Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Site Improvement Thread - Post Any / All Suggestions Here!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Site Improvement Thread - Post Any / All Suggestions Here! 77 posts - page 7 of 8
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » May 27, 2020 11:52am | Report
Please add SYNERGY SECTION. Like threats but with good characters to be match with. Just like in Moba Fire.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » May 27, 2020 12:43pm | Report
Current list I have:

Weekly Challenges / News Post Option: give an option when posting a news post to not have comments from posts in this category be included in the main page’s “recent discussion” section. It makes it incredibly cluttered and a pain to read of new, normal comments.

Mobile-Friendly Site: allow for easier navigation and reading on mobile...right now it’s fairly unpleasant using the site on a phone.

Quick-Access Header (Items): In the quick-access header, there’s no longer a drop-down menu when hovering over the main options. This makes items hidden within the “gods” category. I think there’s enough space at the top that items can have their own header. The Search bar could be shrunk to make some space.

Notifications: Would be nice to get notifications officially implemented. We already get this for private messages, but would be helpful to get notifications of a type for when one of our published builds/guides or blogs gets a comment, or an option to get updated on a specific thread.

Guides (Option To Move Purchase Order Tabs): Below example of what I’m talking about. Would be nice if we could rearrange. Right now, if we want to insert a new tab in the middle, we have to recreate each tab after the area we insert it...it’s potentially a LOT of work.

Guides (Alternate Build Tabs): Example discussed here: https://www.smitefire.com/smite/forum/support/site-improvement-thread-post-any-all-suggestions-here-58724?page=6#comment-148051

Guides (“Notes” option in Skill Leveling Order): Add the notes option for the skill leveling section.

Guides (Create new “general” category for ease of searching): e.g. My Overarching guide series, items guide, others general guides that people have created)

General Site Aesthetics (colors, font): choose new colors (background, base text) that are more aesthetically pleasing. Veteran member Stuke noted that grey, dark grey, yellow and white are “okay” but bland. The basic arial font is quite plain and could be “fancied up” with a different font, such as Verdana, Roboto, etc.

Guides (“Synergies” option): We have an option for “Threats” now...just add one for Synergies as well.

Search Bar Improvement: Search can pull up key words (e.g. searching for guide with “duel” in the title), e.g. by relevance, but doesn’t organize by newest at top. Often will list outdated guides over newer ones.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » May 27, 2020 1:06pm | Report
Don't forget the voting system ;)

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Big Damage » May 27, 2020 1:19pm | Report
I was actually going to send a message about general guides because I'm in the middle of writing one and was thinking it might be missed because most people just search for the god guides they are looking for, so I'm glad to see this on your to do list, thanks!

Big Damage
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (37)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » May 27, 2020 3:16pm | Report
Branmuffin17 wrote:
General Site Color Scheme: choose new colors (background, base text) that are more aesthetically pleasing. Veteran member Stuke noted that grey, dark grey, yellow, and white are “okay” but bland.

Not just colors but I was looking at other websites as good examples of web design, as I feel it's not just that but also reworking the font choice to something other than Arial. I know Arial is a safe choice and default for websites but I feel a difference typeface like Open Sans, Verdana, or even Roboto are better choices given how content heave this site is. We don't also have to use a san serif, as serif typefaces are also good since this site requires a lot of reading (maybe fonts like Merriweather or even Times New Roman despite its overuse can look good). Even combine two typefaces together can create a unique look for the site as well as increase readability.

As for color schemes, I've been looking at the color schemes websites are using now and trying to find something that fits a semi-professional but also creative outlet aesthetic I'm envisioning for this site. Maybe following the same colors as the official Smite website or come up with a more unique color scheme for a more personal feel. But will need to look at the different color combinations and find something that looks good and increases legibility for this content-heavy site.

If you guys need any more suggestions on design, hit me up and I'll be happy to help with a redesign.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » May 27, 2020 6:50pm | Report
I'm actually down for a font change, or at least the option to choose the font you want (between Arial Merriweather and Times New Roman (Yes I'd only use Times but still))
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xZeroStrike » May 27, 2020 7:24pm | Report
Not sure if it'd be possible, but on the topic of fonts, the site could collect and store various different (free) fonts that can be accessed with some form of BB, allowing anyone to use a certain font whereever, whenever they want.

E.g. putting your titles in a different font than your main text for that extra bit of flair.

xZeroStrike
<Hunter Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » May 27, 2020 7:26pm | Report
Google Fonts is the best for downloading and coding

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 28, 2020 12:10am | Report
I also think the background could use an update. It's has been here fore a while.
The top already got the update

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 29, 2020 6:17am | Report
Add the system smiteguru has where you can see some top Masters+ common conquest builds for that god, somewhere on the god page where it lists the builds.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }