increase contributions, making him have a bigger incentive to build power.

Here are my suggestions:

Additional Basic Attack Damage (Vulnerable): 65/100/135/170/205 (+75% of your physical power)
Additional Basic Attack Damage (Surprise): 70/110/150/190/230 (+100% of your physical power)

Damage (Escape): 40/80/120/160/200 (+35% of your physical power)
Damage (Charge): 30/55/80/105/130 (+50% of your physical power)
Knife Damage (Charge): 30/55/80/105/130 (+50% of your physical power)
Slow: 20/25/30/35/40%

Also, judging by his kit, it looks like his dash would be his main clearing skill considering the massive base damage. It looks like you want his 1 to be the main clear skill. In that case I suggest putting in the splash damage radius (I suggest 15 feet) and making its level 1 base damage pretty high.

Other than the damage distribution, this should be good to go. Of course, any changes are up to you.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Firraria » August 11, 2014 3:50pm | Report
I'll use your suggestions, although I'll tweak what you did with Escape/Charge. The way I envision it, when using Charge, you can't hit the enemy with both the actual dash and the knife slice, you can only hit them with one. It's really just made for chasing, and so I think the low damage for Charge that you're suggesting would only make sense if it were possible to hit the enemy twice.

Firraria
<Skullcracker>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (58)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }