Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Site Improvement Thread - Post Any / All Suggestions Here!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Support » Site Improvement Thread - Post Any / All Suggestions Here! 77 posts - page 5 of 8
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » April 16, 2019 9:19am | Report
Care to eleborate on which/what kind of features.

Im honestly already a bit more happy smitefire got some mobafire stuff nowadays .

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » May 29, 2019 9:55am | Report
Can we have a proper notification feature added to the top right toolbar on the site next to the private message notification? It will theoretically come up whenever someone comments on your guide or replies to your comment.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » May 29, 2019 10:57am | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

Can we have a proper notification feature added to the top right toolbar on the site next to the private message notification? It will theoretically come up whenever someone comments on your guide or replies to your comment.

That would be very nice. Proc it If someone voted on your guide or comments would be also nice.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PsiGuard » May 29, 2019 12:32pm | Report
I don't think we'd have notifications for votes, but comments would be included. This system is already on MOBAFire (it's great) and I'd love to see it come to SMITEFire. I know the staff agrees but I'm not sure when the devs will be able to work on implementing it here. It never hurts to remind them of features the community is requesting though, thanks for the feedback.
PsiGuard

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » May 30, 2019 12:07am | Report
yeah that's pretty great also saves scrolling to the comments tab to see if someone commented on something from yah

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 22, 2019 3:05pm | Report
If anyone has any current suggestions for site improvement, this is the thread for it.

2 biggest topics right now are:
  • Voting system: This continues to be a contested issue, with most feeling the current voting system is inaccurate, hard to understand, etc. But to be clear, this system's rating system emphasizes more recent votes, and votes from members. It allows votes from non-registered visitors, but has a system in place to put different weights on votes.

Current strongest suggestion from some members seems to be changing from a rating bar to just a numerical value of +1 / -1 or thumbs up / thumbs down. However, this would prevent updated and improved guides from getting past some early downvotes, which is to me the biggest negative about that type of system. Overall, I'm okay with how things currently are. There's no perfect voting system out there, especially for a system where voters may vote once and never come back even if a guide has been improved.

PsiGuard can add to this conversation if he feels it helps.

• Guide Build Tab: This.

For some reason, people seem to forget this is here. Personally feel this is user error more than anything, but can agree higher emphasis (or relocation?) could be made to make it pop out a bit more.
Additional request from me would be to add a notes section (like was done with the build sequence section) to the skill leveling section.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » July 22, 2019 3:56pm | Report
1st topic: Either switch to Numerical system OR add a 2nd bar for Non-guest votes (so separate guests and users), OR just fix the damn bar, maybe add like orange/yellow and red colouring to show it’s more negative. 2nd topic: Simply add a sub title/header called “Select Build Page”.
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by boogiebass » July 22, 2019 4:16pm | Report
Kriega1 wrote:

1st topic: Either switch to Numerical system OR add a 2nd bar for Non-guest votes (so separate guests and users), OR just fix the damn bar, maybe add like orange/yellow and red colouring to show it’s more negative. 2nd topic: Simply add a sub title/header called “Select Build Page”.

Like you said, it's not likely to change. Just downvote troll/bad guides and move on.

boogiebass
<World Serpent>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (46)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by ThePerfectPrism » July 22, 2019 4:36pm | Report
About 1st topic, maybe do what Steam does and do a Recent Votes / Overall Votes. Problem would be that we don't have enough activity and this would mainly affect older guides (e.g. my athena support guide).

Also agree with Kriega's suggestion to increase the number of colors the bar can have.

Also, maybe the easiest way to fix this is by putting, instead of the overall votes of the guide, their numerical amounts (let's say 8 positive 2 negative). The positives one would stay by the left side of the bar (where the overall number is today) and the negative one to the right side of the display.
Signature by Stuke99, check out his Website Portfolio and his SmiteFire Profile!

ThePerfectPrism
<Mage Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by FootFetish » July 22, 2019 6:41pm | Report
I have no idea if i can comment here or if somebody already mentioned this but this site needs a notification tab. I need to know when someone up/downvotes my guide, when someones reply to my comments, or whatever.
:)

FootFetish
<Enchanter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (4)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }