Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Players who have gods at rank x generally bad?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Players who have gods at rank x generally bad? 23 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » August 28, 2017 12:03pm | Report
I've never been a fan of the Ratchet & Clank series...I ended up getting one of them on PS3, and it just didn't keep my attention. Maybe the PS2 ones were better at that period of time.

As for Rayman, didn't play those until I picked up Origins on...Vita? I think it was Vita. Anyway, I didn't know how good of a platformer it was, but that game was great. I also have Legends on Steam or Origin or whatever, but haven't played through it yet.

I had one of the original PS3s, so as that was backwards compatible with PS2 games, I picked up some old ones...FFXII, Rogue Galaxy, DQVIII, stuff like that. Never got through any of those though, lol.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (395)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Drexler » August 28, 2017 12:24pm | Report
I don't think it comes down to people being terrible with their given Mastery X Gods; I think it boils down to HiRez giving every player the opportunity and tools to get a Mastery X God easily. I believe this was mentioned somewhere in past posts, but the Worshiper Events, and constant Boosters is really lowering the expertise players have w/ a particular God (In comparison to Mastery Level).

I don't know how accurate this statement is, but I believe without Events or Boosters, 10 Wins or 10 hours of game-play equates to one Mastery on a God? Correct me if I'm wrong. Let's look back at the 3x Worshiper Event that took place a couple weekends ago. People in my games were using Worshiper Boosters on the Event...that's a 6x Worshiper Booster for one match. I believe I got 46 Worshipers on my 53 Minute Siege Game...that's absurd.

I don't know about any of you, but I was so proud of the first God I got to Mastery X. Like, it was a genuine accomplishment to me at the time. Now, having a God at Mastery X God is like a Participation Award at a Sporting Event.

Overall, I feel this is why you see, and play w/ bad Mastery X Player; because they probably have under 30 Hours logged w/ that God, giving them very little experience, or knowledge on how to effectively play, and build that given God.

Drexler

Remarkable (9)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » August 28, 2017 12:40pm | Report
Quoted:
10 Wins or 10 hours of game-play equates to one Mastery on a God?

Not true. This due to the fact that you get different amount of worshipers based on a couple of things.
First would be time. Most Conquest games don't last much longer than the occasional Clash or Assault, and the worshiper per time spent ratio is practically negligible. You also only get ~8 worshipers for a win, if it's a loss it's ~6, and Worshiper levels cost:
1: +50, 2: +105, 3: +105, 4: +105, 5: +105, 6: +105, 7: +105, 8: +105, 9: +105, 10: +110.

Also, [10 games = 10 hours] is inherently just no, unless all of your games last ~1 hour, in which case I feel bad for you.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }