Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[SubJuly] Dusclops the beckon pokemon

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [SubJuly] Dusclops the beckon pokemon 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 26, 2014 3:38am | Report

lore
dusclops the beckon pokemon, also known as the stall wall ever since a perticular trainer found interest in this pokemon. dusclops body is completely hollow and said to be able to absorb anything into its body but it can never come out... dusclops was found by the old pokemon world champion of the universe, when this trainer found dusclops the dusclops wanted to absorb him but the trainer made a deal with dusclops. the trainer would make this dusclops the strongest of all capable of taking anything, the dusclops agreed and let him self be captured thinking that when his training was completed he could absorb the trainer with great ease but what he didn't realise is that the trainer, ever so whise used a master ball to contain him. this made the dusclops unable to absorb the trainer and was forced to aid him in battle's.

the trainer kept his word how ever and made the dusclops the most feared creature he had. the dusclops was given every ability to make his enemies demise as slow and painfull as possible and over time even grew a bit of respect for the trainer since he did let dusclops absorb a large amount of things he wanted to absorb.
class
magical
melee bruiser. his basic attacks looks like the move shadow punch
base stats

HP: 287 (+45 per level)
MP: 240 (+36 per level)
pysical defence: 55 (+5 per level)
magical defence: 55 (+6 per level)
hp5: 10 (.5 per level)
mp5: 4 (.5 per level)
attack speed: 0.90 (+0.01 per level)
exeplanation for stats

Abilities

pressure
dusclops presence on the battle field pressures his opponents.
if dusclops gets hit by an ability, the enemy who used the ability's mana is drained for half the cost of the ability cast (meaning it costs the normal amount but if it hits dusclops they get drained for .5 of what the ability cost), if the ability applies a DoT it will drain 3 mana per tick. if dusclops gets hit by enemy basics attacks the enemies mana will get drained by 10 mana per hit and dusclops will get 10 mana back.

explanation

will o wisp
dusclops shoots out a ghostly white-blueish flame in a straight line setting any enemies hit ablaze.

this abilty does
2.5%/3%/4.3%/5.5%/6.6% true damage of a targets maximum HP
it also applies a pysical damage debuff on anytarget hit by it, reducing it by:
15%/20%/25%/30%/35%

cooldown:15 seconds
costs: 70/75/80/85/90

explaination

pain split
dusclops shares the endless agony with his enemy by letting them in on his pain while relieving it from himself.

dusclops fires out a projectile at high speed hitting the first thing it comes into contact with, if this is a minion or a by gods spawned creature this enemy will heal dusclops for:

15/30/60/100/200 HP and doing the same to what it hit as magical damage.

if the projectile hits an enemy god however dusclops and the enemies hp get evened out in percentages, this means that dusclops can at most do 49% of an enemies HP and heal for 49% at most. *critical note! this ability can back fire causing dusclops to deal nothing to the enemy but slow him for 20% for 3 seconds
cooldown: 25/22/19/17/15 seconds
costs: 90
length: 60 feet
wideth: 8 feet
projectile speed: same as squall

explanation

Infestation
Dusclops infests an area that after a small delay explodes with bugs in an AoE infesting enemy minions, creatures or gods. dealing dealing direct damage and a percentage of the enemies hit total HP as Magical damage. this ability slows and cripples anyone who walks under it or gets infested. this abilities DoT lasts for 5 seconds and the slow lasts for 3 seconds and the cripple for 2 seconds.
damage type: magical
damage: 30/50/70/90/120 +20% of Dusclops magical power
percentage of enemies total HP per tick every second: 5%/7%/9%/11%/13% of their max HP
slow of standing on the infestation AoE: 20%
slow of being infested: 20%/23%/25%/27%/30%
delay for explosion: 1.5 seconds (same as the delay as placing a tornado for Ao kuang)
cooldown: 15/14/12/11/10 seconds
costs: 70/80/85/90/95 mana
radius of the AoE: 20 feet (same size as Grasping Hands)
top range Dusclops can place infestation: 40 feet (tornadoes and [[grasping hands have a top placement range of 55 feet as comparison)

explanation

Ulitimate

Confuse Ray
Dusclops sends out a shockwave out of his eye putting incredible mental pressure on any enemies hit by it causing them to get confused for 2.5 seconds. during this period of time all button commands on similar imput are randomly swapped ( w,a,s,d willget randomly swapped with w,a,s,d and mouse 1 and 2 with mouse 1 and 2. while the ability buttons 1,2,3,4 will all be moved one to the left of their original location which means 1,2,3,4 will 2,3,4,1, they only swap with them selves in this exact way in every situation.)

in their confusion using an ability or a basic attack can cause them to hit them selves in confusion.
for abilities there is a 50% chance that this will happen. when this happens the ability will not go off and will be put on cooldown up to 8 seconds (if Water Cannon wiffs it will be at a 3 second cooldown but if spirit's tempest wiffs it will be on an 8 second cool down)

the user of the ability will also get hit by half the 2/3 of their total magical power in magical damage or will be hit by 100% of there pysical power in pysical damage depending on what the users class is (being a pysical or magical god).

basic attacks have a 15% chance to wiff and if it happens the user will get hit for 10%/15%/20%/25%/30% of what the basic attack would have done in magical damage if the user is a pysical god.

if the user is a magical god they will be damaged for 25%/30%/40%/45%/50% of what there basic attack would have done in magical damage.

radius: 45 foot
cooldown: 90 seconds
costs: 100/120/130/140/150 mana

explaination
never forget dawngate and never forgive EA. Freia will hunt them for eternity.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 26, 2014 3:48am | Report
i tried to make Dusclops how i make him in the actual Pokemon games for competitive play. balencing pokemon to smite was harder then i expected but i think i did a pretty decent job on it either way.

dusclops is a pokemon with really low base HP in the normal games and you pretty much have to infest all the possible EV's in HP you can get into that stat so i wanted to balence that over to smite by giving him turbo level tankyness with that low HP so you need to by as much HP as possible over actuall protections to get effective tankyness.

feed back would be nice. i worked a lot on this since i didn't have much time when i came back from italy to finish it up but i think i did it.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SoapSuds » July 26, 2014 4:15am | Report
This idea is pretty cool.

I really like how you incorporated the Pokemon setup this well into Smite (Smite gods having a passive and 4 active abilities, Pokemon having an ability that ends up being a passive and 4 active abilities). I also enjoy that you used pre-existing skills for Dusclops in the actual Pokemon games, but balanced/changed them up to fit with Smite.

The stat balance is nice, putting a bit more focus on his defenses like in the games.

I really enjoy the idea behind the ult. We saw a new form of CC with Serqet, but this idea is completely new and definitely very interesting. While I can kind of picture a lot of people just refusing to move while under the effects of this, it will at least leave them vulnerable in this state.

All-in-all, I do enjoy the concept of this idea. I like that you base each ability around pre-existing abilities for this particular character, and gave your own spin on it to fit Smite, and I really like the concept of his ult. The rest of his abilities are great as well, such as Pain Split which actually does invoke a penalty on him if not used right.
Comic Series Currently Reading:
  • Wonder Woman Vol 2
  • Green Lantern Vol 2
  • Infinity Gauntlet

SoapSuds

Prominent (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 26, 2014 6:15am | Report
Passive: So AFTER they cast it it costs them more mana...
Maybe rephrase and say something like, "Their mana is drained for half the cost of the ability cast"
Because atm it says it costs them X mana AND then it drains 1.5x of the mana you JUST SPENT making the cost insanely high.

And then the only other thing I have to say is that the ulti confusion thing makes me sick. You try to cast 1 and it ends up casting your ulti, you try to run away and you run towards enemies, you try to attack but you just left click.

Then to top that when I try to throw my 1 and it ends up being my ulti, I get killed and that's the end.
But then you are damaged as a mage based on your attack damage????
50% of a typical mage is around 60 random magical damage you will be taking.

Idk that ulti just feels too clunky, it has multiple effects but some of these effects are very OP and some have no use at all..?
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by All4Games » July 26, 2014 8:22am | Report
@fatality

you're right il rephrase it because i did it a little clucky and it wasnt how i wanted to pharase it.

the ult i some what miss wrote since how i have it right now would give a direct advantage to none instant cast users and when i came up with the ability i spesificly tried to avoid that, i sort of rushed the description of it causing the mistake of 1,2,3,4 also being completely random while i wanted to make it a set change.

the ult has 2 effects. the cc of randomizing your movement buttons and 2 mouse buttons while giving you something to think about before activating your abilities that if you learn how they get swapped(that now being a set swap) and debating to take a risk of using them.

keep in mind that the ult only lasts fo 2.5 seconds and is affected by cc reduction. the ult is ment to further the existing chaos on the battle field and is ment to scale into late game.

the damage is not based on dusclops but on the person who used the wiffed ability. this means that if Ao wiffs a squall and h*** 990 magical power it will be put on cooldown and Ao will get hit for 660 magical damage (meaning it still has to go through Ao's own defences as well.

i hoped that cleared your confusion(nopuntended) up and il get to clear up some of the mistakes in the discriptions.

All4Games

Distinguished (54)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 26, 2014 9:27am | Report
Makes more sense now, Good luck in contest! :D
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 26, 2014 11:41am | Report
Holy **** that defense. And lack of health.

Pressure, honestly, sounds a bit overpowered against certain gods like Ao Kaung (who barely has enough mana to cast 6 tornadoes at level 1). Here's a better idea: It doubles the mana cost of anything that hits you, but can only apply on the same god once every 5 seconds. This prevents them from having their mana drained with a DoT like AMC's Honey.

WoW needs to be less worthless early game. Like, it's just way too weak. It should, IMO, get flat health percent damage - like, it scales with time already, no need to make it like a hyper carry's percent health damage. I think a flat 12.5% would be fine, and rather fitting. 12.5% isn't overpowered, but it isn't negligible either, at any point in the game.

Pain Split's scaling is FUBAR, you need to make it more consistent. It shouldn't jump from 15 to 30 to 60. More like 60/90/120/150/180 or something. We've already talked about the effect, but I think a better idea for his backfire is a silence. Seems more punishing than a slow.

As for Infestation: I think you went a little overboard with making "super hard to play" champs. There's no need for that. Anyway, if I'm reading this correctly, the slow and cripple are fine, but apparently it deals 5 ticks over 5 seconds. And apparently, it deals 65% of the target's max health as damage at max rank. This is kinda overpowered. People would just max out pen because HOLY **** THAT IS A TON OF BASE DAMAGE. (We're talking about 1300 + 120 + 20% damage (out of a carry's 2k health), there's literally no need for anything other than pen.)

I'd remove the delay and definitely weaken the health damage. Perhaps to a flat 5% (or 5/5.5/6/6.5/7% per tick), but the total damage should not exceed 35% of the target's health.

For Confuse Ray, I actually like the final version, but a good idea would be adding a scaling max CD effect. Instead of 8 seconds, have it be 6/7/8/9/10 seconds, unaffected by CDR or something. Maybe reduce the duration.

Also, the AoE is huge. I suggest making the AoE shorter, or make it an actual ray (line).

Overall, I'm going to assume he's a support, cause it looks like he can't do anything else. That said, he does have a lot of interesting strats, like standing in abilities to drain mana and healing it off with Pain Split. His peel is...okay, but he sounds like an interesting support.

That said, there are still things that need working out.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }