Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Theory-Crafting - Hunter Builds Post 7.7 (Mid-Season) Patch

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Theory-Crafting - Hunter Builds Post 7.7 (Mid-Season) Patch 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 26, 2020 3:17pm | Report
With the upcoming 7.7 Mid-Season patch coming July 14th, it's time for some theory-crafting. While some other physical classes will be affected by the significant change to penetration items, Hunters are likely to see the largest shift in build style.

To summarize these changes:

Patch 7.7 Changes to Common Hunter Items

Now, we can consider how typical hunter builds might change. Giving some general examples and discussion; don't know if these are all reflective of current meta builds. Items not necessarily in order.

Standard Qin's Build

Standard Qin's Build

Standard Ability Build

Standard Ability Build

Standard Crit Build (Rage Rush)

Wind Demon

Standard Crit Build (Rage Rush)

Standard Crit Build (Shurikens)

Wind Demon

Standard Crit Build (Shurikens)

Finally, I think I have a new ability/crit hybrid build to propose.

New Ability / Crit Hybrid Build

New Ability / Crit Hybrid Build

Anyway, those are my initial thoughts. I didn't delve into DPS numbers or anything, this is pure off-the-cuff theory-crafting, but am curious to hear everyone's thoughts.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 26, 2020 3:41pm | Report
ShadowSteel Shuriken wont ever be picked up first (if at all). It has mediocre stats with no dps or utility on the passive.

I think the new Devos crit build could be something like: Devos > Ninja > Atalantas > Rage > Wind Demon > Executioner > with boots being sold for Poisoned. Or maybe Devos Ninja Executioner Rage Wind Demon Poisoned > Atalantas.

On base stat consideration for Ata vs Exe it's: 30 power vs 35 power, 30 % attack speed vs 25%, 20 % instant pen vs slower 21% shred

Also I don't think you've considered the new berserkers shield on hunters which might be picked up.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 26, 2020 5:55pm | Report
Yeah, probably right on Shadow.

Ata is an interesting idea for mid-game...the price is right.

And you're right, I didn't consider Berserker's. But when revisiting the item, I still don't think I would normally purchase. Guess it could go interestingly with Asi.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 26, 2020 5:59pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

And you're right, I didn't consider Berserker's. But when revisiting the item, I still don't think I would normally purchase. Guess it could go interestingly with Asi.

Not, Asi, but Devos.

E.g. Devos > Ninja > Berserkers > Atalantas > Rage > Deathbringer.

Also maybe you don't need Wind Demon anymore.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 26, 2020 9:14pm | Report
That's an interesting combo, and yay, tankier hunters. I was saying Asi because of the potential synergy below X% health.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 27, 2020 1:56am | Report
So some of my thoughts:
first of all, I think soul eater will stay with regards to adcs not considering it. The power reduction kinda hits it (and mana slightly). even though it gains % pen and a cost reduction. I do like your hybrid build example though (maybe would drop soul and add in a bloodforge and TB)

I also think Atalanta's and exe can be changed depending on playstyle and team comp in the game. I do however favor Atalanta's myself. Mostly because of the attack speed. and well the standard crit build being the stars build will regain the lost attack speed from poison.

Honestly, I don't think the crit build is going to change much apart from losing some pen and gaining some AS. or maybe is going to include Deathbringer again to keep the crit chance up. Or go for the LoL treatment of trying to get 100% crit utilizing 4 crit items for the permanent damage increase.
So we will get
Ninja Tabi/ Warrior Tabi
Devourer's Gauntlet
Rage (pretty much a crit core item)
Atalanta's Bow/ The Executioner
wind demon (for more pen making this one the most important)
Deathbringer/poison star (I also think fitting in Fail-Not somewhere can become an option)
swapping boots either for Atalanta's Bow/ The Executioner or more crit for the 100% crit goal. Bloodforge or Asi also staying options.

For our qin's build, I think if it's not dead we will see your proposed changes, but I think trans will fall a bit more out of favor with the lack of pen you're going to need the extra lifesteal for survivability, I think, or if Atalanta's-silverbranch becomes a thing maybe Ichiaval is going to see more use instead of it. Or berserker for survivability.

I am also curious towards berserker but if that happens I do fear tank meta has arrived and then most assassins are not gonna have fun.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UPLAR » June 27, 2020 2:46am | Report
Do you think Atalanta's Bow replaces The Executioner or we get both?

UPLAR
<Marksman>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 27, 2020 3:38am | Report
It’s a bit early to say but IMO I think that Atalanta’s will be picked up in that 3rd/4th slot and Exe will be picked up 6th / 7th item (if at all).

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 27, 2020 4:49am | Report
I agree with Kriega. But thinking tanks were already slightly a problem both seems more likely.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UPLAR » June 27, 2020 12:39pm | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

It’s a bit early to say but IMO I think that Atalanta’s will be picked up in that 3rd/4th slot and Exe will be picked up 6th / 7th item (if at all).

Yeah for pen buld I'm thinking,

Ninja Tabi // Devourer's Gauntlet // Atalanta's Bow // Qin's Sais // The Executioner // Odysseus' Bow then boots replacement is like Bloodforge for power or even Silverbranch Bow for steroid gods

UPLAR
<Marksman>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (9)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }