Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread 353 posts - page 14 of 36
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 4, 2015 3:24pm | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

ICEN, Sub said something. I was responding to it. This conversation doesn't revolve around you. Also, beating you proves nothing other than "I'm a better Chronos than your Agni" which is not. the. point. If we see consistent evidence from top players that gods are better than one another, then the tier list will change. Your form of proof doesn't change the standards of this tier list. Not sure how many times we have to say it.
AGAIN

EXPLAIN how Chronos or hel would kill Agni in a 1 on 1

Explain how they will reach agni

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 4, 2015 3:33pm | Report
Chronos scales better late game, which is the whole point of Joust, so as long as the Chronos survives, stays under tower, and controls some buffs, they will eventually be able to Accelerate, run at you, catch up to your Path of Flames, and burst you down with autos or Time Rifts. I'm not a Hel player but she's winning every Joust she's allowed in, so I can let someone else take that. She has sustain.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » June 4, 2015 3:36pm | Report
Icen, shut up and listen to me (love you)

I play mid lane almost exclusively, and although I haven't been playing recently, I'm going to tell you how I would beat an Agni playing as my main Janus, alright?

Agni needs to get close to the wave to clear unless he wants to burn ults. So he has 4 options.

1. Dash through the wave toward me. If he does this, he's wide open to be punished.
2. Walk toward me and then dash back. Once again, even easier to be punished as I can place a portal down where he is going to dash.
3. Use flame wave. The range on it is horrible. I will easily be able to hit my clear on him.
4. Ult. Which means he loses a majority of his damage, allowing me to easily win 1v1s. Specifically, I wait until after he's cleared the wave so he has one less meteor.

Now, let me explain how I would engage on an Agni when attempting to get a kill.

1. I would put my Threshold down in front of me to make myself Sanic fast, and I will approach him. An Agni trying to land a meteor on me is going to have a tough time. A bad Agni will miss every single one, a good Agni will try to lead me into them. Either way, it's predictable.
2. Once I get within a good range, he will go to dash. Since Agni is no longer CC immune during his dash, I'll lead him right into it, where I'll be able to hit an easy clear on him for a good portion of his health.
3. Here I have two options: I can either back off and call it a good poke, or, since I built CDR, I'll put a 3 on him to make him slow as ****, and hit my clear again, which will probably secure me a kill.

Don't issue me a 1v1 challenge, I'm just telling you that that's what I would do to beat an Agni, and that's how I would "reach him". You make it sound like reaching an Agni is impossible. It's really not.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 4, 2015 3:38pm | Report
<3 dacoqrs backing me up <3 <3 Agni isn't invincible.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 4, 2015 3:42pm | Report
I think it's about time I posted some official rules for this thread.

Rules:

-Post intelligently. One-liners and Posts like "I think God X should be in this tier" will not be tolerated.
-No flaming.
-Usage statistics may be used to support an argument or a claim, but don't base your ENTIRE argument around them. For example, you can't just say "God X shouldn't be this tier because they aren't used that often!"
-Just because you're good at a god doesn't mean that the god is good itself; it only proves YOUR skill at playing it, not the GOD's ability to function. Ex: If I decided to no-life Nox until I knew literally every single possible little nook and cranny, went into Platinum League, and get 30 kills every single game for 50 games, my statement that Nox should be in B+ would still be false.

Also, I just want a FEW more votes on Anubis before changing it.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » June 4, 2015 3:44pm | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

-Post intelligently. One-liners and Posts like "I think God X should be in this tier" will not be tolerated.

Unless it has Dragon Ball Z references, right?
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 4, 2015 3:45pm | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

I think it's about time I posted some official rules for this thread.

Rules:

-No flaming.
-Usage statistics may be used to support an argument or a claim, but don't base your ENTIRE argument around them. For example, you can't just say "God X shouldn't be this tier because they aren't used that often!"
-Just because you're good at a god doesn't mean that the god is good itself; it only proves YOUR skill at playing it, not the GOD's ability to function. Ex: If I decided to no-life Nox until I knew literally every single possible little nook and cranny, went into Platinum League, and get 30 kills every single game for 50 games, my statement that Nox should be in B+ would still be false.

RULES <3 <3 <3 VER TALENHEIM
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 4, 2015 3:55pm | Report
This is how I would beat a Janus

I would abuse my longer range

The end

This is how the match would go if Janus decides to camp so far back that I can't hit anything

Nobody wins

The end

#1 Agni can dash while you try to speed yourself up and he will still be out of range
#2 Agni can camp under tower just like anyone can
#3 Placing a portal behind Agni assumes you got in his range without being CC'd yourself from his superior range
#4 Placing portal behind him assumes he will run into it every single time and not learn his lesson

I would over camp Janus and beat him by camping harder than he can, and poke from a range where he will never get me.

For Janus to do anything he has to be in range of Agni's CC bombs

For Agni do anything he can poke all he wants because Janus has less range

Clear winner to me is Agni over everyone.

If someone pwns me it may change my mind, however I never had been pwned playing Agni in joust so I don't believe it until I see it

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 4, 2015 4:04pm | Report
Talenhiem wrote:

Put him on C. Anubis says it himself. " I may be Anubis, but I'm not, a noob. "
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » June 4, 2015 4:11pm | Report
Anubis and Janus have an even matchup.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }