Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[SubJuly] Dante, the Demon Hunter

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » God & Item Ideas » [SubJuly] Dante, the Demon Hunter 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 21, 2014 6:50am | Report
Introduction
Dante will be a high mobility, hyperscaling hunter based off of a gunslinger archetype. He will be weaker early game compared to the rest of the hunters due to his riskier waveclear, but will make up for it with a very high damage late game.

Base Stats
HP: 415 (+70 per level)
Mana: 230 (+30 per level)
Speed: (380)
Attack Speed: 0.95 (+0.014 per level)
M Protection: 26 (+1.3 per level)
P Protection: 10 (+3.2 per level)
HP5: 9 (+0.39 per level)
MP5: 4 (+0.4 per level)
Physical Power: 39 + 2.4/Lvl (+100% of Physical Power)

Things to note

Abilities
P: Gunslinger:
Each successful basic attack after using an ability will give Dante a stack. Upon reaching 3 stacks, Dante will gain a movespeed buff and lose the attacking movespeed penalty for 3 seconds.
Movespeed Buff: +10% movespeed
Time to use stack: 2s

Clarity: Additional procs of the passive while it is still up will only refresh the duration, not increase the movespeed buff. If another ability is used while the current gunslinger stack hasn't procced, then the time to use the stack is refreshed, but you do not gain another stack.

Thoughts Behind the Ability

1: Keeping it with Style:
Dante can cast this ability 3 times before going on cooldown.
First and second cast: Dante dashes in the direction he is currently facing, dealing 30/50/70/90/110 (+40% of Physical Power) in a small AoE around him.
Third cast: Dante shoots forward, dealing 30/50/70/90/110 (+40% of Physical Power) damage to all enemies in a line in front of him and knocking Dante backwards.

First and second cast radius: 30 feet
First and second cast dash distance: Slightly less than that of Warrior's Will
Third cast damage distance: 30 feet
Third cast knockback distance: Warrior's Will distance
Minimum cooldown between casts (cannot be used until after this cooldown is done): 0.5 seconds
Maximum cooldown after casts (Ability to use extra casts ends after this cooldown: 5 seconds
Cooldown after all casts: 12s

Clarity: Dante will always attack in the direction he is facing. He will automatically attack towards that direction without extra selection needed.

2: Twin Shot:
Dante will have max attack speed for the next two basic attacks within 2 seconds. The second shot deals 60/70/80/90/100% of Dante's physical power. Both basic attacks will contribute towards Gunslinger stacks.
Cooldown: 9/8/7/6/5

Clarity: Second shot applies all on hit effects.

3: Multi Lock:
Dante shoots 3 plasma orbs that hover over an area. They will then auto-lock onto enemies in the area, launching themselves towards enemies and dealing dealing 40/70/100/130/160 (+60% of Physical Power). Each orb shreds opponent's physical protection by 25% and slow them by 20%, each effect refreshing but not stacking if all orbs hit one enemy. Multiple orbs hitting one enemy will deal 50% less damage per orb. Orbs will attempt to distribute themselves evenly among the enemies within the area, prioritising enemy gods. Orbs reveal the area where cast.
Cooldown: 14s
Orb lifetime (after arming): 5s
Orb arm time: 0.5s
Orb detection radius: 25 feet
Slow and debuff duration: 3s

Clarity: Orbs do not simultaneously target move to an enemy, but in succession. However, they will select a target at the same time. Does not interrupt Dante's movement when cast (can be cast on the run). Along with stacking, multiple orbs will refresh the duration.

U: Devil Trigger:
Dante activates the Devil Trigger. For 5/6/7/8/9 seconds, Dante gains 20/30/40/50/60 bonus physical power. Additionally, the amount of stacks to trigger the gunslinger passive is reduced to 1, and Dante is stealthed for the duration of the Keeping it with Style dashes.
Cooldown: 90s
Cast animation: 0.2s

Clarity: Dante is only stealth when he is dashing and is revealed as soon as he lands. The cast animation can be cancelled by ability use.

/endgodidea

NOTE: Unfortunately, I will not be able to view any of the feedback that is given for this god idea for the duration of the contest. Please do give your thoughts on it though, and I will view it when I get back.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 21, 2014 8:19am | Report
I actually really like this...

The passive is nice, good mobility

The dash seems like nemesis dash BUT it has a third and I'm pretty sure it does more damage.

I can't point out every little thing from my phone, but it seems fine.
why does wukong look so much different now?

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Aphnex » July 21, 2014 9:52am | Report
Ooo, Dante. Me like .D.

Aphnex

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by shakz180 » July 21, 2014 1:06pm | Report
My personal favorite among all contestants. I feel like Buddha's gonna steal the whole competition. haha gj!

shakz180

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 24, 2014 8:51am | Report
This idea is pretty awesome, not gonna lie.

Passive is quite interesting, fits the concept well, but you forgot to put down the time limitation for building stacks. How long do you have to build stacks after casting an ability?

His One is a interesting Riven Leap which is pretty awesome since it's a significant damage skill in melee range. Which would be suicide on any ADC except for the one who moves really, really fast. My only problem is the possibility for it being impossible to catch him late game. Might need a higher cooldown or something.

His two is classy as hell. Very interesting, very cool, and it also sounds very balanced. Certainly unique.

His three is my biggest concern. I am perfectly fine with most of it except one part: The stacking debuffs. I feel that 60$ of protections shred is way too strong, even with a delay, as casting it at the right moment will essentially neuter tanks. I would prefer either a flat protections reduction, or a non stacking debuff (obviously strengthen values). But the core of this idea is still really cool.

His ultimate is just...the Matrix with less slo-mo and more ***kicking. I think you can afford to give it something more...I dunno what.

Overall, an excellent idea, and certainly a strong contender for first place. I'm a bit jealous, actually.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 24, 2014 11:38am | Report
I'd actually feel honoured somewhat to lose to an idea like this, I think the fact that all these abilities are described so nicely allow my imagination to have some fun with all the possibilities for amazing looking effects.

I'd buy this 'god'

Very gj.

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by HiFromBuddha » July 31, 2014 3:42am | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

This idea is pretty awesome, not gonna lie.

Passive is quite interesting, fits the concept well, but you forgot to put down the time limitation for building stacks. How long do you have to build stacks after casting an ability?

His One is a interesting Riven Leap which is pretty awesome since it's a significant damage skill in melee range. Which would be suicide on any ADC except for the one who moves really, really fast. My only problem is the possibility for it being impossible to catch him late game. Might need a higher cooldown or something.

His two is classy as hell. Very interesting, very cool, and it also sounds very balanced. Certainly unique.

His three is my biggest concern. I am perfectly fine with most of it except one part: The stacking debuffs. I feel that 60$ of protections shred is way too strong, even with a delay, as casting it at the right moment will essentially neuter tanks. I would prefer either a flat protections reduction, or a non stacking debuff (obviously strengthen values). But the core of this idea is still really cool.

His ultimate is just...the Matrix with less slo-mo and more ***kicking. I think you can afford to give it something more...I dunno what.

Overall, an excellent idea, and certainly a strong contender for first place. I'm a bit jealous, actually.

Heh, too late to make modifications, but I'll do some clarity now just for the sake of completeness.

Time to proc the stack is 3 seconds. The idea is to weave basic attacks in and out of abilities, not have it prepped for the next engagement.

The cooldown might be bit too short, but the idea is to make him hella mobile. Like, incredibly mobile. He is very squishy though, more so than other hunters, so you need to take that into account.

Note that the third ability does stack with diminishing returns. It's not a flat 60%, it's 20%, then 20%, then 20% (so it's more around 50%), and the chances of hitting one target with all three orbs is very unlikely unless it's a 1v1 skirmish. It will always evenly distribute the orbs the best it can among the targets within the area. I opted for percentage to avoid early game abuse cases. Even if it were a flat 10 armour shred, that'd be too strong early and feel really **** late game. I also opted for the shred not to scale because then people would feel obliged to max this first for early abuse cases, which is not a healthy pattern to go about things. I probably would've altered it if I had time to though.

I was considering more to the ultimate, but I honestly feel like what it does give is already pretty insane. A lot of the things that were originally in the ulti were implemented into his kit in a much more interesting way, like Twin Shot.
The top rated He Bo guide on SmiteFire!
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Punchline
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
    The World God Only Knows

HiFromBuddha
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (115)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Godd » July 31, 2014 8:43am | Report
Well made God Creation...
But it can't exist...
1. It isn't a god/immortal.
2. IT IS A FICTIONAL VIDEO-GAME CHARACTER!
Favorite Gods : Loki , Thanatos , Xbalanque

Godd

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by shakz180 » July 31, 2014 10:38am | Report
Godd wrote:

But it can't exist...

There's a "god" making competition that just ended. . and the theme is to use any fictional character and make a kit for them.

Check the "Preparation For Sub's Create-A-God Contest Thingy!" thread

shakz180

Remarkable (5)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FaTaLiTyFiReFly » July 31, 2014 11:12am | Report
Godd wrote:

But it can't exist...

3. You do know nothing in these forums will/have get added EVER... So it doesn't really matter.

#WetSockAlert ...

FaTaLiTyFiReFly

Prominent (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }