Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread 353 posts - page 11 of 36
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 3, 2015 10:57pm | Report
I vote for removing the stupid +/- subtiers and making him stay in C.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 3, 2015 11:08pm | Report
It doesn't really matter that much where you put him because gods in the C - B- range don't really get played either way. If I was going to place him though it would be C+
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 4, 2015 7:30am | Report
Stay from me. He's useless.

Onto another topic just for the hell of it (we've talked a lot about Anubis) Ah Muzen Cab? Why is he D compared to Anubis. At least he has some positives, right?
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 4, 2015 9:38am | Report
Why do people think Agni is just "alright" or "decently good"?
I do believe my last game before I went to bad I played Agni and got like 22+ kills and was pretty untouchable until late game where people caught up to me and me and my other team mate had to carry to win.

When I was playing Agni I had people on my team say things like
"Wow, I can't believe you killed him"
"Wow, you got a double kill that fast"
"How are you making Agni look that good"

^ My point is people think Agni is only average or decently better?

Why would anyone who plays Smite even think this? I do not really understand it, at least with gods like Anubis I can actually see why someone has arguments for him to be lower tier, but I never seen any good arguments for Agni to be lower tier or not top tier.

Something I would like to point out: The moral of the story is not how good I do or don't do with Agni, the moral of the story is people thinking he is only decent and asking me why Agni looks so good.

To which I reply "Because he is that good?"

Agni
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

- Level One-Two dash clear is among the fastest clear if not the fastest clear
- Best Escape among all mages including Janus
- Fastest Escape among all mages
- Escape that does damage
- Equal AOE or higher AOE than all mages (besides Krakan Ult)
- Equal or Better CC than all mages
- Equal or more Range than all mages
- Equal or more Poke than all mages
- Ult comes back every 20 seconds stacked up to 3 times
- Ult cost no mana
- Agni is not super squishy compared to other mages (last time I checked I think)

What exactly is his flaws? Based on his kit he should be almost unbeatable

Agni only suffers pre level 5 and after the first wave.

Agni clears the first wave with his escape and usually wins from the first wave
After those waves Agni may still win but sometimes will just play slightly pushed back until level 5
Once Agni hits level 5 he has no worries about the opposing push

- Janus escape is slower than Agni, Janus escape has to run to a wall, Janus escape ult has a charge up time, compared to Agni insanely quick escape that is almost instant.

- Isis has no escape

- Pos has no escape

- Ra has no escape

- Syclla's escape is almost as good but has a slight charge up time, but it can be argued to be better because she can go under walls but Agni's escape does damage

- Chronos has no escape besides speeding himself up or rewinding time and its def not as good as Agni's escape

- Vulcan has no escape

AGNI BEATS ABOUT EVERYONE IN TERMS OF ESCAPE

I can keep going but don't really feel like it.

How exactly is Agni flawed in any shape, form or way, and if he is not flawed what makes Agni under Vulcan, Ra, Pos, Isis, when those gods actually may have flaws Agni does not even have period.

The only possible gods I could **** ride are the following

- Anubis
- Hou Yi
- Guan Yu

If I was to **** ride any gods I would **** ride those if I wanted to, but I do not even like Agni as a fav god and I don't have any reason to **** ride gods I don't like.

Agni is just as good if not better than any mage in the game, has no flaws I can think of.

- Wave clear = good
- Escape = good
- poke = good
- Can be in lane longer = good
- CC = good
- ranges covered = good
- damaging escape = good
- damage = good

What does Agni exactly suck at? He sucks at nothing I can think of???

Vulcan, Isis, Aphrodite, Chronos, ect at least suck at things like escapes, CC, ect.

Agni is easily A+ tier in my book

Can any of you list the match ups Agni has and why he is lower than those mages?

PS: Two bombs from Agni kill people late game, I was killing people like serqet in literally two bombs, so I have no clue what you guys are talking about when you are saying things like Agni has no burst.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 4, 2015 9:54am | Report
ICEN wrote:

Why do people think Agni is just "alright" or "decently good"?
I do believe my last game before I went to bad I played Agni and got like 22+ kills and was pretty untouchable until late game where people caught up to me and me and my other team mate had to carry to win.

When I was playing Agni I had people on my team say things like
"Wow, I can't believe you killed him"
"Wow, you got a double kill that fast"
"How are you making Agni look that good"

^ My point is people think Agni is only average or decently better?

Why would anyone who plays Smite even think this? I do not really understand it, at least with gods like Anubis I can actually see why someone has arguments for him to be lower tier, but I never seen any good arguments for Agni to be lower tier or not top tier.

Something I would like to point out: The moral of the story is not how good I do or don't do with Agni, the moral of the story is people thinking he is only decent and asking me why Agni looks so good.

To which I reply "Because he is that good?"

Agni
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

- Level One-Two dash clear is among the fastest clear if not the fastest clear
- Best Escape among all mages including Janus
- Fastest Escape among all mages
- Escape that does damage
- Equal AOE or higher AOE than all mages (besides Krakan Ult)
- Equal or Better CC than all mages
- Equal or more Range than all mages
- Equal or more Poke than all mages
- Ult comes back every 20 seconds stacked up to 3 times
- Ult cost no mana
- Agni is not super squishy compared to other mages (last time I checked I think)

What exactly is his flaws? Based on his kit he should be almost unbeatable

Agni only suffers pre level 5 and after the first wave.

Agni clears the first wave with his escape and usually wins from the first wave
After those waves Agni may still win but sometimes will just play slightly pushed back until level 5
Once Agni hits level 5 he has no worries about the opposing push

- Janus escape is slower than Agni, Janus escape has to run to a wall, Janus escape ult has a charge up time, compared to Agni insanely quick escape that is almost instant.

- Isis has no escape

- Pos has no escape

- Ra has no escape

- Syclla's escape is almost as good but has a slight charge up time, but it can be argued to be better because she can go under walls but Agni's escape does damage

- Chronos has no escape besides speeding himself up or rewinding time and its def not as good as Agni's escape

- Vulcan has no escape

AGNI BEATS ABOUT EVERYONE IN TERMS OF ESCAPE

I can keep going but don't really feel like it.

How exactly is Agni flawed in any shape, form or way, and if he is not flawed what makes Agni under Vulcan, Ra, Pos, Isis, when those gods actually may have flaws Agni does not even have period.

The only possible gods I could **** ride are the following

- Anubis
- Hou Yi
- Guan Yu

If I was to **** ride any gods I would **** ride those if I wanted to, but I do not even like Agni as a fav god and I don't have any reason to **** ride gods I don't like.

Agni is just as good if not better than any mage in the game, has no flaws I can think of.

- Wave clear = good
- Escape = good
- poke = good
- Can be in lane longer = good
- CC = good
- ranges covered = good
- damaging escape = good
- damage = good

What does Agni exactly suck at? He sucks at nothing I can think of???

Vulcan, Isis, Aphrodite, Chronos, ect at least suck at things like escapes, CC, ect.

Agni is easily A+ tier in my book

Can any of you list the match ups Agni has and why he is lower than those mages?

PS: Two bombs from Agni kill people late game, I was killing people like serqet in literally two bombs, so I have no clue what you guys are talking about when you are saying things like Agni has no burst.

Cuz Agni takes a lot of skill, and most people can't handle him. So it creates this vision that agni] sucks. Also, ppl who can't use him critize [[agni players. I personally can't play Agni, but I always fear one when I see he's profile pic on the enemy team.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 4, 2015 9:57am | Report
He doesn't suck at anything, but others are simply better. Poseidon has more burst and more zoning, plus an escape ( Trident is an escape lol, plus using Tidal Surge for knockback). Janus has the best escape in the game, because even if it doesn't always have faster travel time, it has versatility and stops ganks entirely. "Oh, you're coming to gank me * Portal* whoops I'm at my back harpies now". Eset has more damage, a more reliable stun, and an escape ( Wing Gust increases speed and stops ganks by punishing coming towards her). Neith is better than Agni in basically all ways. Vulcan isn't better than Agni unless the player is more skilled. Aphrodite isn't a mid. Chronos has literally the best escape in the game I don't know what you're even talking about it's a ******* RESET. Scylla has the second best escape in the game because it's also a ward. Ra has more burst if you hit Searing Pain and his passive is an escape, and he heals. Agni simply isn't that good. Plus, who's going to walk into Path of Flames? The best you can do consistently against high level players is stun with it.

(this coming from an Agni player btw) (I wish he was amazing but he's not, he's balanced)
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 4, 2015 10:29am | Report
Agni is amazing....

Also Ra's 1 is horribly easy to dodge unless he is close to you, likewise you are dumb if you stand in his heal.

Pos does not have more zoning than Agni, they are like even.

If I am facing a Pos in lane I guarantee you that he will be more afraid of my range than I am afraid of his.

You see, Agni can do something that other mages can't do.

And that is, dash in front of your face in less than .05 seconds and then make you disapear.

Other mages stun you, do damage and then have to chase you down or move up to you then land another ability.

Agni can drop meteors on your face then dash up to your face and blast you away.

I played Agni a bunch of times mid against a bunch of different gods and I never really seen anyone who I thought can beat Agni with ease. If anything anytime I picked Agni and hit level 5 I always thought it was my advantage.

Meteors are simply too good.

They keep coming back for ever, and they do alot of damage.

You can always hit TWO with the CC combo, so 3 can sometimes be done.

Eat 3 Meteors to the face from Agni and watch how fast you run back to base, like I said they keep coming back forever and you can consistantly land 2 meteors over and over and there is nothing they can do without beads or ageis besides camp super far back.

When I say super far, back I mean super far back.

If your going to say Buy Ageis than I'll just say the same thing for Poseidons ult.

Agni to me is the best mage in the game, I stand by it ever since I played Smite.

Its not some new Idea, I said this before I left this forum, Agni has stood test of time and he has never been bad, he has been on par or better than all mages to come.

That is my opinion.

If I get dominated in lane and I was using Agni then I will change my opinion

However everytime I played Agni I have yet to feel dominated or even have the feeling of "that mage is better than Agni"

Literally the entire reason for my ever picking Agni is because I think "Agni is better than anyone they pick".

Gods like Anubis, Guan Yi, Hou Yi, Anhur, Zhong, Janus, Herc, ect.

Literally any god in the game I play I think something to myself

Agni is the only god in the game when that I say to myself "I can't lose to anyone"

That is how I legit think every time I pick Agni, I can't ever recall being beat horribly when using Agni, the only time I think ever lose the lane is probably from team coordinated ganks.

Without a team I always see Agni as not losing to anyone who is in front of him

The reason is meteors that is all, there is no other special reason.

The reason why I feel Agni is the best is because of his meteors and nothing else.

All the videos I have recorded of me playing anyone with Agni easily whos that Meteors dominate the opposing mages.

The meteor poke almost nobody can deal with unless they camp hard core, and if they are camping hard core that means they can't ever damage me.

The only legit time I feel I could get dominated as playing Agni is when team mates come to help, I never felt Agni loses to anyone in the game when they are standing before him in lane.

This means both players have full actives, and full build.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 4, 2015 10:33am | Report
^ My opinion though

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 4, 2015 10:33am | Report
On this thread, can we stick to high-level experience, so that the thread isn't all personal anecdotes? You may have great success with Agni in your conquest matches, but that doesn't mean that the competitive viability tier list changes. I like Agni too, he's my favorite mid laner and my go-to in the role, but I realize that overall, a Poseidon or Janus will be better in a competitive game than an Agni will.
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 4, 2015 10:38am | Report

Cuz Agni takes a lot of skill, and most people can't handle him. So it creates this vision that agni] sucks. Also, ppl who can't use him critize [[agni players. I personally can't play Agni, but I always fear one when I see he's profile pic on the enemy team.
Its funny because the people I was playing with yesterday said this^ They said something along the lines of "every time I play Agni I suck with him, I don't get how you are doing so good with him because I do bad when I play Agni".

Pretty sure if you guys check my match history as well the other team had a Agni, and my team mates where raging their *** off saying "This ****ing Agni"!!!!

I can also contest that meteors in fact **** your life up, because when the opposing Agni dropped 2 Meteors on me it ****ed my health up and his build was not as good as my build.

With my build on Agni I was two shotting Serquet with 2 bombs.

Anyone I faced disappeared from the game

I don't buy the idea that Agni has no burst, 2 meteors are 100% gauranteed without beads or aegis used, the 3rd metoer is a MAYBE.

So basically, it is possible to get all 3 meteors off over and over since 2 are 100% gauranteed unless you suck with Agni.

- Throw a meteor
- Use the fumes
- They eat 1 meteor and get stunned
- the next meteor is guaranteed to lane because they are stunned
- They eat it and can get two shot by it
- the 3rd meteor is a maybe depending on where they go and where you aim.

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }