Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread 353 posts - page 10 of 36
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 3, 2015 5:57pm | Report
Agreed. I personally think Guan Yu upon release is the most OP god ever let into the game. Bellona on the PTS doesn't count.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 3, 2015 8:37pm | Report
I want to point out that Anubis' Q does more damage than Ao Kuang's ultimate with the same build.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 3, 2015 8:54pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

I want to point out that Anubis' Q does more damage than Ao Kuang's ultimate with the same build.

Some of us hath rebound our keys sire, which ability doth thou talketh about?
(also Ao Kuang's ult isn't really meant for damage it's an execution, did you mean Kukulkan's?)
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 3, 2015 8:58pm | Report
Oh, **** me. Yeah, you got it on the nose.

Kukulkhan's ult does like 800 + 120% scalings at max rank, and Anubis' Plague of Locusts has 240% scalings and 570 base damage at max rank.

800 magical power on Kukulkan's ult is 960 + 800 raw damage. (total 1760)

700 magical power (accounting for passive) on Anubis would deal 1680 + 570 raw damage. (total 2250)

In literally any other MOBA, that would be completely broken as ****, but in Smite, not so much.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DucksRock » June 3, 2015 9:06pm | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

@sub
This was Nemesis's original kit.
Passive: autos steal 5% power up to 3 stacks
Swift Vengeance: Basically the same
Slice and Dice: Also pretty much the same, maybe some number buffs or nerfs, although slowing 50% at all levels
Retribution: "Nemesis activates a temporary shield around herself that protects her from all incoming damage for a duration. Nemesis heals for a percentage of damage that was mitigated and a percentage of any damage received from gods and minions while the shield is active is reflected back to the source (pre-mitigation). Hard crowd control will terminate the shield. Damage Reflect: 30/35/40/45/50% of damage received. Healing: 30/35/40/45/50% of damage received. Duration: 1s. Cost: 60/65/70/75/80. Cooldown: 12s."
Divine Judgement: "Nemesis chooses a single enemy god, reducing their health and movement speed and stealing a portion of their protections for a time period. Her movement speed is also increased during this time. Damage: 30/35/40/45/50% of current HP. Protections: 30/35/40/45/50%. Move Speed: 30/35/40/45/50%. Target Default Duration: 5s. Nemesis Buff Duration: 10s: Cost: 90/95/100/105/110. Cooldown: 90s."
I don't think that's as bad as release Guan Yu or PTS Bellona. The biggest issue was her status as a warrior.

Didn't the ultimate deal 50/55/60/65/70? Cause i remember it dealing 70% at max level
Hi!

I'm DucksRock, But you can call me Ducks.

Kuzenbo rights advocate, guide-making delayer and passionate pop music fan.

Kuzenbo guide coming soon.

DucksRock

Prominent (41)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 3, 2015 9:58pm | Report
Subzero008 wrote:

Oh, **** me. Yeah, you got it on the nose.

Kukulkhan's ult does like 800 + 120% scalings at max rank, and Anubis' Plague of Locusts has 240% scalings and 570 base damage at max rank.

800 magical power on Kukulkan's ult is 960 + 800 raw damage. (total 1760)

700 magical power (accounting for passive) on Anubis would deal 1680 + 570 raw damage. (total 2250)

In literally any other MOBA, that would be completely broken as ****, but in Smite, not so much.

Not to mention that Kukulkan's Spirit of the Nine Winds is a single hit, so it wouldn't have any penetration procs from Spear of the Magus (assuming spear is being used given that it's Kukulkan and Anubis) if it wasn't used in tandem with Whirlwind. Meanwhile Plague of Locusts would get the penetration bonus for extra damage almost immediately. And yet Anubis remains a C tier god...

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 3, 2015 10:04pm | Report
The reason why he's in C is because pretty much every god does an insane amount of damage, and so something that's like Anubis is weak because that amount of damage he deals is just overkill, so he gets basically nothing in exchange for all of his weaknesses. (the idea is having weaknesses for strength, but when you "strength" isn't really a strength, well...)

He can blow up people, sure, but other gods can still blow up people safer, faster, and more reliably, and usually with AoE ********.

In Pokemon, it would be the equivalent of Head Smash Choice Band Corsola. It's stupidly strong but is incredibly impractical for various reasons, like damage, recoil, sustainability, and reliability in a team of six where it would likely only survive for a turn.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » June 3, 2015 10:11pm | Report
So what you're saying is that my choice band head smash aggron from pokemon x and y was a bad idea?

Because it was.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Subzero008 » June 3, 2015 10:50pm | Report
This is why I think the more balanced metagames of LoL and Dawngate and such are by far superior to Smite. The environment is more forgiving, so more niches are possible.

If an environment becomes too hostile, eventually, everything has to become a predator of something, as opposed to a biome where scavengers, predators, herbivores, parasites, etc, can thrive.

Subzero008

Renowned (112)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 3, 2015 10:51pm | Report
Quick update, had this moved to the Theorycrafting subforum.

Since this has been a topic of interest as of late, I think that it's time to vote for Anubis's rise to C+/B-.

Your vote should look like one of the following three options:

Anubis: Stay.

Anubis: Rise, C+.

Anubis: Rise, B-.

Simply put, majority wins. Try to ignore all bias while deciding your vote. Since this is the final voting period for this nomination, no reasonings will need to be given, as they should have been said already, if not by you, than by someone else.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }