Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread 353 posts - page 12 of 36
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 4, 2015 10:39am | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

On this thread, can we stick to high-level experience, so that the thread isn't all personal anecdotes? You may have great success with Agni in your conquest matches, but that doesn't mean that the competitive viability tier list changes. I like Agni too, he's my favorite mid laner and my go-to in the role, but I realize that overall, a Poseidon or Janus will be better in a competitive game than an Agni will.
Agni was my go to mid laner when I played league and you keep using the same excuse to try to make Agni seem as though he will lose to a Janus or Pos, Agni out zones them and will win to them without them having help to defeat him.

The same excuse you keep spamming is stick to high level play, first off I was not using low level play and I even said I am not talking about the match but what the players even said.

Also you assume I never played gods in league on PC? lololololololol

Agni = go to mid laner anytime I want to win
Agni = go to 1 v 1 god any time I want to win

it does not matter if you suck, if you are pro, if you play casual or comp

The same god is still going to **** on people just the same

You keep spamming about low level matches, #1 I wasn't using low level matches to prove Agni was good, show me where I was using low level matches to prove Agni is better than a Pos or Janus

#2 You assume I never played with Agni in league lololol

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » June 4, 2015 10:40am | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

On this thread, can we stick to high-level experience, so that the thread isn't all personal anecdotes? You may have great success with Agni in your conquest matches, but that doesn't mean that the competitive viability tier list changes. I like Agni too, he's my favorite mid laner and my go-to in the role, but I realize that overall, a Poseidon or Janus will be better in a competitive game than an Agni will.

Well said
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 4, 2015 10:44am | Report
And I EXPLAINED why Agni is better

You tried to say Agni has less zoning than POS???

Um, no.

I faced POS all the time and I can ensure you that once Agni hits level 5 Pos will not out zone him, they are about even in zoning.

Pos only has more instant burst if Agni doesn't Aegis

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 4, 2015 10:45am | Report
I...never said that you never played Smite on PC, I never said that you didn't play league ever. Not sure where this conversation is going but it doesn't belong here. This thread is about competitive viability, not "ICEN's most winning characters". That probably belongs on your tier list, which there is a thread for. The evidence on this thread is diamond or masters league games as well as pro league games.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 4, 2015 10:50am | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

I...never said that you never played Smite on PC, I never said that you didn't play league ever. Not sure where this conversation is going but it doesn't belong here. This thread is about competitive viability, not "ICEN's most winning characters". That probably belongs on your tier list, which there is a thread for. The evidence on this thread is diamond or masters league games as well as pro league games.
OMG

I gave ****ING REASONS why Agni is better than almost all mages

You gave me two small reasons on two gods

Maybe you didn't see a big *** list I wrote on why Agni is better but just because you didn't read it doesn't mean I didn't just GIVE YOU a list of why Agni is better. You keep using whack *** excuses like "its not who you do good with"

Sorry when did I say Agni was good because I do good with him??? Please show me where I said that

Maybe you just can't deal with the list I gave you of why Agni is better

Want to change my mind?

Go through the list of mages Vs Agni and please explain why Agni loses or is lower tier than all the other mages.

PLEASE go down the list and give the reasons on why they either beat Agni or Agni is worst then them.

I gave you reasons, you just said two small things and think that makes your reasoning superior to mine, sorry I gave a bunch of reaons why Agni is better, you just said two things.

Now make a list of all the mages and tell me why Agni is worst and give your reasons why

Give me good reasons why each mage is better or Agni is lower tier than them and I will change my mind if they click with my brain.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 4, 2015 10:53am | Report
Here I will make a list of why other mages is not as good as Agni: I will post it in a little bit, don't make another whack *** excuse like "Because you do good with Agni doesn't make him good"

I'm giving you a big ***ssss list, so no excuse when I give you a **** ton of reasons that makes Agni better or not worst than every single mage in the game.

Deal with the reasons or come up with a list of your own reasons VS ever other mage in the game of why Agni is not as good or lower tier.

You keep making excuse but you fail to make a list yourself of why Agni isn't as good, you say two small things and think that defeats all 30+ reasons I made because your 2 little reasons make up for 30+ reasons of why Agni is good or better.

The list

List every single mage in the game, give reasons why Agni is worst or not as good

I will list every mage int he game and list every reason why Agni is just as good and probably better than just about every mage in the game.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 4, 2015 10:55am | Report
Ah Puch has better sustain and cc, and is currently the master of zoning.
Neith is one of the best mid laners, can zone Agni with Unravel, and clears sooner than him.
Janus has better mobility, better rotations, more burst, and more utility. Agni provides nothing but damage and cc, Janus helps his team with every ability but his clear/burst.
Eset is a counter matchup for Agni. The only reason he wins lane is Noxious Fumes to counter Wing Gust's clear.
Scylla has better burst, better cc, and an amazing escape that provides utility in vision.
Chronos has the best escape, better late game damage, and better cc.
Kukulkan is safer.
Poseidon is a better zoner, due to the long lasting damage and cripple he provides. Zoning is not damage, it is circles, and Poseidon has more zoning.
Ra has more utility.
Happy? Agni is BALANCED.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 4, 2015 10:58am | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

Ah Puch has better sustain and cc, and is currently the master of zoning.
Neith is one of the best mid laners, can zone Agni with Unravel, and clears sooner than him.
Janus has better mobility, better rotations, more burst, and more utility. Agni provides nothing but damage and cc, Janus helps his team with every ability but his clear/burst.
Eset is a counter matchup for Agni. The only reason he wins lane is Noxious Fumes to counter Wing Gust's clear.
Scylla has better burst, better cc, and an amazing escape that provides utility in vision.
Chronos has the best escape, better late game damage, and better cc.
Kukulkan is safer.
Poseidon is a better zoner, due to the long lasting damage and cripple he provides. Zoning is not damage, it is circles, and Poseidon has more zoning.
Ra has more utility.
Happy? Agni is BALANCED.
Yes I'm happy now

I'll give my reasons why Agni is better than mostly all of them after I play a few smite games because if I keep posting I will be on here forever. Be back after a few games.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 4, 2015 10:59am | Report
You...already gave your reasons...
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 4, 2015 11:53am | Report
FemFatalis is saying your opinions don't matter, ICEN. Because you're not in Plat plus.

Also:

Neith clears slower than Agni since his level 1 dash instantly clears the minion waves on its own if you account for his passive.

Chronos' escape is unreliable and has a large cooldown. Unless you're talking about his speed buff, which is kind of meh.

Janus' escape is conditional. It's not strictly better, as he does have to get to a wall and then hope that enemies don't have a leap or he picked a really good wall, while Agni's dash goes a long way. In 80% of situations, they'll do their jobs equally well.

Scylla has ****py burst. It's only 260% of her AP. It's bad compared to other mages. Agni matches it or beats it depending on how many ults he can hit, and he has a stun on top of that. Isis beats it with minimum damage on her ult and stun ball.

Poseidon's zoning is not necessarily better. Just different - cripple and pull versus stun. Both of them aren't going to be used to zone, anyway, unless it's to cover a retreat, because who the **** would use it to "zone" when you can just lockdown and instaburst enemies? If anything, Agni's better at zoning because he will at least conceivably use his meteors to prevent enemies from escaping, forcing them to move away for a split second, and his dash is a zoning tool if only because it can chain into another instaunavoidablestun.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }