Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread 353 posts - page 32 of 36
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 22, 2015 12:20am | Report
Holy ****, you were DEAD.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » July 22, 2015 12:23am | Report
This list makes no sense and the lack of frequent updates make it worse. Someone please explain to me why Anubis is ABOVE Mercury.

Really, this list isn't Pokemon, where teams can be made of all tanks (stall), all damage dealers (hyper offense), etc. It should be segregates into roles.

MOBAFire has THEIR tier list separated into roles. That actually makes sense, since there's no point in comparing Chaac vs Ymir or Mercury vs Anubis since their main purposes are different. It's like saying a Fire Extinguisher is better than a hatchet - they're useful in different contexts. Comparing different kinds of fire extinguishers, on the other hand, makes sense.

^

This should be top priority. The list is a mess and we need a good foundation and a clear focus. Maybe split into multiple threads per role?

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » July 22, 2015 3:31am | Report
Well... I'm sorry to break it down for you sub, but SMITE isn't LoL. Every single "tier list" made for SMITE is left at "generallies", "how well they perform on their best role", "are they a flex pick?" and " how well of a flex pick are them".

Which is one of the things I don't like about the community
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » July 22, 2015 3:35am | Report
It´s almost as.... Mobas are not all the same, and dont follow the same rules oO
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Nex The Slayer » July 22, 2015 4:01am | Report
It's almost as.... Setolino never adds anything to a discussion and just hangs around on the forum just so he can makes snarky comments about members he doesn't like oO

I think the tier list Sub suggest is way better. It's more specific and doesn't have to be taken at face value.

A lot of gods are viable in multiple roles (roles as in what position in the team they fill, not if they are a mage or a bruiser), but is best suited for one role then the others. Like, lets say that Bellona is S tier in solo lane, A or B tier as a jungeler as an example and D tier as a support (possible, but not viable)

This is helpful because some gods may be good in one role for completely different reason to why they are good in an other. Like Ravana is good in the solo lane because of his built in sustain and ability to shrug of harass and ganks with Overhead Kick and great as a jungeler because of his fast wave clearing and sticking power once he gets his ult.

Nex The Slayer

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » July 22, 2015 4:23am | Report

Well... I'm sorry to break it down for you sub, but SMITE isn't LoL. Every single "tier list" made for SMITE is left at "generallies", "how well they perform on their best role", "are they a flex pick?" and " how well of a flex pick are them".

Which is one of the things I don't like about the community

Only thing is SMITE and LoL are really close to being the same some differences are the map towers and jungle and of course smite niche perspective. But a tier list is meta wise and compare LoL meta with smite and well wath a coincidence they both have a solo laner they both have a duo bot lane both have a jungler and both have a mid. Isn't that a weird coincidence?

So to break it to you for a tier list the smite isn't LoL thing is pretty untrue. all those 3 points are applied in a LoL tier list (bit outdated as I can't find a date) too (especially if you look at a general one if you can find one)

a categorized kinda does the same because certain champion/gods can be played in multiple roles so they are mentioned in other Catogories too (e.g. annie is a tier 1 mid but also a tier 3 support)

So yeah I'm agreeing with sub. a categorized one can be pretty good for this game.

As long as we don't go to a dota tierlist which is just based on P%+B% from competitive players. still even in dota you can make a categorized (you do need to include almost every hero for every role though and you will get more categories probably then 5 as you have carry-mid-offlaner-farmingsup-hardsup-jungler (this one includes farming supports and carries that can farm the jungle efficiently from lvl 1))

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » July 22, 2015 4:38am | Report
Well, i think you understand what iam doing here exatcly the right way, i just updated my guide once in a month or so, then look at the forums, see alot of ******** from people that doesnt even understand the game and just comment with a snarky comment since discussing with somebody who doesnt even understand the meta, is not worth it. :)

What i actually think about the tier list lets see, to many in s rank, the wrong gods in a list and putting gods under zeus is just ********.

Chaac in B- rofl, he is the strongest stale mate solo laner, and with Transendence stacks he does 400 flat + qin sais dmg. With his annoying *** ultimate he belong in a+, i could list a lot more but nobody gonna listen anyway so whatever.

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » July 22, 2015 5:05am | Report
Setolino wrote:

Well, i think you understand what iam doing here exatcly the right way, i just updated my guide once in a month or so, then look at the forums, see alot of ******** from people that doesnt even understand the game and just comment with a snarky comment since discussing with somebody who doesnt even understand the meta, is not worth it. :)

What i actually think about the tier list lets see, to many in s rank, the wrong gods in a list and putting gods under zeus is just ********.

Chaac in B- rofl, he is the strongest stale mate solo laner, and with Transendence stacks he does 400 flat + qin sais dmg. With his annoying *** ultimate he belong in a+, i could list a lot more but nobody gonna listen anyway so whatever.

Seto, as snarky as he can be, is better at Smite than 99% of people here, and people should probably listen to him.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » July 22, 2015 5:31am | Report
tbh I see this tier-list being wrong due to 1 reason : It's too much ... "DM/SPL meta" wise. It doesn't ACTUALLY show the god's powers, and while there is a lot of gods in S, it's cuz they really are broken. Bellona and Athena are "proud" examples in that.

I think what will change the meta is not new gods, it's frecking new items. But that has nothing to do with this thread.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » July 22, 2015 6:53am | Report
Tier list should be about how useful gods are, Hades is ****ty as Support but really good in Solo so he is A. Easy.

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }