Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread 353 posts - page 4 of 36
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 2, 2015 10:38am | Report
Hou Yi's bounce clear is not reliable enough to do it.

If you are left alone you can obviously do it but with someone like Ymir/Athena you won't be able to do it because you'll get taunted/frozen when you get close enough to get the right angle.

You will get zoned out from the bounce unless you have a certain angle in which you can camp back.

That is why when you watch the pros play Hou Yi they just shoot strait into the wave 85% of the time instead of bouncing it into archers, because you have to get close enough for the bounce which the aggressive supports stop you from doing.

Without the bounce Hou Yi's clear is not that good, after a few levels though his clear is good enough to not matter much.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 2, 2015 11:00am | Report
Anubis has AoE melting but so does Janus and Pos, only they're more reliable and do it safer and quicker.

Why melt when you can burst?

Don't say "one of the best" and expect that to fly, because Ursaring has the best Facade in the game and it's not exactly top tier. Any well-played AoE burst mage can dominate a teamfight, so he's not distinguishable in that regard.

Versatility also requires you being good at the role. Theoretically, any god can go anywhere, but true versatility means that they have to do that role competently, and Zeus isn't it. Or in other words, I'm saying that Zeus is so bad right now that I cannot believe he can perform mid OR side-lane carry well enough that anyone would even entertain his use in a serious game.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 2, 2015 11:28am | Report
Which is why they're A+ or A and Anubis is C-D.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 2, 2015 12:17pm | Report
Even Incon AFK's support called Anubis "Strong" but "risky"

You guys love talking about that Anubis lol, I think even Brandon's tier list had Anubis at like B tier?

And those people don't even like Anubis that much....

Anubis is not low tier, at worst he is C and that is at bare minimum hating on him.

Skip to 17:00 Minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YI027HGlf0&feature=youtu.be

You guys are hating on Anubis way to hard, I can at least accept a B even though I still think he is slightly stronger than that.

But you guys are trying to stick Anubis waaaaay lower than he should be.

Why do you guys keep bringing up channeled abilities as though you cannot cancel them?

By that same logic HADES should be in the same tier as Anubis since hades ult stands still and by that same logic Cabrakan is in the same tier since tremors makes him stand still.

You know there is this thing in smite called "canceling your abilties", I know some people are not bright enough to cancel out an ability so they don't get hit but realize it exist and gods are not FORCED to stand still like people try to make it seem.

- Hades
- Cabrakan
- Anubis

Are not FORCED to stand still, they can choose to their abilities early if they wish too.

Anubis is not C or lower

Also I doubt ranked Que would help much being that even when I played league and had Anubis my highest win rate god in League people still made up excuses like "lucky" "played against garbage team".

The only difference is now I can record on Xbox when league comes out

But I am pretty sure once I have Anubis with a high win rate and even record the gameplay people will come up with another excuse and that will be "Xbox players are bad"

When it comes to Anubis no amount of doing good with him will ever chance someones mind.

You either
- Like Anubis, think he is strong and decent to high tier but not top
or
- Hate Anubis, think he is lowest tier or almost lowest tier

I am in the boat that Anubis is B tier at least and C tier at bare minimum if you hate on him

*lets stop talking about goobis* because of now, nobody will agree on Goobis and I don't agree with anything under B for goobis.

better of bringing up other gods for now

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 2, 2015 12:21pm | Report
Anubis is currently C tier on Diem's list, please listen to his video with Allied as to why. Cabrakan and Hades are inherently tanky, so they can take more damage.

For the last time: PERSONAL ANECDOTES DON'T MATTER UNLESS YOU ARE A PLATINUM+ LEVEL PLAYER WITH OTHER PLATINUM+ LEVEL PLAYERS. Your games are not the end-all be-all as to who is good and who is bad, especially not on XBox, which, yes, is full of inexperienced players.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 2, 2015 12:33pm | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

Anubis is currently C tier on Diem's list, please listen to his video with Allied as to why. Cabrakan and Hades are inherently tanky, so they can take more damage.

For the last time: PERSONAL ANECDOTES DON'T MATTER UNLESS YOU ARE A PLATINUM+ LEVEL PLAYER WITH OTHER PLATINUM+ LEVEL PLAYERS. Your games are not the end-all be-all as to who is good and who is bad, especially not on XBox, which, yes, is full of inexperienced players.
Maybe you didn't catch what I said but I played on PC before league

Anubis will **** on hades, if you think hades is better than Goobis that **** is funny.

Like I always say, I am on SMITE ALL THE TIME, I will be waiting for any challengers

ICEN has done this many times, you know I been on the forum a while back and when these arguments come up I always reply the same "Come play conquest with me and well see about that"

Funny thing is, everyone is too scared to play Smite with me to prove any points, the only thing people do on reddit and other forums is make **** up and when I invite them to games they magically never come.

Just like all the people who say Agni sucks *** 1 on 1 and when I 1v1 them with Agni they get destroyed.

#1 - who are you ?
#2 - I'm on smite right now I challenge any one on this forum to get on Xbox and shame me
#3 - If your not coming then don't say "blah blah doesn't matter"

If nothing we say matters this ****ing thread is POINTLESS because its all about opinions twisted on facts.

The difference is I don't just be on forums saying I think a god is good , I actually play Smite and **** on people with the gods I say are good.

So yea, I can link you to reddit threads where people talk a bunch of **** but NONE of them get on Smite when I tell them to.

- Any time
- Any day
- Any where

I will do 5 conquest goobis matches in a row

For those who remember the last challenge I did a while back

Don't I recall a long time ago on PC I made a thread where I said I would play 5 RANKED CONQUEST matches in a row and go positive/win with Anubis???

And I even screenshotted it so there is no way to cheat and I won all 5 games and went positive.

Like wise I will make the same challenge.

When League comes out on Xbox, I will **** and when I say **** I mean I will **** on conquest matches with Anubis and then upload it to this very forum like before.

It is JUNE 2nd 2015 Everyone remember this day because when League comes out on Xbox and I have Anubis on G status please tell me how he is garbage, you won't have no excuse when I am 15-3 in Ranked League with Goobis and anyone that wants to talk smack on Noobis can come get at me on Smite.

Only 3 people in the history of playing Smite have ever actually 1 v 1'd me from a forum, I **** on them all.

I'll add any of you to my list if you want then record it so everyone can see.

*Lets go*

You pushed mah buttons by saying "your **** don't matter", okay than, hop on xbox and I will destroy your bastest any day of the week.

If your not coming on Xbox than don't say **** to me unless you are looking to prove it.

If you don't have a Xbox than thats too bad I guess we can't play 1v1 or Conquest.

But for those of you have a Xbox and try talking **** about Noobis I will be waiting!!!

You know where to find me

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 2, 2015 12:34pm | Report
So this thread is STUPID because if nobody's **** matters why make this stupid *** thread?

Pointless, I'll be waiting though.

Anubis will **** on hades any day of the week, if any of you want to test it come on the Box and find out

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 2, 2015 12:35pm | Report
@sub @talenheim @zilby Please take this, I have no words.
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 2, 2015 12:36pm | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

@sub @talenheim @zilby Please take this, I have no words.
Scared all of a sudden? I thought you would be, everyone is scared when Icen tries to invite them to games.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 2, 2015 12:36pm | Report
The point of this thread is for the community to come together and make decisions based on high-level conquest results from top-level players. It's the meta, it's not "characters ICEN can wreck with most of the time". And characters are not in higher or lower tiers because they can beat each other; Hades is a solo, Anubis is a mid. 1v1ing the two characters does not determine their placement lol.

I have no XBox lol and 1v1ing the gods would not be beneficial to this thread.
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }