Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Players who have gods at rank x generally bad?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Players who have gods at rank x generally bad? 23 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Technotoad64 » August 27, 2017 11:33am | Report

Whenever I have a Neith rank X with infinite stars I know I'm going to lose.

List of common terrible rank x players I can remember now:
- Neith
- Artemis
- Ymir
- Thanatos
- Kukulkan

Especially if she has the Harajuku or doctor skin. Also, I would add Nox, Ne Zha, and Thor to that list.
#ffe699 #ffff99 #e6ff99 #ccff99 #afff99 #99ff99 #99ffb3 #99ffcc #99fff3 #99f3ff #99e6ff #99ccff
#ffcc33 #ffff33 #ccff33 #99ff33 #66ff33 #33ff33 #33ff66 #33ff99 #33ffcc #33ffff #33ccff #3399ff
#cc9900 #cccc00 #99cc00 #66cc00 #33cc00 #00cc00 #00cc33 #00cc66 #00cc99 #00cccc #0099cc #0066cc
#664d00 #666600 #4d6600 #336600 #1a6600 #006600 #00661a #006633 #00664d #006666 #004d66 #003366

Technotoad64
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 27, 2017 2:16pm | Report
So I don't know what the stars are as I haven't been keeping up with smite. However like some others said mastery lvl doesn't mean as lot. It never did really. It only showed how long someone was playing the god. And even that is gone now with the worshiper events.

IMO it only promotes more toxicity as some people will attack you about i, even if you just have a bad game. The only thing it is useful for is keeping people out of ranked when they want to try a new god (or is the at least mastery 1 also gone now?).

I need to say that LoL kinda implemented it better for higher tiers even though they shouldn't have done it or like smite should make it possible to make it invisible during the loading of the match. Why did LoL implement it better? because after lvl 5 out of the current 7 (so lvl 6 and 7) you need to get champ tokens (and use a bit of the crafting system which makes getting the higher lvls is a bit worthless IMO). You will only get these tokens when you gain at least an S- rank during a game. Which is pretty hard as sometimes you feel you should get an S rank and you only get an A. So yeah having mastery lvl 6 or 7 says more in LoL it has the same problem as smites lvl 10.

The LoL rating system is based on stats which I have no idea how it's calculated apart from that they use data from the specific champ in that role/lane (which gets tracked by where the champion is etc.) gathered from most players.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » August 27, 2017 3:03pm | Report
@Devampi The stars are basically additional rank 10's. For each time you rank up a god 10 times after your initial rank X, you gain a star. So, at rank 20 you'll get 1 star, at rank 30 you'll get 2 stars, etc...

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » August 27, 2017 3:38pm | Report
@Bran: neither of us work (her because of her disabilities and me because she needs me here), so I have a LOT of time on my hands. Video gaming has also been my hobby since the late 70s, so that's why I tend to put in a lot of time in games I enjoy. I also play with another old fart regularly, so that helps bump up my play time as well. I also used to do bot matches with my friend and my wife, but she doesn't play much anymore. Still, those add up as well.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » August 27, 2017 4:31pm | Report
What systems did you have growing up? What did you play way back in the arcades that were your faves?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » August 28, 2017 12:02am | Report
I started out with an Atari 2600, then upgraded to an SX-64 (basically a "portable" Commodore 64). After that one stopped working, I got an 128. My first PC was a 486-DX2/66 and I bought an AMD 586 after that.

I didn't go to the arcades until I was out of the house. I used to go to a laser-tag place in my early 20s and played a shooting game there in-between matches. I forget the name, but it was one of those on-the-rail ones where you're moved through the map and stop at certain points to "shoot" enemies on the screen. I got to where I was good enough that the staff stopped putting me in with the families who came to goof around and started teaming me up (and against) with the more serious players.

My favorite Atari game was Asteroids: I believe I broke at least one joystick playing that game...on the Commodore, it was Windwalker. On the PC there are just too many to count. ;)

What about you, Bran?

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » August 28, 2017 4:56am | Report
xZeroStrike wrote:

@Devampi The stars are basically additional rank 10's. For each time you rank up a god 10 times after your initial rank X, you gain a star. So, at rank 20 you'll get 1 star, at rank 30 you'll get 2 stars, etc...

Ah okay something likes LoL showing the mastery score after lvl 5 in your profile

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » August 28, 2017 6:02am | Report
I would say that rank 10 ADCs can be the most misleading once. Just because they are most of the time not mechanically difficult to understand how to play. If you can hit your AAs and position correctly as one ADC you can do that with all of them.

But hitting AAs is ****ing hard some times lol
Especially if you have not practised in a while.
So the fact that you know Neiths kit for example, that wont help you much if you miss 50% of your AAs.

And that is why every idiot who can hit his **** can be a good ADC. :p
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » August 28, 2017 11:42am | Report
@Gulfwulf: I started with an Intellivision...those controllers were way ahead of their time, even if the actual feel left something to be desired.

My dad helped me gather a bunch of games on that system...and I still have it proudly displayed. Ones that stick out in my mind were Pitfall, Frog Bog (omg loved this game), Astrosmash, Burgertime, Bump N Jump, Lock N Chase, Major League Baseball, Masters of the Universe (yes, that's right, He-Man!), Night Stalker, Popeye, Sea Battle, Space Armada, Space Hawk, Sub Hunt, Tron Deadly Disks, Tron Maze-A-Tron, and some card game that had poker and a bunch of others on it. So many really good games on that.

Never officially had an Atari, though my Aunt had a 7800 which was awesome with Jungle Hunt or whatever it was called...

Went from there straight to an NES...dad played Zelda with me, and I had a ton of the classics...Ice Climber, Kung Fu, I even had the original Rob kit.

In the arcades (Chuck E Cheese back in the day), played a lot of Gauntlet, Rampage, Dig Dug, Q-Bert, etc. etc.

And from there, just been getting almost every system I could...SNES, N64, Playstation (chipped lol), Dreamcast (inherited), skipped the PS2 surprisingly, Gamecube, Wii, X-Box 360 (inherited),PS3, Wii U (X-mas gift), PS4 (and I have tons of handhelds too). Thinking about this now, I've wasted my entire life playing games. LOL.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » August 28, 2017 11:50am | Report
You've missed out on a lot of amazing stuff skipping the PS2.

The Rayman games from that time (Hoodlum Havoc, Revolutions, etc...), the Ratchet & Clanks and some other titles I can't remember from the top of my head, were all a heap load of fun. You definitely missed out on those.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }