Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread 353 posts - page 13 of 36
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 4, 2015 12:52pm | Report
What I cannot understand is how one simply picks Agni in lane and thinks to themselves "I am Agni and I am a worst god than Janus/Isis/Pos/ect"

I went into jungle practice to make sure what I am saying is correct and the same thing as before is still true.

Agni out ranges just about every mage in the game and every god in the game.

Played perfectly Agni is almost unbeatable 1 on 1 because he out ranges everyone.

Without active items like Blink nobody no mages can touch Agni.

Agni's meteors are a good 3+ feet extra than all mages standard abilities.

That means in lane Agni is always superior to every single mage if you camp out the range.

If you perfectly stay out of their range that means they can LITERALLY never hit you while you can LITERALLY always hit them.

Its not an opinion, its a fact, I can post screen shots that Agni's meteor AOE out ranges every single mage/god probably (I didn't go through every god but based on all the gods I went through, Janus, Hebo, ect its safe to assume he probably outranges the longest range of all mages basic abilities).

And because of the unmatched Raged poke I cannot understand how anyone who plays Agni could not go into their lane thinking they should come out dominate. Everytime I used Agni the mere fact that his poke out ranges all basic abilities allows me to abuse his advantage.

So lets just keep a few things in mind

#1 - Agni's meteors which cost no mana, have big AOE, and keep coming back also out range all regular abilities in the game from mages. Based upon this alone means that Agni when camped is literally UNTOUCHABLE if camped.

There is no arguing that, without active items like blink, Agni is untouchable literally if you have his range perfected. Nobody can touch you while you can touch them.

The easiest way to say that is like I said before, its like someone holding a gun 30 feet away and you have a sword, the person with the gun can win as long as they stay at the distance you can't touch them from.

#2 - Only ULTS can match Agni's range or out range Agni and out of all the ults from mages only a few can match Agni's range or out range it.

Examples of this

Vulcans ult
Ra's ult

So it is a FACT that Agni is untouchable in terms of basic ability range and no use of active items like blink, just strait based on kit alone Agni is untouchable in rage from other mages if you play Agni campy. Agni's poke always win in range against all other mage basic abilities that are not ults.

Now lets bring their ults into play.

Lets assume that every mage in the game is level 5 against Agni.

Like I said, all NON ULTS from other mages cannot out reach Agni's meteors, therefor without the use of any mages Ult they can LITERALLY NEVER touch Agni if Agni is playing ranged/campy against them while Agni can touch them.

Well here is the problem, Agni can stack 3 ults and they keep coming back every 20 seconds without cooldown items where the few gods that actually have a ult that can match his range or out range Agni, have their ults on huge cooldowns and their ults are harder to hit.

For example a Vulcan Ult, Vulcan's ult out ranges Agni but it has tons of travel time, does less damage the closer it hits and Agni will see it coming since Vulcan will be camped back.

Ra's ult is the better long ranged ult, it has a start up time but is easily able to hit Agni, however once its used it goes on CD and Agni can have 3 stacked ranged ults.

Here is a list of mages who cannot touch Agni with their basic abilities
- Every mage in the game

This means in order to kill a Agni who plays to out range you and camp is to
A: Get your team to kill him
B: Buy Blink then do an ability
C: Use an escape then an ability (but agni can counter it with his own escape)
D: Use an ult

Regular abilities will never touch Agni while he has meteors because he simply out ranges everything

Some mages cannot touch Agni at all even with their entire kit

Agni's ult is basically an regular ability because of its cooldown, that is why I am saying without basic abilities other gods can pretty much never touch Agni because he simply out ranges them with constant meteors.

It would be different if Agni's ult was like every ult in the game that went on a long cooldown but the fact you can keep spamming it makes Agni untouchable until you get your ult and even with the ult its likely those gods will not land the ult besides like Ra.

Lastly, all mages who camp are literally camping, when Agni camps he is not camping

- When mages are camping they are literally camping because they are far back then have to move forward to come after you

- When Agni is camping he is never literally camping because at any moment he can be in your face and cover that distance instantly to take you down

No other mage can instantly be in your face without the use of actives like blink, no other mage can go from camping hardcore to in your face killing you.

You could try to say someone like Syclla but her escape move is to slow compared to Agni's which is harder to react to.

Its very simple: played to perfection Agni should not lose based on his ranged meteors acting as though they are a regular ability that can be spammed.

Assuming someone plays Agni to where they are in range to do damage to the other mage but stay out of their range for that mage to damage Agni please explain how for those mages it is possible for them to ever win against Agni without the use of blink?

Its literally impossible based on logic, the only reason people can beat Agni in the first place is because #1 nobody plays Agni perfect, #2 people don't abuse the range, #3 Agni can be ganked by 4 people, #5 Active items like blink exist.

But based on kit alone Agni for the most part should be untouchable.

I challenge anyone here to explain who can actually touch Agni that is a mage taking into account he outranges almost all gods in the game and has an escape of his own.

Make a list of gods who can actually touch Agni and list the ability that can out range his meteors, talking about mages.

Then after you have your super small list, realize how easy will that ult hit Agni compared to how easy will Agni's ult hit you over and over with short cooldowns while that ult has a long cooldown.

Vulcans ult = Agni will dash out easily and see it coming because of super horrible travel time
Ra's ult = one of the ults that will probably kill Agni from a distance

Those are the main two I think of from the top of my head, what ults will actually get Agni before he can react fast enough to dash???

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by dacoqrs » June 4, 2015 12:59pm | Report
Let me just jump in and say this:

Things I like about Agni
- Amazing initiate
- Insanely fast dash
- Hard to juke stun
Things I don't like about Agni
- Small range outside of his ult
- Chasing with your dash gives you no escape options
- Combos are incredibly predictable

TLDR: Good in teamfights, horrible in 1v1.
Thanks to Ferrum for making the sig pic! He's beast af people.
IGN: BestJanusNA
What I'm listening to right now: Derp -Bassjackers

dacoqrs

Prominent (40)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 4, 2015 1:06pm | Report
dacoqrs wrote:

Let me just jump in and say this:

Things I like about Agni
- Amazing initiate
- Insanely fast dash
- Hard to juke stun
Things I don't like about Agni
- Small range outside of his ult
- Chasing with your dash gives you no escape options
- Combos are incredibly predictable

TLDR: Good in teamfights, horrible in 1v1.
Eh... more like worst in team fights and better at 1 on 1. I rarely die to 1 on 1, I die more in team fights.

I already proved based on all abilities range that 1 on 1 Agni is superior based on range camp without the use or Blink and only gods like Ra/Vulcan could ever try to match his range, and out of those only Ra would probably be able to kill him with the ult in time before Agni dashes away from the ult.

I mean if this was real life crime Agni would be easily better.

Which gun shoots further?
Would anyone argue that a rifle would be more effective from a distance meaning someone with a pistol would most likely lose from a distance?

Likewise if this was real life would anyone actually argue that if Agni camps he is basically always going to win because he has more range?

Like I said, 1 on 1 based on kit alone Agni is superior because of range to almost all gods in the game and clearly better than most mages.

Agni is better in 1 on 1 and worst in team fights, when I say worst I mean more likely to die in a team fight, Agni is not more likely to die in a 1 v 1 that is what he is best at...

Agni is good in team fights for the same reason he is good 1 on 1

However Agni is more likely to die in a team fight, Agni is will pretty much never lose 1 on 1 unless you play stupid

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 4, 2015 1:14pm | Report
Here is my challenge to anyone on this forum

I will give free Codes out if anyone wins this challenge

1 on 1 Joust

Rules: You cannot use Blink and you cannot use Ra

I am making a challenge that nobody can touch Agni without using Blink or Ra.

When I say touch I mean kill me with any other Mage and win Joust.

Has to be a mage because I am talking about mages
Has to be a mage other than Ra because I said that only Ra's ult is capable of touching Agni.

I am making this challenge to prove that any mage you pick that is not Ra will never be able to touch Agni once Agni hits level 5 and its 1 on 1.

Agni's ult out ranges all basic abilities from all mages
The Mages that have ults will not touch Agni if he is playing smart

The overall idea is that 1 on 1, Agni is almost untouchable and Agni will always get you before you get him. Therefor it should be super unlikely for Agni to ever lose 1 on 1 against majority of gods in the game.

Like I said, only Blink or ults or team fights can counter this or playing badly with Agni.

That is why Blink and Ra is off limits.

If your saying you NEED BLINK than you are proving Agni is untouchable based on kit alone.

Like I said I will give out FREE CODES if anyone accepts this challenge and wins.

Agni is higher than A-

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » June 4, 2015 1:32pm | Report
Didnt read the whole list, because stoped at Chronos he really have a place at A+ in the current meta. 2 adcs+ 2 tanks + mid chronos is really often picked atm.
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 4, 2015 1:35pm | Report
Lol @Icen, Chronos or Hel can beat Agni in a 1 on 1 joust even if the player is playing at a lower skill level, they're just completely unbalanced for that game type.

Ult range aside, in joust 1v1's you're going to counter build against the god you're facing. Against a mage you're obligated to build some magic defense and once that's been done Agni can't burst down most mages in the game just with his ult. Chronos and Hel in particular can just heal back the damage, but there are tons of gods that can destroy Agni in a 1v1 joust situation.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 4, 2015 1:54pm | Report
Zilby wrote:

Lol @Icen, Chronos or Hel can beat Agni in a 1 on 1 joust even if the player is playing at a lower skill level, they're just completely unbalanced for that game type.

Ult range aside, in joust 1v1's you're going to counter build against the god you're facing. Against a mage you're obligated to build some magic defense and once that's been done Agni can't burst down most mages in the game just with his ult. Chronos and Hel in particular can just heal back the damage, but there are tons of gods that can destroy Agni in a 1v1 joust situation.
How is Chronos going to get in range to destory Agni?

:D

How is hel gonna get in range to destory Agni?

:D

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 4, 2015 2:31pm | Report
Can we stop talking about this BS on this thread? You issuing challenges 1v1ing you does not matter! It has no relevance to the tier list at hand! And you saying that Chronos and Hel will not win a Joust versus Agni simply because they cannot outrange him shows how little you know about the important portions of that game mode.

As Zilby so articulately and concisely said, a 1v1 is not the way to show this. Agni has relevance in teamfights, as do all mages. He simply doesn't do it as well.

@sub, Agni's fast clear is riskier than Backflip into Spirit Arrow. They both clear fast, Agni just has to put himself in a bad position to do it.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 4, 2015 2:56pm | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

Can we stop talking about this BS on this thread? You issuing challenges 1v1ing you does not matter! It has no relevance to the tier list at hand! And you saying that Chronos and Hel will not win a Joust versus Agni simply because they cannot outrange him shows how little you know about the important portions of that game mode.

As Zilby so articulately and concisely said, a 1v1 is not the way to show this. Agni has relevance in teamfights, as do all mages. He simply doesn't do it as well.

@sub, Agni's fast clear is riskier than Backflip into Spirit Arrow. They both clear fast, Agni just has to put himself in a bad position to do it.
I said mages not hunters

Funny, nobody can prove how good any of the mages are by playing them against me, cool.

Prove to me that Chronos and hel will beat AGNI, beat me and you proved it

You can say Chronos and hel will beat Agni all you want, I'm saying Agni will **** on them

and if your not brave enough to prove yourself with the god then thats not my fault your all scared

Lol

Show me how little I know about that game mode by beating me with Chronos and hel

Until then all your doing is talking

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 4, 2015 3:01pm | Report
ICEN, Sub said something. I was responding to it. This conversation doesn't revolve around you. Also, beating you proves nothing other than "I'm a better Chronos than your Agni" which is not. the. point. If we see consistent evidence from top players that gods are better than one another, then the tier list will change. Your form of proof doesn't change the standards of this tier list. Not sure how many times we have to say it.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }