Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Season 6 Guide Contest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » News » SMITEFire Season 6 Guide Contest 104 posts - page 1 of 11
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » March 6, 2019 8:57am | Report

Hey everyone,

Have you guys warmed up yet to Season 6 of SMITE? We hope so, because it's time to share your knowledge in the SMITEFire Season 6 Guide Contest! You can win awesome prizes by writing a guide for one of the classes, or by focusing on one of the S6 Gods!

Guide Contest (12 Winners)
This year, the guide contest consists of 6 different categories; five based on the classes in game, and one additional category focusing on the new gods brought to us by Hi-Rez in S6.

How do you enter?
  • Simply create or update a Season 6 guide before the end of the contest (April 9th) and boom, you're automatically entered!

• To qualify for the guide contest, your guide must have at least 2500 characters (characters, not words, includes BBCode) and a properly filled out build - skill sequence, talents, and at least core items in the item purchase order. Guides and item builds must be competitive in the current meta.

• If you want feedback for your guide, don't forget to make use of the forums! The SMITEFire community will be happy to help by giving your guide feedback. :)

What can you win?

A sweet god skin (courtesy of Hi-Rez Studios) that fits the role you wrote a guide for!

Gems! 2,500 for our guide winners*

S6 Badge + Forum Title

So what are you waiting for?!

* If we are unable to gift gems for any reason, winners will receive the monetary equivalent instead.

Contest Categories (2 Winners per Category)

The Season 6 Guide Contest is split into 6 categories, five of which are based on the classes in SMITE: Assassin, Hunter, Mage, Warrior, and Guardian. The final category rewards authors who write a guide for the new gods in Season 6, Merlin and Jormungandr. Each category will have (up to) 2 winners. Below is a description of what we expect authors in each category to focus on if they decide to participate.

Assassin

Assassins are often melee gods who can commonly be found in the jungle area of the map. With their mobility and ability to deal huge amounts of damage in a short period of time, their main purpose is to reach key targets in the back line of the enemy team before assassinating them. Authors who write a guide in this category should make sure they do their best to explain how to do this without being stopped by the enemy Guardian or dying to damage dealt by the enemy team.

The winners will receive the Deadly Desire skin for Da Ji, 2,500 Gems, a Season 6 gold Assassin badge, and the "Executioner" forum title.

Guardian

Guardians are usually gods who provide a large amount of crowd control and can soak some damage for their team. Their main job is protect their carries from dying to sneaky enemy Assassins and to disrupt the enemy team as much as possible. Authors who write a guide in this category should focus on explaining how to quickly locate and eliminate the main source(s) of danger on the enemy team while keeping their own carries safe.

The winners will receive the Brimstone skin for Cerberus, 2,500 Gems, a Season 6 gold Guardian badge, and the "Protector" forum title.

Hunter

Hunters are gods who primarily use their basic attacks to deal damage from a distance. Due to their heavy dependence on items, one of their main priorities throughout the game is to secure kills and make sure they are farming a lot of minions & monsters. Authors who write a guide in this category should focus on explaining how to itemize once they've acquired a lot of gold by doing so and talk about how best to position in teamfights.

The winners will receive the Glacial Gaze skin for Medusa, 2,500 Gems, a Season 6 gold Hunter badge, and the "Marksman" forum title.

Mage

Mages are commonly found in the middle lane and can deal a large amount of magical damage from afar by chaining their abilities. In teamfights, they're usually looking to unleash their deadly combo on prime enemy targets. Authors who write a guide in this category should focus on explaining how their abilities should be chained to get the most damage out of them and talk about how to best position themselves in order to do this without being at risk of getting caught.

The winners will receive the Vapor Wave skin for Poseidon, 2,500 Gems, a Season 6 gold Mage badge, and the "Enchanter" forum title.

Warrior

Warriors are melee fighters who can take a bit of a beating but dish out damage as well. In teamfights, Warriors should generally be found on the front lines and focus on disrupting and damaging the enemy team's damage dealers. Authors who write a guide in this category should focus on explaining how to best itemize to achieve this goal and on how to determine which enemy god should be their main priority.

The winners will receive the Cosmic Conqueror skin for Hercules, 2,500 Gems, a Season 6 gold Warrior badge, and the "Gladiator" forum title.

Season 6 Gods

In addition to writing a guide for any of the categories above, authors can also opt to focus on one of the new releases which Season 6 has brought us and write a guide for Merlin, the Master Wizard, or Jormungandr, the World Serpent. To win in this category, authors have to demonstrate the ability to quickly grasp the core mechanics of a newly released god, and teach others how to build and play them to make optimal use of their capabilities.

The winners will receive a skin of choice (i.e. one of the five skins awarded in the other categories), 2,500 Gems, and a Season 6 gold Merlin/Jormungandr badge + forum title.

What Will the Guides be Judged On?

Build Quality - a good guide needs a good build

What would a good guide be without a good build? If you don't buy any items you probably aren't going to do very well! So first things first, tell us what to buy (under the Items tab) of your guide!

Guide purchase orders exist to tell your readers what to buy as well as the order in which they should buy their items, so make sure to make good use of them.

Depth of Information - now tell us how to play!

What order do you level your skills in? Do you wait for a certain moment to use a skill? How do you play against this god or that god? All these little details should not only teach beginners the basics, but teach experienced players little tips and tricks they may not have known before. We've jotted down a list of common topics to touch on in a guide below.
  • Skill order
  • How to use your skills effectively
  • First purchase
  • Build order and how to counterbuild
  • Tips and tricks
  • Matchups and synergy
  • Other game concepts such as team fighting, jungling, pushing, map objectives, etc.

Formatting and Readability - add some polish

If your guide has typos everywhere and all the text is in bright blue it might be a little hard to read. We're not saying that a single typo will disqualify your guide, but take some time to proofread and add some formatting to your guide to help readers quickly find important information. Below are a few resources to help set you on your way; if you want any more help, feel free to ask for it on the forums!

What Are The Rules? (For Guide Authors)
  • You must create or update your guide by the end of April 9th, 2019

• Your guide must fulfill these material requirements:
    • At least 2500 characters
    • At least one build with a filled out skill order and items

• You're allowed to make changes to your guide at any time.

• Plagiarism is strictly prohibited and will automatically disqualify your guide.
    • NOTE: God builds and BBCode do not belong to any one writer and do not fall under plagiarism rules

Contest Judges & Category

Wayne3100
All

DV-8
Assassin

Tlaloc1050
Guardian

Branmuffin17
Hunter

Gulfwulf
Warrior

Fine Print (For Clarity's Sake)
  • Open to registered SMITEFire members only. Not a member? Register now and craft your guide!

• Contest is worldwide.

• Guides must be crafted to reflect the current state of the game.

• Guides for any of SMITE's game modes are eligible to win.

• Users can not win more than one contest category.

• Contest will be closed 3 weeks from the start.

• After contest is closed there will be a 1 week judging period.

• Winners will be notified by email after the judging period and will have 7 days to claim their prize.

• Contest judges reserve the right to select only 1 winner per guide contest category for which the number of quality guides is found lacking.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » March 6, 2019 9:03am | Report
I'm excited and honoured to be a judge yet again, thank you for the opportunity Wayne!

For anyone submitting mage guides: Make sure to put on a show, and may the best mages win!
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » March 6, 2019 9:08am | Report
I didn't directly ask for a reason to finish my Izanami guide but I sure got one.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » March 6, 2019 9:12am | Report
AHHHHH FINALLY IT CAME OUT!!!!

Now I DO HAVE A REASON to keep all my guides updated and full of details!!!!

Good luck to everyone :)

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » March 6, 2019 9:32am | Report
You're going down myst >:)

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by UPLAR » March 6, 2019 10:14am | Report
Hope I win lol, I'll update my Ah Muzen Cab build to enter.

UPLAR
<Marksman>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (9)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » March 6, 2019 10:20am | Report
boogiebass wrote:

You're going down myst >:)

I know you are a bad guy and downvoted my guides :p

You will see, I will win all the categories :v

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » March 6, 2019 10:27am | Report
Yessss.... Time to add to my badge collection

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vini_sds » March 6, 2019 11:00am | Report
I have two questions.

1. If I make a guide for a god that’s outside of their role (Erlang Shen Jungle, Fenrir Support, Ao Kuang solo), will they still be judged by their original category?

2. This section of the announcement:
Wayne3100 wrote:
Guides and item builds must be competitive in the current meta.

What if I make a guide for a god that’s usually not played on the role that I’m suggesting? Like, for example, Arachne support or Nu Wa ADC? Will I be disqualified?

Vini_sds
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » March 6, 2019 11:06am | Report
Answering the second one, with competitive I guess he meant that the build must be viable (like a support with support items not full damage for example, or troll builds)

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }