Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Patch 5.15, "Royal Champion" - Bran's Thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Patch 5.15, "Royal Champion" - Bran's Thoughts 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » August 10, 2018 2:40pm | Report
Link to the official patch notes is here: https://www.smitegame.com/news/royal-champion-5-15-update-notes

New Adventure! (Old Joust)

For those of you who don't remember, this is the old joust map:

Jungle on either side with multiple camps. I played this a decent amount back in the day. This should be fun reminiscence.

Item changes:
  • Blackthorn Hammer (shift): Increased health from 350 to 450, and decreased power from 30 to 25. HR's concept here is to make it a more obvious tank item. I don't think they get it. I don't know if this will change how often it's picked up.

• Silverbranch Bow (shift): This is now a full T3 item, rather than a T2 / Bridge item like Ichaival. Sees a price increase to 2,200 gold, with 20 physical power, 25% attack speed, 10 penetration, and passive (for each 0.02 attack speed you go over cap (2.5) you gain 1 physical power. Ex: if you would go to 2.6 attack speed, you instead go to 2.5 + 5 physical power). Why are they trying to get people to overcap AS?!?!? This is not a good payoff. Seriously, WTF. I can see some new builds now..."This build is meant to take advantage of Silverbranch's passive" and then we see Artemis with Ninja Tabi Odysseus' Bow The Executioner Qin's Sais Silverbranch Bow Atalanta's Bow (and don't you dare say that sounds good to you!!!)

God changes:
  • Anhur (buff): Desert Fury gets 10 increased damage at all ranks, and a 10% increase in scaling. I don't like this guy in either case...meh. But I guess he needed it, as he falls off late.

• Baron Samedi (nerf): Life of the Party gets a decrease to the amount of Hysteria he gets per hit from 8 to 5, and a self slow increase from 40% to 60%. Starting to feel like he's getting nerfed a bit too much. I don't really fear him anymore.

• Cernunnos (buff): The Wild Hunt gets a mana cost reduction at higher ranks, and is now a flat 100 mana cost. 140 mana at rank 5 is pretty damn expensive, so I understand this.

• Chernobog (nerfs): Crystallized Curses base damage of the first hit is decreased at higher ranks, and Living Nightmare mitigation scaling gets a decrease at lower ranks. One nerf at early stages, one nerf at late stages. Guess it's fair...he can definitely output some good damage.

• Fenrir (buff): Now gets 3 runes for getting an assist. This will help him more immediately chain effectiveness in a fight. Seems functional.

• Pele (buffs): Base health increased from 440 to 460. Pyroclast CD decreased from 14 to 13. Magma Rush MS increased from 20% to 30%. Guess we know squat, eh HR? It's not our freaking fault if we get a ton of people not knowing how to build her, and are thus underperforming!!! Dude...level 1 with 30% MS if leveling Magma Rush first? Are you kidding me?

• Ne Zha (nerf): Righteous Spirit base power decreased from 1 per stack to 0.5 per stack. That's fair.

• Thoth (nerf): Glyph of Pain no longer triggers item effects. I mean, I'm sort of happy because his range is BS. How exactly does this work, though? Can he use his other abilities through it and have those abilities still trigger things like Soul Reaver or Spear of the Magus?

This patch seems off the mark. First one in a while that I feel they didn't get things mostly right. Am I wrong?
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » August 10, 2018 2:45pm | Report
I’ve been playing a bit of Pele the last couple of days and though it’s not hundreds of hours, I do agree that these aren’t the buffs she needs. I think she needs a slow cleanse/immunity on the 3 and maybe make her 2 come out faster cause i’m never sure if I accidentally jumped or my ability went off. Guess we’ll see what happens on PTS.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » August 10, 2018 3:19pm | Report
Pretty strange patch. Not sure what they were thinking with Silverbranch Bow.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » August 11, 2018 5:08am | Report
The person that did it to Silverbranch Bow has serious mental problems.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » August 11, 2018 5:09am | Report
DV-8 wrote:

Pretty strange patch. Not sure what they were thinking with Silverbranch Bow.

I dunno but me no like

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » August 11, 2018 5:25am | Report
Trying to reward overcapping a stat is a pretty poor design choice imo. I'd honestly prefer having a global passive (for every god in the game) which takes away stats for every time you overcap AS, CDR, etc.

At least that way players might learn.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » August 11, 2018 10:05am | Report
I doubt it. I think most players use autobuy and I highly doubt they give much though to build synergy.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » August 11, 2018 11:02am | Report
Autobuy builds are really bad.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » August 11, 2018 12:29pm | Report
boogiebass wrote:

Autobuy builds are really bad.

Not always true. Sometimes the auto-buy Hunter builds contain Deathbringer.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » August 11, 2018 12:34pm | Report
DV-8 wrote:

Not always true. Sometimes the auto-buy Hunter builds contain Deathbringer.

And DB belongs in every hunter build. Anybody who doesn't build it is a scrub. :P

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }