Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Hall Of Stats

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The Hall Of Stats 175 posts - page 16 of 18
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » November 30, 2017 11:12am | Report
HR should not allow this matchup.

5 minutes into the game, I was saying "WTF IS GOING ON?!?"
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » January 9, 2018 7:05am | Report

First game in quite a while, was basically laning 1v2 vs Vulcan and Arachne for most of that but I managed to hold out while occasionally baiting them into bad fights whenever Bakasura or any of my other teammates was around to help.

Thing is I had no idea what to build while laning against this; I opted for Hide of the Urchin first since it gives both physical and magical protection (while I would normally focus on one of those two first depending on my lane opponent), and then started building into Frostbound Hammer because I buy that item way too often and am pretty sure I overvalue it.

So, with that in mind, two questions:
1) Which Warrior items are good early purchases for some "hybrid" defense? Is Hide of the Urchin among them?
2) How good is Frostbound Hammer and should I tell myself to stop buying it regularly on Warriors?

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » January 9, 2018 10:23am | Report
Hey Wayne,

Wow, that Baka on your team was FED.

I think your consideration to go Hide of the Urchin was appropriate, since you were facing a physical AND a magical at the same time. There aren't a lot of other choices that provide dual protections while also being functionally optimal at that early stage of the game. Other choices would sort of include:
  • Shifter's Shield (aggressive, and you only get the magical protection when you're below 50% health, so that's not so good)
  • Spirit Robe (as a 2nd item, I don't like it as much, especially because it provides no health...I usually like it mid-game or later)
  • Mantle of Discord (too expensive)
I left out less functional ones that technically qualify, including Magi's Blessing and Masamune (and Gauntlet of Thebes which holy hell fell off the face of the planet).

As for Frostbound Hammer, I think it's a pretty good item overall...it's got good bruiser properties, providing both power and health...but for Erlang Shen, he does have his 72 Transformations ES mink form, which provides 4 seconds of Hastened Katana effect. If you're focusing one god, I think that should usually be enough to allow you to stick. Not that it's a bad item...and he is basic-attack oriented (with regard to damage), though you do want some CDR on him.

I'd consider Hammer more if you didn't get Hide of the Urchin first...if you got an item (like Gladiator's Shield) before it that didn't have health, the health from Hammer would be more appreciated.

So in the end, I wouldn't default to Frostbound for every warrior, but it's definitely functional.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » February 20, 2018 11:58pm | Report
Just a Ares ranked game. Running around being a "****".

Here is the guru page, if you feel like watching the whole thing. Went for shoguns to help out merc and cupid also ended up picking up a discord because the game went on pretty long and I needed a selfish item. Could also have gone nemian, but rama wasn't really a huge problem. I also wanted to check if Discord was considdered an aura. Dont think it was, I was drunk and it was like 7am so I can't remember :p
IGN: Marki

Jungle & Support main.

Casually tryharding ranked now and again.

Make fun of my bad plays on Twitch ;)
Is only pixels, why you haf to be mad?

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » March 11, 2018 2:27pm | Report
Second 10 win streak in ranked this season :D

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » March 11, 2018 6:11pm | Report

Second 10 win streak in ranked this season :D

No Ne Zha?

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » March 11, 2018 9:54pm | Report
boogiebass wrote:

No Ne Zha?

https://www.smitefire.com/smite/blog/branmuffin17/brans-s5-ranked-conquest-qualifier-adventures-games-1-3?c=125992#comment-125992

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » March 11, 2018 11:03pm | Report
Ha a Ne Zha in one of my games and he did pretty good.

But I have not felt like playing him :p

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by BestMinionEver » March 31, 2018 4:10pm | Report

Trolled around in ranked last night:

Jungle & Support main.

BestMinionEver
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (69)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » August 11, 2018 5:44am | Report

• Bought Reinforced Shoes because the enemy laners ( Artemis/ Hercules) were pretty aggressively trying to force fights
  • Rushed Gauntlet of Thebes after because I figured I needed to stack it early
  • Realized Gauntlet stacks quicker than I thought and I probably should've gone Sovereignty first, so went for that next
  • Picked up Mantle of Discord because at this stage we were very much teamfighting and I was always in the middle of the action
  • Had zero idea what to round off the build with, so I just clicked something in the recommended tab, i.e. Stone of Binding (which, looking back at it now, doesn't look like a late game item at all).
What should my last item have been? Also, what is the normal starting Relic for supports? I tend to go for Magic Shell but I'm not sure that's optimal.

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }