Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Newbie to Smite/MOBA - a few small questions ;)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Newbie to Smite/MOBA - a few small questions ;) 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Red_Angelus » March 25, 2016 9:09am | Report
Hi Guys,

this is my first Post and i hope that I will become a good member to your forums. Of course I've read some Guides but I didnt find an answer to my biggest question and thats why I created this thread. However, I hope you dont mind me add some more questions ;)

At first of all, I never played a MOBA game before, I just played the Diablo Series..but I saw it on PS4 and I liked it :)

I played now 5 or 6 Games and my last one was the first one, when we won and I've been the first on the leaderboard.

The question: Is the Leaderboard (Endscreen-Table after a Match) sorted or randomized?
I was first with the biggest amount of Gold, the biggest amount of Minion Dmg and Tower Dmg, but I just did a 7-1 with Neith... I didnt heal, but I received the least amount of Dmg, and the Player Dmg was the 2nd highest. I just wonder why my teammate with 18-8 was just 2nd place. The Game was Encounter, 45min and I was at minute ~35 3rd one in my Team with 2-1, after that I did 5 Kills in a row...

So is the Leader Board sorted or just randomized? And how?

2nd Question: Which Gods would u advise me to buy?
Now I play RA / Neith.
RA: I play mostly as a Healing Machine and supporter??? who kills most of the minions, but I do lack of skill to kills other players. However most of the games I finish positive.
Neith I play as a very fast running glasscannon, however I m a noob and play more defensively.

I still dont have a big idea of the game and lanes, most time I look at the map and go to the hotspots or I go with other players to help them(especially with RA).

Which Gods can u advise me to buy? I like RA but I dont like his Ultimate, I like Neith but I dont like her Ultimate as well? I even dont know for sure how to use it correctly... I tried Guan Yu and I failed hard...(tried him with defensive items and auras as a healing tank).

3rd Question: Is high movement a good choice especially for beginners?
Especially in Arena I ve read it is important to stay alive. So I always choose Items with high Movement. Is it a good Choice for beginners or should I try to get more Dmg / Toughness instead of running away or chasing enemies with Neith especially.

4th Question: Cooldown Reduction or Dmg?
Especially on RA (my Healing MACHINE) I try to get high Cooldown Reduction, so I just need to wait some a few seconds to cast my 1st and 3rd spell. Would you advise me to get more Magid Dmg or rather go on more cooldown to spam the skills?

Last Question: are there Gods who are 1vs1 overpowered against certain other gods?
Playing against Fenrir and Thor was annoying so far, I always keep running away and they try to hunt me down... when they come near I m literally dead all the time :/

Thank you for ur help :)

Red_Angelus

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by CakeSlapping » March 25, 2016 11:37am | Report
Welcome to SmiteFire, there's plenty of people who can help you here, I'll even try now!

1. It's randomised, I believe. Nothing to do with score, just what order you're standing in at the fountain (your base)

2. Not sure who to recommend. I'd recommend you find a tutorial so you actually know what role particular gods are made to fill.

I'd say Bellona and Sun Wukong are both great for a beginner though.

However, if you go into 'jungle practice' in training you can try any God for free and play around with them, so I'd recommend maybe you do that until you find someone you like.

Also Neith's ult is brilliant, you can aim it at any enemy God your team has vision on, anywhere on the map, and it will never miss (even through walls) unless another enemy God gets in the way, and it does damage and stuns on hit.

3. NO NO NO!!

You ALWAYS want to build boots as your first or second item with ANY god you play, but building any more movement speed on gods that don't need it will get you killed quicker. For example, Ra doesn't want movement speed, he wants damage and cooldown generally. However, Kali will benefit from a bit more movement speed as it increases her chase potential.

4. You want to try and balance both with Ra, I think (don't really play Ra, but that's what I'd build)

5. Yes, every God is suited to different things, so 1v1 there's always gods that will dominate other gods. So you need to learn your god's strengths and limitations and play according to them.

Hope that helps a bit but I would highly recommend you take a look at THIS BRILLIANT GUIDE!!

CakeSlapping

Prominent (29)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 26, 2016 5:06am | Report
Welcome
As cake already answered some things I will try to add points onto them.

1. It's dependent on the tab screen in game which is dependent on the lobby screen.

2. For beginners the 5 starter gods are pretty good with exception of Guan Yu they all fit a certain roles see cakes linked guide for info on the roles and stuff (for conquest).

Recommending someone is hard as you didn't really tell your preferences. Trying gods out in the free rotation or in jungle practise will help you find someone you like.

3. The only movement speed item required is like cake said boots normally around 1st or 2nd item (sometimes 3rd but then you have an item that gives a small amount of speed in slot 1 or 2)

4. First things you need to ask yourself: what mode am I playing, What does my team need, what does the enemy team have and most importantly what do I like playing.
This sort of counts for every god however in most cases this applies to mages with heals, warriors and guardians.

The mode you really need to ask yourself this is assault, because teams can be pretty random on what your team has and doesn't have (same for opponent).

Ra is one of those gods that can be build in multiple ways (warriors and guardians are even worse in this). The only thing that stands and answers your question is that mages need both CDR and Power/damage.

normally a mage builds this way:
1. boots (mostly Shoes of Focus but several times Shoes of the Magi are also used)
2. stacking item ( Doom Orb (risky damage item but provides good stats), Book of Thoth (the mana with early game power pick) or warlocks sash (which is the Hp pick and really good for beginners))
3. CDR (most people pick chronos' pendant for more power but agaisnt a heavy physical team [[breastplate of valor is a good pick)

from here the order changes and several items too however a penetration item and Rod of Tahuti are always there (depends if you want to use lifesteal or go for more damage with Soul Reaver or snowballing)

4. lifesteal (this really depends on how much you like CDR or are a bit basic attack based as Polynomicon (basic attack), Bancroft's Talon (more power option, it's more used when not going stacking and going double lifesteal) and Pythagorem's Piece (the max CDR pick in combo with slot 3 20% and Shoes of Focus 10%)

5. penetration ( Obsidian Shard against tanky, Spear of the Magus when you have a lot of tick damage or Spear of Desolation if you are getting load of kills)

6. Rod of Tahuti the more power pick always in a mage build.

When you want to go for a more heal oriented Ra you go full CDR to spam Solar Blessing and instead of going stacking take rod of Aesculapius to boost your healing.

5. All gods have a certain thing they are good in. Also have all gods an area of the game they are good in or terrible in. ah good example is Thanatos he is really strong early game however late game he isn't as strong anymore. if he is snowballing he wants to finish the game asap before people can catch up to him.

If you have any more questions just ask them a lot of people are happy to help

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Red_Angelus » March 26, 2016 12:32pm | Report
Thanks alot for your help, I bought my first God yesterday... AMOR :)

I dont like to play melee, so 50% of the gods wont be a good choice for me.

Generally I like playing liek a glass cannon as a dmg dealer or I like Chars who have "magical" defense skils, like Immortality, Timeslow or Pets who get the DMG or something like that.
Referring to Diablo 3, I loved playing Demon Hunter with Bow/Crossbow and Mage.

I deceided to play AMOR and I'm in love with him for now :D
He has a good Escape Skill I can use aswell for chasing enemies and he can heal a lot. His Ultimate seems to be awesome sometimes and sometimes not, but maybe I just dont get it. Do enemies have to "touch" the hearts or not?

My current Items are the following:
1. Transendence
Physical Power and no Manaproblems, I really dont run out of it

2. Warrior Tabi Movement + Physical Power

3. Winged Blade for some HP, CC Reduce and Movement and Attack Speed

4. Rage for more Power and Crit Chance

5. Deathbringer even more Power and CritChance/DMG

6. Odysseus Bow more Attack Speed and a nice passive?

What would you change?

Is there a god who is ranged and very fast at attacking? What about a build with very high attack speed like 2.5 a second? Possible?
Or very high lifesteal on hit? Is something like that possible?

I dont want to think as much on other players in my match for the first time, so I would like to get the best overall plug-and-play setup :)

Red_Angelus

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Red_Angelus » March 26, 2016 12:40pm | Report
Devampi wrote:

Welcome
As cake already answered some things I will try to add points onto them.

1. It's dependent on the tab screen in game which is dependent on the lobby screen.

2. For beginners the 5 starter gods are pretty good with exception of Guan Yu they all fit a certain roles see cakes linked guide for info on the roles and stuff (for conquest).

Recommending someone is hard as you didn't really tell your preferences. Trying gods out in the free rotation or in jungle practise will help you find someone you like.

3. The only movement speed item required is like cake said boots normally around 1st or 2nd item (sometimes 3rd but then you have an item that gives a small amount of speed in slot 1 or 2)

4. First things you need to ask yourself: what mode am I playing, What does my team need, what does the enemy team have and most importantly what do I like playing.
This sort of counts for every god however in most cases this applies to mages with heals, warriors and guardians.

The mode you really need to ask yourself this is assault, because teams can be pretty random on what your team has and doesn't have (same for opponent).

Ra is one of those gods that can be build in multiple ways (warriors and guardians are even worse in this). The only thing that stands and answers your question is that mages need both CDR and Power/damage.

normally a mage builds this way:
1. boots (mostly Shoes of Focus but several times Shoes of the Magi are also used)
2. stacking item ( Doom Orb (risky damage item but provides good stats), Book of Thoth (the mana with early game power pick) or warlocks sash (which is the Hp pick and really good for beginners))
3. CDR (most people pick chronos' pendant for more power but agaisnt a heavy physical team [[breastplate of valor is a good pick)

from here the order changes and several items too however a penetration item and Rod of Tahuti are always there (depends if you want to use lifesteal or go for more damage with Soul Reaver or snowballing)

4. lifesteal (this really depends on how much you like CDR or are a bit basic attack based as Polynomicon (basic attack), Bancroft's Talon (more power option, it's more used when not going stacking and going double lifesteal) and Pythagorem's Piece (the max CDR pick in combo with slot 3 20% and Shoes of Focus 10%)

5. penetration ( Obsidian Shard against tanky, Spear of the Magus when you have a lot of tick damage or Spear of Desolation if you are getting load of kills)

6. Rod of Tahuti the more power pick always in a mage build.

When you want to go for a more heal oriented Ra you go full CDR to spam Solar Blessing and instead of going stacking take rod of Aesculapius to boost your healing.

5. All gods have a certain thing they are good in. Also have all gods an area of the game they are good in or terrible in. ah good example is Thanatos he is really strong early game however late game he isn't as strong anymore. if he is snowballing he wants to finish the game asap before people can catch up to him.

If you have any more questions just ask them a lot of people are happy to help

thanks, I will try it out at RA.

Playing online I mostly go to the action or where my help is needed in encounter games, so would you suggest to play RA for this role or not?
So I dont like to play a LANE for now, I always look at the map and I try to read where to help to attack or defend a tower :D

Red_Angelus

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » March 27, 2016 9:12am | Report
Ra should go mid as rotating is very good possible (but not immediatly)

also with AMOR you mean Cupid?

doesn't really mind though what that build misses is penetration ( Titan's Bane or executioner)

if it's indeed Cupid it also misses lifesteal but the Winged Blade sort of is in place for that.

A 2.5 attack speed is possible but normally people won't go for it as you will probably overcap it (as 2.5 is the cap any more AS won't increase it)

I would also switch Rage for Malice as it's considered stronger.

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }