Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What else are you playing right now?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » Off Topic » What else are you playing right now? 155 posts - page 10 of 16
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by xmysterionz » June 8, 2018 9:07am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

I have a long list of unplayed games on Steam which I need to play at some point, here are some of the ones I am looking to start playing within the near future:

Man, play this game, I love indie games and this is on my top list as one of the best platform games I have ever played. It's such a good game, don't forget him, I swear you won't regret play it.

xmysterionz
<Sharpshooter>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (71)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » June 8, 2018 9:12am | Report
I will second that. Ori is great.

FYI since it's on sale I just bought Dead Cells.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Kriega1 » June 8, 2018 9:58am | Report
Not currently but recently: Battlefield 1 (Last dlc not too long ago, and waiting to see if BF V will be good), Star Wars The Old Republic, Total War Rome 2, Total War Warhammer 2, Battlefront 2 (occasionally but gets boring quickly). And soon No Mans Sky since they're finally adding multiplayer to it soon. Was playing Fortnite for a bit but I only enjoy playing it with others (and even then it's ok, nothing too special).

And I've watched (not played though) some playthroughs of Detroit: Become Human.

Im looking forward to EA Play this weekend and E3 later this month:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw16v3oGXso
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLraFbwCoisJCCkSADir9R_9owAiOP6hT6
Kriega1

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (143)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Wayne3100 » July 23, 2018 4:25pm | Report

Since I mentioned that these were the games I was going to play, I've only completed Shadwen out of that list (pretty fun game to play, though I should note the AI is mediocre at best). However, another game I've almost fully completed since then and want to talk about is Jotun (Valhalla Edition).

For those who don't know it, the game is a challenging action/exploration game in which you take control of a warrior named Thora and explore different worlds, each with their own theme and corresponding giant boss to fight (for reference, these creatures are the Jotun which the title refers to).

Combat is relatively simple, as you start off with three basic moves: light attack (left mouse button), heavy attack (right mouse button) and dodge (spacebar). As you explore, certain god shrines which you encounter in different levels will give you special abilities to add to that. There are also golden apples which you can find to increase your maximum health.

Due to the beautiful design of the game and the strong link to Norse mythology ( Thor, Ymir, Freya, Loki, Ratatoskr and Odin have all been mentioned), I was immediately hooked when I started playing this. Unfortunately, however, the base game is relatively short (I think it took me ~5 hours to complete the game while playing it "normally"), so to keep myself entertained I've focused on getting all the games' achievements since then. These achievements require you to defeat bosses within a certain time limit, without taking any damage during the fight or without using any of the abilities you receive from god shrines.

I think the following screenshot does a pretty decent job of summarizing my experience getting some of these achievements:

Bottom right is the health bar of the boss, top left is mine. Roughly two seconds before taking this screenshot, my health bar was filled up to the red line.

Still though, I'm not complaining, the fights are fun to play and the feeling of actually getting a difficult achievement is very rewarding. As a direct result of unlocking some of them, my Steam achievement showcase (see below) is now also filled exclusively with rare Jotun achievements (which ~0.9% of all players have unlocked). For reference, the one on the far right is the achievement which I originally failed to get in the screenshot above.

Anyway, I have three (very difficult) achievements to go, which I think might take another few hours to unlock, but all in all it should be clear that I'm a huge fan of this game and would recommend it to anyone who is into the genre and up for a challenge :)

Thanks to Janitsu for the signature!

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Prominent (45)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 23, 2018 4:35pm | Report
Oh ****, only 5 hours to complete the regular game? I should finish it then, lol. I think I put in an hour's worth.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Stuke99 » July 23, 2018 4:44pm | Report

It's Cheeki Breeki.

Stuke99
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (56)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Gulfwulf » July 23, 2018 5:24pm | Report
I've been playing a lot of Skyrim LE here lately. I thought about switching to SE, but I haven't seen enough to justify the mod setup headache and I hate the Creation Club bs that's in FO 4.

Gulfwulf
<Guardian Master>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Esteemed (81)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » July 23, 2018 7:06pm | Report
I got really heavily into Warfrane recently after watching a streamer play it. Also been playing more Monster Hunter Workd since they announced the PC date. Other than that, been playing Octopath when I need a break from farming.

SkyPirateShini

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Tlaloc1050 » July 23, 2018 10:19pm | Report

I got really heavily into Warfrane recently after watching a streamer play it. Also been playing more Monster Hunter Workd since they announced the PC date. Other than that, been playing Octopath when I need a break from farming.

I can't play warframe without feeling like I have to throw up lol

Tlaloc1050
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (17)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Branmuffin17 » July 23, 2018 11:53pm | Report
Ahhh, you get the motion sickness thing too?

The one that hit me the hardest was always Half-Life 2. It runs on the source engine. 15 minutes and I couldn't hang anymore. Had to play in short stints.

Funny enough, Team Fortress 2 and Counterstrike Source both run on the same engine... And I never had any issues with either.
Branmuffin17
<Administrator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Exalted (394)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }