Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread 353 posts - page 31 of 36
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 15, 2015 10:50am | Report
Zilby wrote:

Eset has no strong escapes and can be countered heavily by certain counterpicks, she's not as versatile as S ranked gods should be.

Like the S Tier description says, " Little to none flaws, but the pros are better than it " sort of thing.

Eset has no strong escape? She has a important ult for teamfights and objective control, a silence, a stun, a speed buff, and a magical debuff ? Plus a lot of damage ? Couldn't S tier fit her ?
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 15, 2015 1:48pm | Report
Her ability to be countered as heavily as she is I believe is enough of a flaw to knock her to A or A+, but that's just personal opinion (I'm not saying Eset is bad, she's my second favorite mid laner, I just think at a pro level she's not S tier).
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 15, 2015 1:59pm | Report
I personally would support a raise, mainly since she brings, in my opinion, the most utility of any midlaner. Even if she falls behind, loses lane, gets a gold disadvantage, and/or DCs and comes back later, she can still pull her weight in any given scenario - she can reliably clear even when underleveled since she can clear the entire wave at level 4, her Wing Gust still provides her with good movement to kite enemies, chip some damage for an incoming ally to work with, dodge projectiles, and to be relatively distracting. Spirit Ball is still an insane long-range stun and pseudo-zoning tool, Dispel Magic can provide possibly crucial extra magical damage + aura protections for her allies, and Circle of Protection still brings a 10% damage reduction and significant healing if charged up. She also has good kill potential in-lane, due to good CC, a versatile ult, the ability to waveclear completely at level 4, and a good poke, as well as being able to lock down mid harpies better than most midlaners.

However, she still certainly has problems, mainly since she has no insta-escape, her best way being a combination of Dispel Magic slow, Spirit Ball stun, Wing Gust movement increase, and Circle of Protection damage reduction, heal, and zoning potential. As such, an OOM or cooldown'd Eset can easily be jumped on, especially since they usually buy Sprint over Blink. Her damage can also get somewhat lackluster late-game.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 15, 2015 5:30pm | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

I personally would support a raise, mainly since she brings, in my opinion, the most utility of any midlaner. Even if she falls behind, loses lane, gets a gold disadvantage, and/or DCs and comes back later, she can still pull her weight in any given scenario - she can reliably clear even when underleveled since she can clear the entire wave at level 4, her Wing Gust still provides her with good movement to kite enemies, chip some damage for an incoming ally to work with, dodge projectiles, and to be relatively distracting. Spirit Ball is still an insane long-range stun and pseudo-zoning tool, Dispel Magic can provide possibly crucial extra magical damage + aura protections for her allies, and Circle of Protection still brings a 10% damage reduction and significant healing if charged up. She also has good kill potential in-lane, due to good CC, a versatile ult, the ability to waveclear completely at level 4, and a good poke, as well as being able to lock down mid harpies better than most midlaners.

However, she still certainly has problems, mainly since she has no insta-escape, her best way being a combination of Dispel Magic slow, Spirit Ball stun, Wing Gust movement increase, and Circle of Protection damage reduction, heal, and zoning potential. As such, an OOM or cooldown'd Eset can easily be jumped on, especially since they usually buy Sprint over Blink. Her damage can also get somewhat lackluster late-game.

Tal bae <3
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » July 5, 2015 7:10am | Report
Gonna bump this to try and get some discussion on how recent updates have changed the list. I personally have nothing to say since I was gone for a little over a week, and will be leaving again shortly after this.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » July 5, 2015 8:00am | Report
Imo, the game is particularly unbalanced and confusing right now. I'm waiting until LAN to come to any conclusions whatsoever.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » July 12, 2015 10:44pm | Report
I agree with Fem. However, with this Mid-Patch notes, I would say Chang'e will be more viable now. ( Kind of, depends how you see it.) A is now Chang'e's spot IMO.

Ravana should be classified has B+/A- IMO. He isn't the strongest ( EVEN WITH THIS NEW PATCH ) but he is more utility based and more "survivable" then before. However, I would still like a Hercules, Sun Wukong, Osiris or Bellona in my team, instead of him.

Nox got a "buff", but she's still a 100-0 or Nothing god, so she stays where she is.

'bout it.

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Janitsu » July 13, 2015 2:16pm | Report
that triple starting post

want that banner you are longing for in the op?

Janitsu

Prominent (25)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » July 13, 2015 9:01pm | Report
I love how Dm thinks that the Heartseeker nerf was enough to kill Loki, that's what Loki wanted you to think. Loki is still very viable and I think he's balanced maybe A rank because Loki can have a 50/50 chance of either being so weak he's useless or he's so powerful people want him nerfed to oblivion.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » July 22, 2015 12:06am | Report
Janitsu wrote:

that triple starting post

want that banner you are longing for in the op?

blame my smogon upbringing ;_;

I would love a banner if possible; I'm good with pretty much anything, but I think something along the lines of the official SMITE logo would fit the best.

it's 3 in the morning so I'm heading off for sleep now, will look at the meaningful posts later.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }