Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread 353 posts - page 30 of 36
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 10, 2015 2:31pm | Report
I third that S- nomination.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » June 10, 2015 6:05pm | Report
Sorry for not responding to this thread sooner, I was busy. If you don't mind I'm just going to reopen the Osiris discussion quite briefly.
FemFatalis wrote:

He has no quick six-creep clear, his poke is somewhat short-range ( Sickle Strike, obviously Spirit Flail is effective poke, but it's generally used for clear), and once someone dashes out of the tether, only someone with amazing reflexes would be able to Lord of the Afterlife and still land the stun.

Mages can buy Sprint at the start of the game.

Tyr DEFINITELY doesn't lose all kill potential if the enemy buys Greater Purification - far from it. He does lose if the enemy gets Magi's Blessing.

I must admit, I like the build, and Frostbound Hammer is good right now, but I see him as a counter to hunters without dashes and a small number of assassins/warriors. B tier is balanced tier, not niche tier, and Osiris is not currently balanced.

Trivia: Osiris is the least played god in Conquest. Even Nox is seeing more play in casuals. He's also 8th least played in League.

I was comparing Tyr to Osiris when you said that Osiris loses all kill potential if someone gets sprint, he doesn't.

Osiris is considered a lane bully. He can simultaneously poke and clear with Spirit Flail, it's wide enough. The AoE autos help with inital clear. Apollo doesn't have the best clear but he is one of the most popular solos atm.

Maybe he isn't great right now, but in this meta when everyone is playing hunters in the solo lane, Osiris will be doing better. I can guess the next tier list that is done on the juice website will have Osiris going up on the list. Due to his recent play in the SPL by Divios, CycloneSpin, and enQu, I feel he's going to see a lot more play in the near future.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 11, 2015 5:15am | Report
wait does Sickle Strike go through minions. because as far as I remember it didn;t when I played him. (and otherwise the description should be edited to first enemy god not first enemy)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 11, 2015 8:20am | Report
Sickle Strike hits minions.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » June 11, 2015 8:39am | Report
yeah green edited the comment he had a typo

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 12, 2015 11:44am | Report
Moving Janus to S

Just the thread's moderator breaking the rules and posting a one-liner, carry on

Also, Greenevers: As a moderator, do you have the ability to approve this as official?

EDIT: SMITEFire Official, not OFFICIAL official. :/

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 12, 2015 12:12pm | Report
The thread? No, no one can make people suddenly think this is the official tier list.

Only reputation does that. MOBAfire enjoys being the semi-official tier list, but this one probably won't as long as 80% of the votes aren't in platinum yet.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 14, 2015 7:46pm | Report
Ok, this might have just been the all knock-up comp or Qvofred's sheer skill, but after watching Trig vs Nox Game 2, I think Awilix is a warranted A or A-. Feather Step is so good.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 14, 2015 8:47pm | Report
A-. Awilix under-performs a lot of gods in the current meta

Also, why isn't Eset in S also ? She is da beast in mid.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 14, 2015 8:55pm | Report
Eset has no strong escapes and can be countered heavily by certain counterpicks, she's not as versatile as S ranked gods should be.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }