Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

check out this Arachne from my team

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » General Discussion » check out this Arachne from my team 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » May 3, 2019 1:48pm | Report
https://smite.guru/match/930260562

I mean, I am pretty sure this is not a thing...I mean one would think that we might have been better off with another tank.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » May 3, 2019 1:51pm | Report
Excuse me, wtf is this match? LOL

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » May 3, 2019 1:59pm | Report
How ya liking that jorm build?

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » May 3, 2019 2:01pm | Report
Good old arena. Where you find builds like that all over the place. And what was with that Set?

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » May 3, 2019 2:04pm | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

Arena.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » May 3, 2019 2:12pm | Report
boogiebass wrote:

How ya liking that jorm build?

I am liking it pretty well. I have been adding in Spear of Desolation at the 6 at times and it seems to be pretty solid. I have been getting 2nd-3rd damage pretty regular and I got over 40k a couple matches back and beat out our Anubis for most damage.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » May 3, 2019 2:14pm | Report
Jor might end up being the first Tanky type I jump back in to joust with.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » May 3, 2019 2:32pm | Report
xmysterionz wrote:

sorry, I mean I know it's Arena and I have not played nearly as long as some but when I saw that build I was exactly as wtf as you were wondering where it came from and forgot to mention that part. lol.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 3, 2019 2:51pm | Report
So, Silent, just like you like to go more damage-y on tanky gods, doing the reverse with some historically squishy gods is a thing as well.

Sometimes, even in Conquest, you'll see a Ne Zha or Nox Support, and they often will build things like Lono's Mask and the tanky protection/aura items. So no, this isn't all that strange, though Arachne isn't one of the usual ones.

It's hard to estimate the effectiveness here, because you've got some extremely funky builds going on. The Eset went full AS and I don't think knew WTF she was doing. The Pele built Silverbranch Bow for some reason, as did the Cupid (but that one makes a bit more sense because they built WAAAAY too much AS so at least they got something out of SBB's passive...but that build is still fairly hideous (the score doesn't reflect that, lol).

But if you look at the Arachne, those numbers are solid. Would have been 3rd most damage on your team, and did 3rd most damage on their own team. In addition, they tanked a ****ton, thanks in most part to Lono's Mask.

Now, they could have built more effectively, IMO. THey didn't even have boots, for one, and I wouldn't have gotten Shifter's Shield or Odysseus' Bow, for example. Instead, I would probably build something like Warrior Tabi (or Reinforced Greaves), Lono's Mask, Void Shield, Hide of the Urchin, Frostbound Hammer, Oni Hunter's Garb (or whatever order, it's all pretty screwy).

Tanky Arachne could work for funsies. She can wade into damage, do her CC stuff with the Web and Cocoon, and when things get too hot, she can ult out...all while having mitigated an absolute ton of damage.

Obviously there are other funky builds going on there, but I'm not going to go over every single one.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by silentshell » May 3, 2019 3:25pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:

So, Silent, just like you like to go more damage-y on tanky gods, doing the reverse with some historically squishy gods is a thing as well.

Sometimes, even in Conquest, you'll see a Ne Zha or Nox Support, and they often will build things like Lono's Mask and the tanky protection/aura items. So no, this isn't all that strange, though Arachne isn't one of the usual ones.

It's hard to estimate the effectiveness here, because you've got some extremely funky builds going on. The Eset went full AS and I don't think knew WTF she was doing. The Pele built Silverbranch Bow for some reason, as did the Cupid (but that one makes a bit more sense because they built WAAAAY too much AS so at least they got something out of SBB's passive...but that build is still fairly hideous (the score doesn't reflect that, lol).

But if you look at the Arachne, those numbers are solid. Would have been 3rd most damage on your team, and did 3rd most damage on their own team. In addition, they tanked a ****ton, thanks in most part to Lono's Mask.

Now, they could have built more effectively, IMO. THey didn't even have boots, for one, and I wouldn't have gotten Shifter's Shield or Odysseus' Bow, for example. Instead, I would probably build something like Warrior Tabi (or Reinforced Greaves), Lono's Mask, Void Shield, Hide of the Urchin, Frostbound Hammer, Oni Hunter's Garb (or whatever order, it's all pretty screwy).

Tanky Arachne could work for funsies. She can wade into damage, do her CC stuff with the Web and Cocoon, and when things get too hot, she can ult out...all while having mitigated an absolute ton of damage.

Obviously there are other funky builds going on there, but I'm not going to go over every single one.

Ok, we are not here to discuss my preferences! :p Thanks for the input. I was annoyed because we were actually winning and then I saw the build. I know, pot and kettle and all that(I never did anything like what you said on Bellona or anyone else...never, never). I just thought that she was a really peculiar choice for it, but leave it to you to make sense of it. lol. I will build my Thor a bit tanky at times when I am concerned about or see that my tank(s) leave something to be desired. The bow I thought really strange at the end of all that.

silentshell

Remarkable (5)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }