Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Season 6 Guide Contest Winners

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » SMITEFire Season 6 Guide Contest Winners 113 posts - page 4 of 12
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » April 28, 2019 7:38am | Report
Just to clear up any confusion, there were supposed to be 2 per category, but "Season 6 Gods" was one category. As you can see, we ultimately ended up with one Merlin guide and one Jormungandr guide. There is no minimum - or maximum - amount of honorable mentions per category, that depends entirely on the submissions we receive.

As an additional sidenote: after last year's contest we've also added in the rules that the judges reserve the right to select only one winner per category if they feel there is only one that stands out from the rest.

Supportable wrote:
How do you show the person's username in the quote?
[quote=username]fill-in-quote-here[/quote], as opposed to just [quote]fill-in-quote-here[/quote]. Hopefully that makes sense.

Branmuffin17 wrote:

@winners, Wayne likely will get e-mails sent to you by tomorrow. Will advise if that's not going to be the case.
I will contact Hades4u later today and ask him to reach out to all of the winners, so I expect e-mails to be sent out in the (very) near future.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DarkAngel5Q » April 28, 2019 7:39am | Report
The contest rules clearly stated that participants were allowed to update their guides wherever the wanted so you can’t keep using altering as an excuse .

DarkAngel5Q

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 28, 2019 7:44am | Report
Well it's a bit late to be whining about this now. Good luck next year.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DarkAngel5Q » April 28, 2019 7:53am | Report
I’m not whining and I’m not asking to win I’m simply asking for an honerable mention.

DarkAngel5Q

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » April 28, 2019 8:21am | Report
DarkAngel5Q wrote:

I’m not whining and I’m not asking to win I’m simply asking for an honerable mention.

Why?

Quoted:
Like acel1001’s or thesecondmistake’s theirs may not look as presentable but they spent a lot of time into them and they’re only half bad

Half-bad still implies that they're half bad, which is roughly 50% of the criteria met. This isn't good enough for an honourable mention.

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DarkAngel5Q » April 28, 2019 8:32am | Report
Why do you think ? I worked hard for my guide . Also the winner to the Merlin contest got two rewards one for winning and the other from being guess what AN HONERABLE MENTION. It’s only normal that I’d be asking for an honerable mention. I mean congrats to the guy but you have to understand where I’m coming from

Side note : his guide didn’t have gem of iso which is only the defenition of Merlin you know ..... no biggie

I’m sorry I’m just very tilted

DarkAngel5Q

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » April 28, 2019 8:37am | Report
DarkAngel5Q wrote:

Why do you think ? I worked hard for my guide . Also the winner to the Merlin contest got two rewards one for winning and the other from being guess what AN HONERABLE MENTION. It’s only normal that I’d be asking for an honerable mention. I mean congrats to the guy but you have to understand where I’m coming from

Side note : his guide didn’t have gem of iso which is only the defenition of Merlin you know ..... no biggie

I’m sorry I’m just very tilted

I can understand where you're coming from. I know that a lot of effort was put into the guides and yours too, but it simply wasn't enough to be an honourable mention. Would you like me to ask the other judges about this?

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DarkAngel5Q » April 28, 2019 8:47am | Report
Yeah please if you can . It would mean the world to me . And thank you for being the most cooperative judge and person in this forum.

DarkAngel5Q

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 28, 2019 9:03am | Report
DarkAngel5Q wrote:

Fair point, im not sure why it's missing either (or the fact that thoth is built with only 1 other mana item, or why Doom Orb is even listed...).

But, guide judging isn't just based on the builds themselves (though they are a factor).

They're is also the fact that I wasn't judging
DarkAngel5Q wrote:

WeLl I sUrE hOpE hE’s nOt tHe OnE jUdGiNg tHe (JoRmUnGaMdR/mErLiN) PaRt oF tHe CoNtEsT

so don't ask me why.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 28, 2019 9:05am | Report
Tlaloc1050 wrote:

I can understand where you're coming from. I know that a lot of effort was put into the guides and yours too, but it simply wasn't enough to be an honourable mention. Would you like me to ask the other judges about this?

So you're giving in to the whiner?

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }