Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Players who have gods at rank x generally bad?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Players who have gods at rank x generally bad? 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » August 26, 2017 7:39pm | Report
Is it just me or do most players who have gods at rank x bad? For example, most diamond hunters I see always build Ninja Tabi, oddyseus' bow, Bloodforge, and Deathbringer as their first four items. I've recently bumped into a Nu Wa with 5 stars. She built attack speed ffs and wasn't trolling.

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » August 26, 2017 8:12pm | Report
It depends on the player. I have about 13 gods at rank 10, but I try to tailor what I build to the situation and I'm always willing to change my build if I see something better.

For hunters it depends on if the hunter in question is a basic attack hunter or an ability based one. For the former, I'll grab Ninja Tabi and either Ichaival or Silverbranch Bow depending upon the opposing team's makeup. For ability based, it's Transcendence and then Warrior Tabi. I only build crit items on hunters with crit abilities (e.g. Artemis and Jing Wei) and Qin's Sais on everybody else provided there's at least one tank on the enemy team. It all depends on the god, my team's comp, and the enemy team's comp.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » August 27, 2017 3:17am | Report
I wouldn't necessarily call them bad players, I'd say it's just a bad experience they've had.

When it comes to SMITE, people look for gods that they like to play, and a build that works with said god. In the very early stages of the game, almost anything goes, even attack speed Nu Wa's. When said players find this one holy grail of a build that works and keeps working for some time, they just keep rolling with it. Because of this, you'll often times find some players with MR10 gods build something... relatively dumb.

Now, that's not to say that a MR10 is supposed to be good either. I've said it a billion times in the past and I'll keep saying it: MR dictates nothing. The only thing you can get out of MR is how much time a player has approximately spent playing that god.
Therefore, if a player only plays Nu Wa, even through all the double and triple worshiper weekends, they can easily bump their Nu Wa's MR without actually improving in the game as a player any whatsoever.

As for Nu Wa's attack speed build, it's something I wouldn't do but it isn't something unusual either, if you think about it. Combined with Polynomicon and her passive, that might just work.

Hunters building Odysseus' Bow second is something I can't wrap my head around either. Even Artemis doesn't need it that early and her clear is relatively garbage compared to other hunters. Bloodforge third and Deathbringer fourth is something I can see work if you got fed. If not, then we're again looking at the typical case of the player being used to buying those items that early and don't want / can't change it because of habits.

And on a sidenote: It's not because someone is MR whatever, that they have to be good.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » August 27, 2017 5:25am | Report
Sorry for the rant, just pissed because after the Nu Wa fed she left

@GulfWulf Oh wow, that's a lot of rank X gods you have. Quite true, yes it does depend on the situation.

@ZeroStrike All very true. Thanks for the insight, much appreciate

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » August 27, 2017 5:49am | Report
In your case, it's best to just block those players, report em, and forget about em.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 27, 2017 7:04am | Report
I have Athena rank 10 but havent played her in like 2 years. So I would suck **** at it if I had to play her haha
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lopix69 » August 27, 2017 7:15am | Report
Same with Ymir lol

Lopix69

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » August 27, 2017 8:59am | Report
Tlaloc1050 wrote:
@GulfWulf Oh wow, that's a lot of rank X gods you have. Quite true, yes it does depend on the situation.

That's not to say I'm any good at any of them. ;) My wife is a disabled vet and I'm her caretaker, so I have a lot of time on my hands to play video games. I've been playing Smite since last November or so and have 1.3k hours in it. As for the original rant, I just found out yesterday that Skadi is an ability based hunter and not a basic attack one like I thought for a long time. After I found that out, I changed my build* and did over 48k damage in a clash match where before I was doing ~ half that. I blame age: I'll be 43 this year...

*Instead of building AS, I went with power, some life steal, penetration, and CDR. The other team may have outkilled us, but I had the highest player damage of anybody on both teams as well as the highest structure damage. I had an arena game before I realized my mistake where I was middling at best. So yeah, MR doesn't mean anything aside from how much time a player has invested into a character. I've seen low MRs who have run all over those with high MRs. I've played with a Cupid who had all of the stars around his rank but his play was far less than stellar...I think he lead our team with the most deaths if I remember correctly.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Bernardozomer » August 27, 2017 9:54am | Report
Whenever I have a Neith rank X with infinite stars I know I'm going to lose.

List of common terrible rank x players I can remember now:
- Neith
- Artemis
- Ymir
- Thanatos
- Kukulkan
#9e2aff #a12bfd #af29e8 #bd29d0 #c828be #d728a8 #d728b0 #e02899 #ee2891 #f02887 #d72875 #d72860
#8a42ff #9c30f6 #ab21ec #b329e4 #b829d9 #ca29c7 #d429bd #de299f #ee2887 #e62873 #e03163 #e53d44
#7b54ff #8d39f6 #a311f4 #a22afb #ae29ed #b63dc7 #a247c7 #ca3d9f #ee3175 #e6325f #e94348 #f14f2c
#676cff #793fff #910aff #871ef5 #7f2ee4 #7542da #665bc7 #8e519f #c04777 #f0464b #f2552d #fc6410
#5384ff #6545ed #7b00e0 #6b1ada #5738d0 #4356d0 #2d74cc #5c65b3 #985b77 #dc5037 #e94c1b #de4606
#3598fe #4750da #5d00a8 #4423b2 #2b46bc #1762c4 #008fcc #377b9f #636b7b #9a574e #d73a12 #c12300

Bernardozomer
<Meat Shield>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » August 27, 2017 10:02am | Report
What Zero said. Everything always depends on the individual... Someone super into the game and does their research to improve, learn mechanics and builds etc. is going to be way different than the player that just plays games and cares way more about just stomping the enemy and getting kills.

People have their playstyles too. Zilby almost never plays the same God twice. I'm almost the same... I've got only 2 gods to mastery X (Freya and Bacchus) with 800 hours of gametime (PC).

I do feel I'm generally quite solid with those gods... More so than most other gods, in this case.

@Gulf, holy **** that's a lot of time in less than a year... And also... Wow... I'm not the oldest! (I'll be 40 next March)

@Marki, you're full of it. You'd be fine, lol.

@Tlaloc, I think I see those hunter builds on Ps4 way more than PC, but I DO see them on PC as well.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }