Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How do you counter an all guardian team?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » How do you counter an all guardian team? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Lawful Good » April 9, 2015 4:10am | Report
So as the title asks, how do you build and counter an all guardian team? As of late, I have been running into more of these teams... And failing horribly. Now, I just sigh when I play a causal game. I pick my favorite assasin, see the enemy team and.... Sigh.

I would assume you should build against all the cc and the magical damage, but what would you all recommend?

Lawful Good

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Setolino » April 9, 2015 9:37am | Report
Well full penetration and magis blessing =gg if you are the jungler.
Adc normal build.
Mage, soul reaver and penetration. Ez pz
"Wololol" -Age of Empires

Setolino
<Godlike>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » April 9, 2015 12:19pm | Report
If it's ALL magical, pick up some magical protection items no matter your role, it makes you a much bigger pain to kill and gives you more time to get kills. ADC is the most restricted in this regard, but you could pick up Ancile to try to get more of a balance. Against an all guardian team, you will want items like Titan's Bane and Obsidian Shard for their 33% true damage. If you can utilize them, The Executioner, Spear of the Magus and Demonic Grip can be incredibly useful since they'll lower an enemy's protections for everyone on your team as well. Similarly, a Warrior or Guardian on your team should probably pick up Void Stone and Void Shield (unless they don't need the physical defense) since your whole team will benefit. In general, their roles are easier since they only need to build one kind of defense allowing them to get more power while retaining their tankiness. And yes, above all else get CC protection. Reinforced Greaves / Reinforced Shoes + Spirit Robe is a great combo, Magi's Blessing is great on anybody and Greater Purification is likely a must have. Don't forget Winged Blade either if their team has a lot of slows (which it likely will).

In general, don't focus on kills, push objectives and towers. Your team will have far more ability to take these out, forcing the other team to focus on stopping you. This will allow you to either kill them in their attempts to stop you, or complete the objectives more often than them eventually leading to a win (assuming everything works well). Best of luck anyways.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » April 9, 2015 4:43pm | Report
Well, I don't play Conquest, but I think about building against weird Assault teams all the time.

As a jungler/assassin against an all-magical, all-guardian team, you're against some decent damage, strong tankiness, and crazy CC.

In this case, sort of what Seto and Zilby said, but here's my take.

Who knows how the enemy will build. Is it a spread of tanks (protection items) and damage (more like a mage build)? Are they all building tanky? Or all mage-y? In any case, it's not so much that YOU need to build all penetration (unless they're all tanky). They will need to, because if your team is smart, you'll absolutely add magical protection into your build, and they need to get through that.

Don't combine Titan's Bane and The Executioner. The passive from Ex will diminish the effectiveness of Titan's...instead, if you go Ex, you should consider other flat penetration items, like Jotunn's Wrath, Brawler's Beat Stick, Asi, etc.

If you are an auto-attacking assassin...well, I'm no expert, but I'd consider, in no particular order:
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » April 9, 2015 6:48pm | Report
I agree with Branmuffin on all points, but I'd probably use crits in my build if I was an auto-attack assassin (at least Rage since it will double your attack power with good frequency)
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 10, 2015 7:23am | Report
an all guardian team is a pain in the *** because they will get so tanky.

What your team should do is focus on only magical protections. Pen counters them the best and that's why I revive the unicorn build on these teams (depending on how much I require AA because ability based you can't do much). the unicorn build uses a lot of pen and Qin's Sais and this item is really good against tanky teams.

Also if they go all tank look at their builds it's easy to tell which of them is going damage these should be your focus. beads is a standard item and magi's blessing is useful too.

Also as zilby said don't focus on kills but on objectives they can't do a lot of damage to you towers as fast as you would because there basics don't do as much damage (like all mages). Also they are all mellee so your ranged gods should have a big advantage against them. (On assassins baka works really well because true damage)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Greenevers » April 10, 2015 2:44pm | Report
An all guardian team can't win... Most* of their early game clear/laning capability is horrible aside from like hades, athena, and maybe sobek. Then they're mana hungry and ****. Your mid laner should get huge unless going against hades and then your adc should get huge.

If sylvanus isn't adc and hades mid, you should **** on them. If not, you might need some defense and take advantage of your structure damage and clear. They can't really go for early objectives without an adc or jungler either so abuse it!

Greenevers
<Retired Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }