Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Site Improvement Thread - Post Any / All Suggestions Here!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Site Improvement Thread - Post Any / All Suggestions Here! 77 posts - page 4 of 8
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » April 13, 2019 5:15am | Report
Devampi wrote:

now waiting for the biggest upgrade. Mobile friendly SF (aka a mobile version of the site)

A mobile app would be better

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » April 13, 2019 7:20am | Report
Making this site more mobile friendly can be a nice quality of life but it might take a while before that happens.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by IceColdPappsi » April 13, 2019 9:08am | Report
A recommended page filled with very popular guides, Brans overarching guides, and the how to make a guide/templates. That would help for newer members.

IceColdPappsi
<Master Wizard>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (13)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » April 13, 2019 10:07am | Report
Yeah making an app for Fire sites in general might be time-consuming (at least from the few months of programming I've had so far lol) and a bit expensive. I dunno, maybe one day!
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 13, 2019 11:36am | Report
Honestly kriega idk how old you are or what you do in normal life. However, I feel taht you're not really up to date in todays world mobile friendly sites importancy.

Mobile web usage is pretty big. A quick search on google said that mobile usage surpassed desktops in 2016.

Add in the thing google is planning or already started using mobile first indexing

If i may believe my little brother that studies coding. Every time they need to do a website thing it needs to be both desktop and mobile friendly.

A quick search of Google will probably give you even more reasons why. However im to lazy to go for full researches in the weekend

An app could be an option, however I think that would be a step further. Making a mobile version (/responsive web design) is the first. Mostly one that makes navigating easier, since SF uses a lot of hover which is an anti mobile user thing. Don't believe me? Try to go from the home page to the god skill page using your mobile.

Also yes I know it gets asked a lot and is not a 1-2-3 thing, however it should probably become a high priority

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Estidien » April 13, 2019 11:47am | Report
A lot of people are trying to find these guides while they're playing. So many will be looking on their phones.

Estidien
<Ambush Artist>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (30)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » April 13, 2019 12:45pm | Report
From what I remember from my Web Design class, despite failing it, it's a few simple lines of code in a CSS style sheet, or HTML if a style sheet isn't used, for when the page gets shrunken vertically by a certain percentage. I forgot how to do it but I know it works.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » April 13, 2019 12:50pm | Report
The problem Stuke is that the site needs a remodel when it comes to accessing the tabs "God Guides", "SMITE Database", "Media" and "Forums & Blogs" when it comes to accessibility on a phone. But yeah just simply focusing on reworking those aspects would be a faster way to approach such issue
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 14, 2019 7:28am | Report
Could ve you right stuke however like prism said the biggest problem is the tabs, with hover for mobile rn.

Honestly just taking small steps like those would already make a big difference even if it would go slowly.

(Another change the autoplay sound useing ads. I don't mind them playing however would it be possible for them to be mute, so they don't stop your music on phone or disrupt it on desktop?)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » April 16, 2019 8:44am | Report
Devampi wrote:

Honestly kriega idk how old you are or what you do in normal life. However, I feel taht you're not really up to date in todays world mobile friendly sites importancy.

Mobile web usage is pretty big. A quick search on google said that mobile usage surpassed desktops in 2016.

Add in the thing google is planning or already started using mobile first indexing

If i may believe my little brother that studies coding. Every time they need to do a website thing it needs to be both desktop and mobile friendly.

A quick search of Google will probably give you even more reasons why. However im to lazy to go for full researches in the weekend

An app could be an option, however I think that would be a step further. Making a mobile version (/responsive web design) is the first. Mostly one that makes navigating easier, since SF uses a lot of hover which is an anti mobile user thing. Don't believe me? Try to go from the home page to the god skill page using your mobile.

Also yes I know it gets asked a lot and is not a 1-2-3 thing, however it should probably become a high priority

I have used Smitefire on mobile a lot, it's not perfect, it's definitely annoying to make builds on it, but it's good enough to view builds on it decently.

There are honestly more important features that need to be added first in my opinion.

Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }