Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Season 6 Guide Contest Winners

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » SMITEFire Season 6 Guide Contest Winners 113 posts - page 1 of 12
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » April 27, 2019 2:58pm | Report

It's finally time to announce the winners of the SMITEFire Season 6 Guide Contest! There were many guides for our judges to review, but we feel we have managed to select the best ones for each category. Mainly due to the fact that contestants can only win in one category, several categories also include honorable mentions, so make sure not to gloss over those. With that said, let's get to it!

Assassin Winners
The following winners will receive the Deadly Desire skin for Da Ji, 2,500 Gems, a Season 6 gold Assassin badge, and the "Executioner" forum title.

It should come as no surprise that Estidien has retained the Assassin title from last year, after extending this already outstanding Awilix guide with even more content for this year's contest. On top of describing her abilities, recommending items to use and providing a detailed description of Conquest gameplay, the guide now also features information on how to best play Awilix in all other game modes.

Honorable Mentions

The following guides/authors were considered strong contenders; as a reward, their authors will also receive the Deadly Desire skin for Da Ji.

Guardian Winners
The following winners will receive the Brimstone skin for Cerberus, 2,500 Gems, a Season 6 gold Guardian badge, and the "Protector" forum title.

Just like the winner in the Assassin category, this year's prize for our Guardian category goes to a guide which was first created all the way back in 2015, namely AtomicPie525's guide to Geb, the God of Earth. Although our judges expressed a strong personal preference for building boots in every game, the sheer depth of rock solid information provided by this guide simply could not be denied, with topics such as items, abilities, combos and general gameplay all being extensively covered.

Honorable Mentions

The following guides/authors were considered strong contenders; as a reward, their authors will also receive the Brimstone skin for Cerberus.

Hunter Winners
The following winner will receive the Glacial Gaze skin for Medusa, 2,500 Gems, a Season 6 gold Hunter badge, and the "Marksman" forum title.

It's not just old guides winning this year, however, as proven by UPLAR's entry for Ah Muzen Cab. A neatly organized cheatsheet combined with good usage of spoilers - in which all the essential topics of a guide are covered - have laid the foundation for UPLAR to enjoy the sweet, sweet taste of victory.

Despite admittedly remaining a work in progress, the judges also felt Perfectium's efforts in creating and continuously updating this guide for Neith were worthy of praise this year. By covering her abilities, combos, gameplay tips, matchups and builds, this guide does a good job unraveling the mysteries behind playing the Weaver of Fate and is guaranteed to set up users for success.

Honorable Mentions

The following guides/authors were considered strong contenders; as a reward, their authors will also receive the Glacial Gaze skin for Medusa.

Mage Winners
The following winners will receive the Vapor Wave Riptide skin for Poseidon, 2,500 Gems, a Season 6 gold Mage badge, and the "Enchanter" forum title.

Riding the wave to victory in the Mage category this year is xmysterionz with his guide on Poseidon, God of the Oceans. While the depth of information provided doesn't overwhelm users quite as much as some of our other entries this year, the judges gave this guide high scores for the accuracy of the currently existing chapters, which cover everything from ability usage to item builds and situational alternatives.

Honorable Mentions

The following guides/authors were considered strong contenders; as a reward, their authors will also receive the Vapor Wave skin for Poseidon.

Warrior Winners
The following winners will receive the Cosmic Conqueror skin for Hercules, 2,500 Gems, a Season 6 gold Warrior badge, and the "Gladiator" forum title.

newbiemj, Cyberhawk94 and now Vini_sds. We're not sure why, but over the years the Warrior category of our guide contest has always had a winner writing a Nike guide, and this year's edition is no different. Vini's fears of being downvoted into oblivion have proven to be unwarranted, as the guide neatly presents an in-depth explanation on how to achieve victory using the Goddess of... well, Victory.

Joining the ranks of winners in the Warrior category is Supportable with his guide on Vamana. Despite an unfortunate Umbrellarang miss on the moving Odin in his combo video, Supportable shows he has a great understanding of how the Fifth Avatar of Vishnu can be best utilized, providing detailed descriptions of Vamana's abilities, playstyle and possible lane matchups.

Season 6 Gods Winners
The following winners will receive a skin of choice (i.e. one of the five skins awarded in the other categories), 2,500 Gems, and a Season 6 gold Merlin/Jormungandr badge + forum title.

If you're looking to pick up Merlin, look no further than this guide from IceColdPappsi. With clear instructions on how to weave your way through several different stages of the game on top of a solid allround build, this resource provides everything you need to master all the intricacies of playing the Master Wizard.

As for those more interested in swimming through earth and sea as the World Serpent, boogiebass' Arena-focused guide on Jormungandr is at your service. The guide does a good job of covering basic ability information & combos, but stands out mostly because of the variety of items that are included as options to build depending on the current state of the game.

Judges
Thanks to our judges for helping us pick our winners!

How To Claim Your Prizes
  • Look for our email: [email protected] in your inbox letting you know you've won.
  • Respond to it within 1 week to receive your prizes.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » April 27, 2019 3:07pm | Report
alkjdflakjdsflakdfj WAYNE YOU'RE ALIVE?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » April 27, 2019 3:15pm | Report
Honestly I thought any of my guides could win except the one that won :v

My congrats to all Winners. All the guides were excellent!!!

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » April 27, 2019 3:52pm | Report
We can take it back, Myst. :D

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » April 27, 2019 3:58pm | Report
Gulfwulf wrote:

We can take it back, Myst. :D

No, no, no, thank you guys love you all <3

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Supportable » April 27, 2019 4:06pm | Report
Hope you're doing okay Wayne, I heard some personal stuff happened. Thank you so much for the kind words, I'm very excited my guide won and a big congrats goes out to Vini_SDS for making a guide so good I had to go back to mine and add in a TON of new stuff.

Quoted:
Despite an unfortunate Umbrellarang miss on the moving Odin in his combo video

I bring dishonor to my family. ;(

Supportable
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 27, 2019 4:15pm | Report
Seriously, Supportable, that was my favorite thing ever. Congrats to all the winners!
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » April 27, 2019 4:50pm | Report
To be honest, Supportable, yours was the standard I judged the other entries by. Vini and Myst were the only two that came close.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Supportable » April 27, 2019 5:36pm | Report
Quoted:
Gulfwulf: To be honest, Supportable, yours was the standard I judged the other entries by. Vini and Myst were the only two that came close.

Thank you so much, that really means a lot to me. For being my first guide I was really worried that it would come out awkward and out of order. HUGE thanks to Branmuffin, you, and Kriega for your criticisms and tips which made the guide 1000x better.

Edit: How do you show the person's username in the quote? 🤔

Supportable
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (2)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UPLAR » April 27, 2019 5:40pm | Report
Thanks Bran :)

Now I'll make 29482919932 more for next year

UPLAR
<Marksman>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (9)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }