Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread 353 posts - page 25 of 36
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 8, 2015 1:32pm | Report
Note on Neith: A jungle set might work well, she has the clear and ganking potential to do so, and can even "gank" from across the map if an ally gets an opp down low enough (see: Long lane). Would need to rely on more damage from the laner than others but still

Theorycrafting, in general, is prohibited. This is mainly because A.) there's better areas to discuss it, B.) it clutters the thread with something irrelevant, and C.) it doesn't really pertain to the tierlist unless it's a known fact that it works well. If someone spams Hercules mid in diamond a lot (and effectively) to the point where it's popular, then it could garner enough importance to influence ranking. But not simply in its theorycrafting stage. This also applies to my above statement.

Neith functions greatly in the ADC role mainly since she can afford to be aggressive AND showcases fantastic boxing potential. What she lacks in pure power she makes up for in other things - Unravel acts as both a DPS-lowering agent AND a healing agent, Spirit Arrow allows for some free hits, and Backflip provides weaves that any good Neith can utilize fantastically - Spirit Arrow on a weave could mean half your health gone, your support rooted so he can't do much of anything, and the opposing Support getting an easy setup for a combo, as well as being a sitting duck for Neith's basic attacks, and even if you get out of there, World Weaver can still guarantee the kill if your support isn't in a position to bodyblock, literally or figuatively.

Speaking of which, Neith is the only Hunter that can get fed without leaving lane OR killing the opposing laners, allowing her to put still MORE pressure on the opponent, since she can afford to be in lane and pushing the tower when you cannot.

She also brings a lot to the table for teamfights, even if she loses her lane. Spirit Arrow is still a ranged multiple-target root (AoE with a weave) that's almost Guardian-worthy, Unravel is still an AoE attack speed debuff and heal, Backflip is still a reliable source of weaves, and World Weaver can still pick off retreating, low-level opponents or provide emergency/across-the-map CC.

She's balanced mainly since, as you said, her damage isn't that burst-y (unless you're dumb enough to sit on a weave), and is generally lackluster enough in everything she does to lower her to balanced levels.

Still S rank though, that's not gonna change for a while. :]

I'll bring back up the nominations that were made earlier back:

Ullr to A+
Awilix to A+
Geb to A+
Ah Puch to A: Mainly his lack of escape, since he really only has slows.
Thanatos to A: Not sure about this guy's placement, starting with this nom for now.
Janus to A+: One of the better mage mid-laners ATM.
Vulcan to A-: I remember reading somewhere that they wanted this dropped.
Ymir to A-: Just doesn't seem on par with the rest of A.
Ares to A: Based off the above post.
Chang'e to A: She just FEELS good in this meta, this nom is more of a gut feeling than anything.
Cupid to A: Again, one of the better ADCs in the current meta.
Sobek to B: Heavy competition with Sylvanus, mostly.
Ah Muzen Cab to C-: Disable is nice and all, I think it deserves a small raise.

I'd put FemFatalis' nominations here, but she didn't specifically announce any, just some discussion topics. rip

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 8, 2015 1:46pm | Report
I just wanted to put some comments on ADCs. The rankings are generally the same. Cupid, however, I feel belongs in A- or B+. His early game and zoning potential is really the only good thing about him; he doesn't even counter Xbalanque as well as Rama does.

Can we hold off on an Awilix change until we see more of her in competitive play?
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 9, 2015 4:44pm | Report
Where is Osiris ?

Hes not even on the list lol.

How Viable do you think Osiris is right now?

I have mixed feelings on him because I used to think he was meh, but then sometimes when I dominate with him in a team fight it makes me think he is a little better than just meh.

It seems like certain teams he does well against and others is meh against.

Of course his difficulty also comes into play, I personally think Osiris is hard to play properly.

Assuming someone plays Osiris to the highest of his ability, how viable is he right now, (I am only playing him with the attack speed buff, don't have the defense buff yet).

In solo lane I have beat hades, zhong and hel.

Mages I used to think would be the hardest for Osiris to fight but in the past day I have faced a hades, hel and zhong solo and beat them all so I am thinking mages do not have a super dominate lane against him like I thought or at least the mages I played against thus far.

Hunters seem to be the most annoying to deal with or Guardians like Ymir. Most hunters have escapes and the guardians will CC you off their hunters.

So How viable is Osiris when played to the best of his ability

Osiris dominates against Gods like AMC, and gods with no escapes, that is certain because I dominate with him on anyone who cannot escape tether and the constant slows.

In team fights he seems pretty strong assuming you have a good team comp and you don't get focused by 5 people and bursted. I have played a few games where I could either 3v1 or almost 3v1 with Asi's passive life steal on low HP letting my life steal go through the roof, on top of the attack speed and AOE hit chain giving me alot of hp back.

I am also curious as to how viable Odysseus' Bow is on Osiris as well.

I picked it up a few times and was starting to like it, the fact that when you jump into a fight and pop tether the passive from the Odysseus bow will arch around the team fight while you are life stealing.

However I am not sure if the passive from that bow in a team fight is more worth it or is a different item superior.

Thoughts on Osiris?

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 9, 2015 4:53pm | Report
Uh, all someone needs to do to get out of Judgement Tether is to buy Sprint lol. Anyone with no escapes should buy Sprint or Improved Sprint versus Osiris, and Osiris immediately loses kill potential.

The issue is that Osiris is a mediocre carry, a mediocre bruiser, and an awful tank. His laning phase is meh, he gets poked out pretty easily, and he really only counters some niche solo picks. His jungle is not viable at all.

The gods you beat in lane were all healers, and Lord of the Afterlife means that Osiris does at least somewhat well against healers. Otherwise, I'm guessing it was just player ability. I think Osiris is C right now, maybe even C-.

Nice to have you back, ICEN. I guess the tier list isn't a failure :)
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 9, 2015 5:16pm | Report
I only came back because I seen you guys were listing "opinions" :P

Also, I don't think it was player skill, I am sure its because Osiris can actually kill hades if he ueses his escape to clear.

All I did was use tether every time hades came close and it either forces him to back away or go all in to the wave. If hades goes into the wave he gets stunned, does less damage and I will slow the hell out of him and deal more damage over and over until he can run away again.

If he doesn't waste his escape then he has to use his 2 + 3 to clear.

But if your Osiris you can just camp the archers so any time he gets close you tether and he is forced to run back under tower or get stunned?

I don't know, when I played against hades it seemed like I screwed up his plan a bit.

Also what if Osiris has sprint as well?

But besides sprint when people run away all I did was use the ult to catch back up before they get out of tether.

The only people able to get out of tether is like hunters with escapes like cupid, sprint I could deal with maybe, possibly.

I know almost nobody can 1v1 Osiris at least when I was playing with him it seemed that way

Maybe C as overall but in terms of Solo how viable would he be against other gods

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 9, 2015 5:34pm | Report
Like I said, he has niche matchups. Ah Muzen Cab, Zhong Kui, Hel. That's it, really. Hades can survive an Osiris combo and heal off the wave.
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Talenhiem » June 9, 2015 5:43pm | Report
Agreeing with FemFatalis here; Fantastic against certain matchups but lackluster otherwise, solidifying its role as a niche counterpick. C looks like a good rank for it IMO.

Talenhiem

Prominent (33)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 9, 2015 5:49pm | Report
Lackluster is putting it mildly XD
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 9, 2015 6:11pm | Report
What was the other buff to Osiris was it just extra protections or anything extra?

Did none of those buffs effect his viability?

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 9, 2015 6:20pm | Report
Nothing would affect his viability besides some item buffs (please Qin's Sais) or like an enormous buff to Spirit Flail or Judgement Tether. Something like "everyone in tether radius is slowed by a small percentage" or something. But I don't see him becoming viable anyway; this meta really isn't friendly towards Osiris.
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }