Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread 353 posts - page 9 of 36
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 3, 2015 11:41am | Report
That's being unfair. You can't shove actives into the mix. If Hades happens to have Shield active during their fight, then by all rights, Anubis can have beads or aegis or even his own Shield. Or have that gold put into a defensive item, instead.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » June 3, 2015 11:59am | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

@dacoqrs I see you're making great use of your return to Smite. Are you speaking of Through Space and Time, commonly referred to in HiRez Design as "kame kame HAAAAAAA"?

If you don't know me very well, Janus is my middle name (and laner!). And indeed I am.

Subzero008 wrote:

If throwing DBZ balls out of your hands makes you SS+ tier, then I wonder where Sun Wukong, the literal source material for Goku, would be. SSS?

If you bring back old Sun Wukong you got a deal XD
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » June 3, 2015 2:46pm | Report
I'm wondering why Agni is so low on the list. By no means am I an Agni player, but he is definitely one of the best mages in the game and he has results to back it up. Out of the 21 mages, he had the 4th highest P/B ratio in Spring Split and currently the 3rd highest in the Summer Split. DM's list has him as at an A rank and Incontinentia ranked him at S-. For some reason smite guru is not letting me see the P/B ratio in ranked Conquest, but what I can tell you is that he has a 50.31% Win rate and a 1.09 KDR out of 148,000~ games. Again, I don't play Agni that much, but he AT LEAST deserves to be in regular A tier.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 3, 2015 2:54pm | Report
P/B ratio doesn't mean winrate. DM hasn't updated his list since the week after the Spring Finals, and his reasons for having Agni in A there was balance. Agni has a decent utility, decent burst, and decent mobility. He has good early mid camp control, but not as good as Poseidon or Eset. Agni is and always has been a focal point of balance, and he's not overpowered. In this tier list, I think A- is appropriate. Poseidon, Eset, Janus, and Neith are the best mid laners right now by a long shot, so they hold the higher spots.

Edit: Why is Vulcan ahead of Agni? Ra I understand, he's a flex point, he can play multiple roles while bringing burst and utility, but Vulcan? He can't play ADC unless your name is Snoopy, he can't play solo because he gets bullied by Tyr, Hercules, and hunters, so mid is his game, and even then, the other top mid laners bully him. I don't see his burst as reliable either. Maybe B+ or A-?
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by TheGenocideLord » June 3, 2015 3:10pm | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

P/B ratio doesn't mean winrate. DM hasn't updated his list since the week after the Spring Finals, and his reasons for having Agni in A there was balance. Agni has a decent utility, decent burst, and decent mobility. He has good early mid camp control, but not as good as Poseidon or Eset. Agni is and always has been a focal point of balance, and he's not overpowered. In this tier list, I think A- is appropriate. Poseidon, Eset, Janus, and Neith are the best mid laners right now by a long shot, so they hold the higher spots.

Edit: Why is Vulcan ahead of Agni? Ra I understand, he's a flex point, he can play multiple roles while bringing burst and utility, but Vulcan? He can't play ADC unless your name is Snoopy, he can't play solo because he gets bullied by Tyr, Hercules, and hunters, so mid is his game, and even then, the other top mid laners bully him. I don't see his burst as reliable either. Maybe B+ or A-?

I agree that P/B doesn't mean win rate, but P/B is the pros' way of saying "we either get this character or no one does because we realize that he/she is very potent." That's why gods like Poseidon, Athena, Sylvanus, Serqet, and Bellona all have high P/B ratios. Imo, gods that have higher P/B ratios than others are just people realizing that character has a higher priority than others. I mean, there's a reason that Zeus, AMC, etc. had low P/B ratios. Also, pros in both games in which I follow the competitive scene (SSB4 and Smite) always see how often the character is used as a big factor in deciding the character's placement. Besides, neutral A tier IS supposed to be for the characters that are the point of balance, just like Agni lol. A- is basically a way of saying: "these characters should be in B, but since they're very popular and win more than 50% of matchups they can barely reach a tier with an A in it." This is not the case with Agni as he is a powerful asset in securing jungle objectives and teamfights and is one of the only mages to have a true escape.
What my yearbook quote should be: "Fluorine Uranium Carbon Potassium Ytrrium Oxygen Uranium Bismuth Technetium Einsteinium"

TheGenocideLord

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 3, 2015 4:02pm | Report
ALERT: DM updated his list. Worth taking a look at the list at smitetierlist.com, as well as watching the video, even if it doesn't correlate to this list. Also, I've heard people saying he should updated; well, he has.

@thegenocidelord, A tier in this list is the meta. S is broken. This doesn't correlate to DM's rankings, which are used in both Smite and SSB4 as staple ranking definitions. Agni is neither broken nor the mid meta, so A- is acceptable. Agni is good, sure, but he is no longer a priority pick, especially in North America. Sure, Lawbster has a nasty Agni, but no other mid laners consistently value Agni over other picks.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 3, 2015 5:12pm | Report
Quick note: USAGE =/= VIABILITY. A terrible god could be blatantly overused, or a fantastic god could be untouched, but it still doesn't change that they're terrible/fantastic. Usage only matters when it comes to opposing match-ups.

S rank isn't really for broken gods; it's more of that tier where if the meta shifts any more into their favor, that they will be broken. In other words, S-rank Gods, except for one or two, most likely aren't gonna get nerfed, or if they are, it will be slight. S+ is reserved for the gods that are actually broken, where we KNOW they're getting the nerf hammer, like most release gods.

Ooh, I'm really tempted now to have a joke tier above S that showcases the most overpowered god from any moment in SMITE history, like the "God of Gods" rank or something. Obviously, it would be release-date Guan Yu, until some new god comes out and completely destroys it. Then again, it'd be a joke tier, so it's most likely not gonna happen.

Agni is most likely going to stay in A- for a while, and change almost exclusively by metagame changes.

As for Vulcan, I want to get a few more opinions on him first - the thread is out of its "scramble to patch up the holes the six-month-AFK guy made" stage and onto the more fine-tuned bits, so I'm not going to do any more quick changes unless it's actually really obvious. I'll add him to the Gods to Discuss section in the OP, though.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 3, 2015 5:23pm | Report
Release Day Nemesis could be on the same level as Release Guan. Stealing 15% of anyone's power instantly, becoming entirely immune to damage and healing from it for a second, stealing 50% move speed from level 5, having a 40% 3 sec slow on a 7 sec cooldown in a big AoE with I think around 300 + 100% scalings damage...etc.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 3, 2015 5:40pm | Report
@sub
This was Nemesis's original kit.
Passive: autos steal 5% power up to 3 stacks
Swift Vengeance: Basically the same
Slice and Dice: Also pretty much the same, maybe some number buffs or nerfs, although slowing 50% at all levels
Retribution: "Nemesis activates a temporary shield around herself that protects her from all incoming damage for a duration. Nemesis heals for a percentage of damage that was mitigated and a percentage of any damage received from gods and minions while the shield is active is reflected back to the source (pre-mitigation). Hard crowd control will terminate the shield. Damage Reflect: 30/35/40/45/50% of damage received. Healing: 30/35/40/45/50% of damage received. Duration: 1s. Cost: 60/65/70/75/80. Cooldown: 12s."
Divine Judgement: "Nemesis chooses a single enemy god, reducing their health and movement speed and stealing a portion of their protections for a time period. Her movement speed is also increased during this time. Damage: 30/35/40/45/50% of current HP. Protections: 30/35/40/45/50%. Move Speed: 30/35/40/45/50%. Target Default Duration: 5s. Nemesis Buff Duration: 10s: Cost: 90/95/100/105/110. Cooldown: 90s."
I don't think that's as bad as release Guan Yu or PTS Bellona. The biggest issue was her status as a warrior.
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » June 3, 2015 5:51pm | Report
No, release Nemesis was way worse than Bellona. Maybe not Guan Yu, but definitely worse than Bellona.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }