Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » SMITEFire Viability Ranking Thread 353 posts - page 26 of 36
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 9, 2015 7:04pm | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

Nothing would affect his viability besides some item buffs (please Qin's Sais) or like an enormous buff to Spirit Flail or Judgement Tether. Something like "everyone in tether radius is slowed by a small percentage" or something. But I don't see him becoming viable anyway; this meta really isn't friendly towards Osiris.
What do you think about Odysseus' Bow on him?

I thought he gained alot of protections in one of the buffs

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 9, 2015 7:10pm | Report
Not a lot lol like a bit of base stats.
For Glory! An Ullr ADC Guide
A Strong Bond! An Aphrodite Solo Guide
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » June 9, 2015 9:25pm | Report
I disagree. Osiris is quite strong in the solo lane which is why he's been picked recently in the SPL. I mean, now that Smite is hunter vs hunter in solo, Osiris does good against most hunters similarly to Bellona and Vamana. He specializes in harass and poke with his 2.

Saying Osiris looses all kill potential if the enemy gets sprint is like saying Tyr loses all kill potential if the enemy buys beads. Sure it helps and is good against him but the earliest I ever see people get sprint is against Nemesis / Bastet around 3:00. Another thing is if an enemy does dash out of your 3, there is an opportunity to ult over and still get the stun off. Not to mention it can be used to box defensively.

I think Osiris is a solid B or higher. My build for Osiris is:
Start > Death's Toll + Rage of the Gods
Core will include Ichaival, Frostbound Hammer, and Warrior Tabi. Order is up to you. Starting Smithy's Hammer or Witchblade is an option as well. I tend to build semi tanky with one more attack speed item late game.

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 9, 2015 9:44pm | Report
He has no quick six-creep clear, his poke is somewhat short-range ( Sickle Strike, obviously Spirit Flail is effective poke, but it's generally used for clear), and once someone dashes out of the tether, only someone with amazing reflexes would be able to Lord of the Afterlife and still land the stun.

Mages can buy Sprint at the start of the game.

Tyr DEFINITELY doesn't lose all kill potential if the enemy buys Greater Purification - far from it. He does lose if the enemy gets Magi's Blessing.

I must admit, I like the build, and Frostbound Hammer is good right now, but I see him as a counter to hunters without dashes and a small number of assassins/warriors. B tier is balanced tier, not niche tier, and Osiris is not currently balanced.

Trivia: Osiris is the least played god in Conquest. Even Nox is seeing more play in casuals. He's also 8th least played in League.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ‘You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.’"
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 10, 2015 1:21am | Report
Well I used to think Osiris was super low tier, like C or lower....

Now I am thinking he is like C+ to B+ after playing him for a bit longer

I think it is the way people play Osiris that makes him seem a tier below what he probably actually is, because before I thought he was not very good and now I think he is a bit better than what I considered him when I only played him rarely.

You have to basically play aggressive as **** at the right time, like overly aggressive with Judgement Tether.

I would also assume that most people cannot play Osiris, I have not seen many good Osiris players but that should not auto make him lower tier just because most people suck with the god. Of course he is not low tier only because of that but I would make a case he is a tiny bit (tiny bit) better than people think he is.

Well lets clear a few things that are common with people who play Osiris

- You get equal push or pushed back
- You die because too squishy without passive active:(
- hard to know when and when not to go all out

To me it seems that is how everyone plays Osiris or the out come for most players, although some of that is true I would also say majority of Smite players are just bad at Osiris from what I seen, and trust me I used to do bad with him as well which is why I thought he was meh before.

I by no means think he is top tier or even close, but I do think he is a little more than meh if someone plays him good. Again good doesn't equal tier, I am assuming someone plays all gods to the best of their ability.

What I actually started to notice instead after fiending on Osiris non-stop for the past day

- You out poke/out trade most people in lane
- You bully the **** out of most people in lane
- You zone the **** out of most people in lane
- You destroy a team fight if you have good team mates to follow up with
- you can 1v3 literally and probably grab a kill majority of the time

^ Thats what I have noticed now that I played him more often than before, my conclusion is that people are not that great with Osiris to begin with and hes already hard to play so it makes him seem a tiny bit worst than what he actually is if those people were better with him.

I already named some of the solo's I went against, I have also went against Rama, Apollo, ect, all have the same outcome pretty much facing Osiris so I don't really understand how people think he only counters or does good against a few gods, he actually beats a **** ton of gods.

I think most people will not pick him because other gods are easier, do burst, and why would most people want to play a god that has to be stuck to you and harder to play when they can pick easy gods and get a penta. However I wouldn't say Hardness determines someones tier, that just means they are harder to play...

If I were to just base Osiris from all other players than C tier would seem where he belongs, based upon what he is actually capable of I would say he can be C+ to B+ tier. I have even seen pros put him in A tier so... yea....

Why is he actually quite good?

Well for one, all gods with no escapes are ****ed. When I say ****ed, I mean they are ****ed. Them buying sprint assumes they have enough room for the active and don't want another active and even with sprint does not really mean they will escape Osiris being that A: Osiris himself can buy sprint, B: Osiris has a leap ult and constant slows to throw and his 2 gains him movement speed or B: They might not even have sprint up at the moment you are fighting them

All of those gods without escapes are food for Osiris and they might as well not even try to escape if they are ever caught alone.

What about gods that have leaps? Well those are probably the only A-holes that are annoying to deal with, however it is still possibly to chase them down because again if they leap you can usually just leap with your ult and catch back up to them and slow them over and over. Its only problematic when they are near a tower, but if they are too far from their tower or have no tower they are screwed if they have to make a big run back home.

Mages are another problem, however if you Judgement Tether them, they usually cannot burst you down quick enough before you kill them, if they have a team with them though you can be killed semi-easy.

Lets not forget that Osiris's ult can just leap over some mage abilities meaning if they use a combo and you leap it, they have nothing left and will be food for Osiris.

I would honestly say, any time Osiris catches anyone in the conquest game alone they will surely not want to fight him and try to run for their lives, the bad thing is running for your live is not always easy to do when you have 40 slows in your back. I have only found trouble with a few gods in a 1v1 situation, most other gods will not want any part of Osiris

So obviously if no gods want a part of him he has some type of strength

His strength is that he nerfs you while you fight him inside of Judgement Tether while he slows you 40 times and you eat big auto damage. That is what his strength is, not many people want to ever fight you.

How does that work in a team fight though compared to just one person?

Actually its quite strong, and its super strong against certain teams. Assuming you have a good team that will follow up after Osiris jumps in and uses Judgement Tether, Osiris nerfs that entire team.

What usually happens when you tether 5 people on the enemy team
- They focus you
- They use an escape

That is the two most likely things to happen and those two reasons is why I said if you have a good team than Osiris is pretty strong and the reason why Osiris seems a tiny bit worst is because if your team doesn't follow up your going to die probably.

If you get focused that means your team mates should be landing free hits/abilities on the enemy team while they are focusing you, if they don't do this then you will die, (you could possibly die even if they attack the team but the benefit is your team takes out more people)

If they don't focus you and try to run away by using escapes then your team can take advantage of it and focus down the people with no escapes available. Like wise if your team has no follow up then you just did nothing at all.

I been messing around with the Odysseus's Bow in team fights and it seems to be pretty effective, since Osiris is usually in the enemies face or in a 1v3 while being focused, the arch damage seems more effective overall on some occasions since it will damage the entire enemy team letting your team destroy them quicker.

On low HP with Asi's passive and Osiris AOE hit chain, it makes Osiris pretty hard to kill without insta burst and tons of abilities blown to kill him.

I could see why Osiris would be or seem only C tier to majority of people that play him, because most people who play him make him look like E tier, but I would say if we assume someone plays Osiris to the best of his ability that Osiris can be C+ or B+ and I am leaning towards B but I don't see him higher than a B+ because the fact your team has to not be ******ed to make him as effective as he can be.

I think Geb is a good example of getting 40 slows in his back and can never escape, same goes with gods like Sylvanus. I mean take any god out of this video and what could they really do against Osiris in a situation like this where Osiris is throwing slows on you over and over, and Osiris not only nerfs their damage with Judgement Tether but already has passive physical protections.

This video is not used to say anything about his tier, but I will say how exactly is a Geb suppose to get out of Osiris throwing diapers at his back slowing him to **** every 4 seconds on top of a stun.

PS: Osiris is dirty as **** with Fist of the Gods. Hit them with the slow, auto attack, pop judgement tether, hit them with the 2 to slow them even more, auto attack them twice, fist of the gods them, sickle them again, get a free auto attack because they are stunned, they get stunned again because of the tether, more slows and more autos.

Its so damn dirty, the double stun on that is dirty as hell.

I also noticed that Osiris pretty much should never die unless he is focused in a team fight, if left alone all he does is destroy your team mates one by one and being that nobody wants to fight him 1 on 1 or runs from him, it makes his job easier when nobody focuses him.

http://sendvid.com/vj03x5gl

PS: If your talking only about Osiris in solo lane I think he is high tier but not highest
If your talking about him overall and like jungle, I think he is lower tier and not as high tier but just a tad less.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 10, 2015 1:23am | Report
BTW: I been asking opinions on the bow, because I been picking it up for the soul reason I noticed that when I was playing Osiris it was usually 1v2 or 1v3 on multiple occasions and was wondering if the lightning arch on the bow would be more worth it in that type of situation.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 10, 2015 1:35am | Report
FemFatalis wrote:

He has no quick six-creep clear, his poke is somewhat short-range ( Sickle Strike, obviously Spirit Flail is effective poke, but it's generally used for clear), and once someone dashes out of the tether, only someone with amazing reflexes would be able to Lord of the Afterlife and still land the stun.

Mages can buy Sprint at the start of the game.

Tyr DEFINITELY doesn't lose all kill potential if the enemy buys Greater Purification - far from it. He does lose if the enemy gets Magi's Blessing.

I must admit, I like the build, and Frostbound Hammer is good right now, but I see him as a counter to hunters without dashes and a small number of assassins/warriors. B tier is balanced tier, not niche tier, and Osiris is not currently balanced.

Trivia: Osiris is the least played god in Conquest. Even Nox is seeing more play in casuals. He's also 8th least played in League.
Funny that you would bring up the "only someone with amazing reflexes would be able to lord of the after life and still land the stun"

Its funny because I literally have a recording saved from earlier today where I did that on Awilix. Eh you can just take my word for it and if not I can just upload the video if you don't believe me lol.

I use lord of the after life to keep people in Osiris's stun all the time, in fact thats what your suppose to use to keep them in it.

It went like this, Awilix jumped on her cat. She was about 5 feet away, I threw the sickle strike at her and slowed her, I then used the tether on her while she was sickled. She immediately jumped away with her cat which did put her out of range of the tether, but because she was slowed I hit her with Osiris's 2 which slowed her for a split second and I ulted right on top of her from max distance and killed her before she could get away.

So assuming you ult right as they jump you can most likely still stay on them because think about it. When you use tether you are already close to them, when they jump the gain some distance away form you, when you ult you recover most of the distance, and whatever distance they still have on you if they do, is covered by your 1 and 2 which will just slow them down forever and now they have no escape.

That is why I said, leaps are only a problem if they have something to run to like a tower or team mate, leaps are not that much of a problem when they have over extended because most of the time you can just catch back up to them even if they leap as long as you save your ult to catch them.

Well I guess the video I recorded didn't keep her in the tether stun, but it basically shows that even if they use a leap you can ult and kill them right after they use it. However if I was closer before hand and ulted sooner I could have kept her in the stun before I killed her with the ult.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 10, 2015 1:39am | Report
Greenevers wrote:

I disagree. Osiris is quite strong in the solo lane which is why he's been picked recently in the SPL. I mean, now that Smite is hunter vs hunter in solo, Osiris does good against most hunters similarly to Bellona and Vamana. He specializes in harass and poke with his 2.

Saying Osiris looses all kill potential if the enemy gets sprint is like saying Tyr loses all kill potential if the enemy buys beads. Sure it helps and is good against him but the earliest I ever see people get sprint is against Nemesis / Bastet around 3:00. Another thing is if an enemy does dash out of your 3, there is an opportunity to ult over and still get the stun off. Not to mention it can be used to box defensively.

I think Osiris is a solid B or higher. My build for Osiris is:
Start > Death's Toll + Rage of the Gods
Core will include Ichaival, Frostbound Hammer, and Warrior Tabi. Order is up to you. Starting Smithy's Hammer or Witchblade is an option as well. I tend to build semi tanky with one more attack speed item late game.
How do you even sustain like that in fights?

I was spamming Osiris for the past day and I found out that when I built no life steal items that its a pain in the *** when in a 1v2 or 1v1 and lower on health. The deaths toll was not enough for me when I was fighting people later on, the deaths toll is super effective early but it did not seem that great to me later on in the game.

I tried many times to not build life steal but for me it did not work out well :(

I always build ASI now, I love that ****ing item, I have saved recordings where I literally 1v3'd people with ASI because of the passive.

ICEN

Prominent (41)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FemFatalis » June 10, 2015 7:56am | Report
Okay, seriously, we're getting back into anecdotes. Opinion should be based on stats, not "I can do it so he should be this tier"

Also, pls try to do everything in one post lol
-George Carlin

FemFatalis

Established (15)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ICEN » June 10, 2015 10:16am | Report
And once again you think everything is an opinion on Osiris when majority of the **** I said are facts and not opinions.

Are these facts or opinions

- Osiris can clear waves pretty fast
- Osiris can poke down majority of gods
- Osiris has slows for days
- Osiris reduces damage delt to himself with Judgement Tether and his passive
- Osiris beats many gods in the solo lane not just a few
- Osiris is a lane bully who zones you from wanting to get in close to clear the wave
- Osiris forces out escapes/actives
- Osiris gets fed off of people with no escapes
- Osiris gains physical passive protections making most physical match ups easy
- Osiris ult + range from 1 + 2 keeps him on majority of gods even if they leap

Sorry are those my opinions ? Because I am pretty sure they are facts not opinons.

Its funny how I even said its not my skill or anyones skill that makes a tier, yet you say the very thing I clearly said the tier was not based on and your trying to tell me I'm basing it off of that.

I legit think your either a broken record or a troll at this point

All you ****s have been doing is listing your opinions in the previous post which is why I even came back, its funny how your opinions do not apply to your own post which are full of opinions and the questions you guys ask are full of ****ing opinions yet I don't hear you saying **** to anyone else.

I think your a legit troll at this point because how many ****ing times do I have to point out that the **** I am listing is not my opinion (a select few is) most the **** I am posting is what the god is actually CAPABLE OF and CAN DO.

Can do and Capable of is not opinions, its facts based on the god.

Now tell me if this post is my opinion

Because I'm sure anything I post that are facts are opinions to you.

And every fact I post you just reply with some stupid **** like "I can do it so hes a higher tier"

Sorry , when did I say Osiris was good just because I play him?

Please show me, quote me if you have to

I never met a bigger broken record on this forum before, I would rather have Sub argue with me back in the day than your broken record ***.

Legit ****.

@ Sub, Its okay brah we cool we cool :P

@FemFatalis

I'ma ****ing rage at your *** ever time you repeat yourself on something that is not even what I am talking about, don't take it personal

^ Actually if you say the same thing in the next post take it personal

Show me my opinions and then I will say you are right, tell me what is not a fact about Osiris and show me where I said Osiris is higher tier only because I play him?

Show me what I said was not based upon Osiris
Show me that I said my skills is what makes Osiris higher tier than C
Show me where I said how I play Osiris is the reason why he is good

You are like those rumor spreaders, you know the type of people who try to make it look like your saying something you never actually said? Its like saying "I have did a drug prescribed by a a doctor" and you tell everyone that I actually said "I do drugs"....

Thats what your doing, saying I am listing opinions and using my own skill to say that Osiris is good.

#1 Where did I say that quote me
#2 Where did I say that quote me
and #3 where did I say that quote me

You love making your own random **** up that I never based Osiris tier upon, and even if I did which I didn't, you would defeat yourself because the your using the pros skill to determine which god is better in the SPL.

So defeat yourself again.

QUOTE ME PLEASE

Even the pros in the SPL had Osiris listed as higher than C tier not because of opinion, because what he is actually capable of.

[comment edited by mod]

ICEN

Prominent (41)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }