Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

About Hunters and build paths...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » About Hunters and build paths... 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vini_sds » April 18, 2020 5:44pm | Report
Ok, going straight to the point:

I consider that Hunters can be classified into 3 big groups:
• AA Based Hunters (No damaging abilities and/or bad ability scaling, but excelent basic attack buffs)
• Hybrid Hunters (2 damaging abilities with good scaling and maybe a basic attack buff)
• Ability Based Hunters (3/4 damaging abilities with good scaling and no basic attack buffs)

With that classification in mind, I consider 1 build path for each category, with some sub-paths for each one of them.

• AA Based:
Start: Hunter's Blessing, Spiked Gauntlet, potions.
Core: Devourer's Gauntlet, Ninja Tabi, The Executioner.

Sub-Path 1 - Pen:
Devourer's Gauntlet, Ninja Tabi, The Executioner, Qin's Sais, Titan's Bane, Odysseus' Bow, sell boots for Bloodforge or Toxic Blade.

Sub Path 2 - Crit:
Devourer's Gauntlet, Ninja Tabi, The Executioner, Rage, Titan's Bane, Deathbringer, sell boots for Wind Demon.
(Although I’m seeing Poisoned Star being built instead of Deathbringer as a way to counter Spectral Armor).

• Hybrid:
Start: Hunter's Blessing, Morningstar, potions.
Core: Transcendence, Ninja Tabi, Asi.

Sub-Path 1 - Pen:
Transcendence, Ninja Tabi, Asi, The Executioner, Qin's Sais, Titan's Bane, sell boots for Odysseus' Bow or Toxic Blade.

Sub Path 2 - Crit:
Transcendence, Ninja Tabi, Asi, The Executioner, Rage, Deathbringer, sell boots for Wind Demon.
(Can get Poisoned Star instead of Deathbringer).

• Ability Based:
Start 1: Charged Morningstar, Chalice of Healing.
Core 1: Transcendence, Warrior Tabi, The Crusher.

Sub-Path 1 - Pen/Ability Based:
Transcendence, Warrior Tabi, The Crusher, Jotunn's Wrath, Heartseeker, Titan's Bane, sell boots for Bloodforge.

Start 2: Hunter's Blessing, Morningstar, potions.
Core 2: Transcendence, Ninja Tabi, Asi.

Sub-Path 2: Pen/AA Based:
Transcendence, Ninja Tabi, Asi, The Executioner, Qin's Sais, Titan's Bane, sell boots for Odysseus' Bow.
(Can also skip Asi to go straight into The Executioner and get Bloodforge last item).

Sub Path 3 - Crit:
Transcendence, Ninja Tabi, Asi, The Executioner, Fail-Not, Malice, sell boots for Titan's Bane or Wind Demon.

Now, all that is left is to categorize hunters:
• AA Based:
Anhur
Cernunnos
Jing Wei
Rama

• Hybrid:
Apollo
Artemis
Chernobog
Cupid
Hachiman
Hou Yi
Izanami
Medusa
Xbalanque

• Ability Based:
Ah Muzen Cab
Chiron
Heimdallr
Neith
Skadi
Ullr

With that, my two questions are:
1. Are my build paths correct?
2. Are the gods categorized correctly?

Vini_sds
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by DV-8 » April 18, 2020 5:58pm | Report
Solid work, Vini.

The builds look good to me overall. I tend to favor Asi as a late game Boot replacement over Bloodforge, but that's based more on preference.

For the Ability Based Hunters, another popular item is Brawler's Beat Stick. Can be a good pick up against heal-based comps. Could be a substitute for The Crusher, and perhaps build Ninja Tabi instead of Warrior Tabi to compensate for the Attack Speed.

Also, for crit builds, I prefer Wind Demon as a second crit item after Rage in most cases.

For god categorizations, I feel that Hachiman is more AA-based than Hybrid. Anhur could perhaps be considered hybrid, but I like him better as AA focused.

Overall, nice job.

DV-8
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (35)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 18, 2020 6:00pm | Report
Don't build Fail-Not that item is garbage.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 18, 2020 6:02pm | Report

Not in terms of your build paths, just kits:

• AA Based:

Cernunnos
Jing Wei
Rama
Artemis
Izanami (But can use Trans, but mainly due to Trans to pair with Asi or for playing Mid)
Xbalanque (But can use Trans due to his 1)
Hachiman
Apollo

• Hybrid:

Chernobog (Better with Devo's,)
Anhur (Better with Devo's)
Cupid (Better with Trans)
Hou Yi (Better with Devo's)
Medusa

All use Devo's + Trans decently, some may prefer Trans but they're not so reliant on spamming abilities, and more hybrid focused that a Devo's pure AA build can work.

• Ability Based:

Ah Muzen Cab
Chiron
Heimdallr
Neith
Skadi
Ullr

All best with Trans, can function at a basic level with Devo's to an extent but it's not playing to the gods strengths at all.

Also this is all based on the recent Devo's buff of course.

Idk just basically what I have here: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/hunter-adc-mid-conquest-builds-patch-7-3-23462

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vini_sds » April 18, 2020 6:35pm | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Not in terms of your build paths, just kits:

• AA Based:

Cernunnos
Jing Wei
Rama
Artemis
Izanami (But can use Trans, but mainly due to Trans to pair with Asi or for playing Mid)
Xbalanque (But can use Trans due to his 1)
Hachiman
Apollo

• Hybrid:

Chernobog (Better with Devo's,)
Anhur (Better with Devo's)
Cupid (Better with Trans)
Hou Yi (Better with Devo's)
Medusa

All use Devo's + Trans decently, some may prefer Trans but they're not so reliant on spamming abilities, and more hybrid focused that a Devo's pure AA build can work.

• Ability Based:

Ah Muzen Cab
Chiron
Heimdallr
Neith
Skadi
Ullr

All best with Trans, can function at a basic level with Devo's to an extent but it's not playing to the gods strengths at all.

Also this is all based on the recent Devo's buff of course.

Idk just basically what I have here: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide/hunter-adc-mid-conquest-builds-patch-7-3-23462

I’ be damned, I didn’t see your post about builds LOL.
I wouldn’t type all of this if I saw your post before. I’m sorry.

But just some notes about your comment:
1. I think Izanami is such a good Trans user to the point that Devo’s should not even be considered as an option for her. The lifesteal from Devo’s is going to suffer due to her AOE autos (less lifesteal per hit) and Trans makes her ult scale well in the lategame.
2. I’m conflicted about Trans on Hachiman, because on one hand his 2 and ult are going to hit like a truck, but on the other he doesn’t need mana thanks to his passive.
3. I always thought Apollo and Artemis got good use from Trans, because their abilities hit hard.
4. I consider Cupid and Xbalanque two special Hunters. Their kit isn’t hybrid (Cupid is Ability Based and Xbal is AA Based), but they’re better off going Trans + AA based route (either pen or crit).

Vini_sds
<Gladiator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » April 18, 2020 9:45pm | Report
Just pointing that I agree with Kreiga comment where he "reworks" the list. Seems a lot more coerent to me.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 19, 2020 12:55am | Report
I am going to agree with Kriega's list here. Although I think Chernobog would also be under AA, because he has a good steroid which he is more reliant on than his 1 if you ask me.

why Apollo and Artemis are AA based instead of hybrid has more to do with their reliance on their attack speed steroids in their kit. The ability damage is more a nice add-on for them, but they can't rely on it. Most hybrids rely on it much more as their steroids are a lot weaker

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 19, 2020 2:13am | Report
Devampi wrote:

I am going to agree with Kriega's list here. Although I think Chernobog would also be under AA, because he has a good steroid which he is more reliant on than his 1 if you ask me.

Generally I would put Chern under AA, but I have seen him in competitive run with a somewhat ability based build by Snoopy and Venenu

https://smiteprobuilds.com/Builds?p_filters_page=1&p_filters_search=&p_filters_god=3509&p_filters_pro=~&p_filters_opponent=~&p_filters_role=Mid&p_filters_league=~&p_filters_sort=~

https://smiteprobuilds.com/Builds?p_filters_page=1&p_filters_search=&p_filters_god=3509&p_filters_pro=~&p_filters_opponent=~&p_filters_role=Carry&p_filters_league=~&p_filters_sort=~

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 19, 2020 3:00am | Report
ah I wasn't aware of that, maybe I might undervalue his combo a little bit.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 19, 2020 3:02am | Report
I think the Combo with that build path was mainly for the CC, not the damage.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }