Smitefire logo

Join the leading SMITE community.
Create and share God Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hunter build

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on SmiteFire.

Forum » New Player Help » Hunter build 24 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Creature133 » November 2, 2015 4:14pm | Report
So i've been in smite for a while but i have curiosity about the flexibility of the hunters build, for example: when is used Asi instead of Ichaival or Executioner. I normally build Transcendence but in some cases or gods is better Devourers globes? Also what is the basic hunter build? Is double stacking a good strategy?

Creature133

Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » November 2, 2015 4:25pm | Report
Double stacking is never a good strategy. Transcendence for hunters that use more mana or abilities and the gloves for more basic attackers. Asi usually goes with the first option, and ichavial is just an early game item to be sold later.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PresentPerfect » November 2, 2015 6:59pm | Report
Double stacking takes too much time. I mean, if you completely invest into pushing, it's not a terrible idea, but the only ones who can do it are ADCs (because everywhere else is expected to roam), and there are only two stackable items for ADCs and they have rather poor efficiency together.

Ancile might be useful against a Sol/Freya/Chronos ADC or something, or a magic heavy team with a underfed enemy ADC.
Transcendence is a core ADC item on a couple of builds.
Devourer's Gauntlet are also a core item on a couple of builds.

But considering the price of Transcendence, it's pretty rare you're going to stack more than one item, simply because it'll take longer for you to reach an optimal level of efficiency.

It's your choice on whether taking the time to buy and stack is worth getting behind.

PresentPerfect

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » November 2, 2015 7:08pm | Report
Ancile shouldnt be an option for hunters, cause they ARE supposed to have lifesteal items that are VERY effective cause their damage output.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by PresentPerfect » November 2, 2015 7:11pm | Report
Lifesteal is good for sustained fights. But it does you no good if you get bursted down by a fed Janus or Poseidon. It's a niche item, certainly, but it can be an option.

PresentPerfect

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by GameGeekFan » November 2, 2015 7:29pm | Report
Just deleted two statements cause of my stupidity (getting ahead of myself)

Usually its for warriors, adcs are all about the burst. Good supports help with mages, they are a weakness to any hunter.

GameGeekFan
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (50)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » November 2, 2015 8:11pm | Report
I could see a build with Ancile -> Ninja Tabi -> Asi -> The Executioner -> crit working well if they choose a mage ADC. You wouldn't have as much dps late game compared to replacing it with Transcendence, but you'd have lower cooldowns, better survivability and a better laning phase.

The thing about mage ADCs is that they're generally very bursty compared to hunters even with their basics, so surviving that is usually more essential than out DPSing them during their burst.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Devampi » November 3, 2015 12:51am | Report
A defensive item works well in casual or low Elo as it gives more room for mistakes (a little bit though).
It will take a bit of a hit in damage you will put out but it is a nice change.

also more on topic adc mostly use 2 different start builds. one being the Devourer's Gauntlet ichiaval the other Transcendence- Asi. Also never switch The Executioner as it is the best pen item for basic attack builds (gives as much pen on full stacks as Titan's Bane even a bit more.

the basic builds are:
Devourer's Gauntlet- Ninja Tabi-ichiaval- The Executioner- Rage- Deathbringer switch ichivial for another item (mostly brawler's beatstick)

or

Transcendence- Ninja Tabi- Asi- The Executioner- Rage- Deathbringer. you could switch Asi late game too for another better lifesteal item (ending up at Bloodforge)

Devampi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (105)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Zilby » November 3, 2015 1:38am | Report
Devampi wrote:

A defensive item works well in casual or low Elo as it gives more room for mistakes (a little bit though).
It will take a bit of a hit in damage you will put out but it is a nice change.
People grab Soul Eater instead of devos in higher elos sometimes for the same reasons I mentioned while laning against hunters, it's just that mage adcs aren't really played in high elos, that's why you'd never see Ancile.
Smite Account: Zilby__________Steam Account: Zilby
Blizzard: Zilby#11991_________Twitch: TheZilb

I am the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent you've ever set eyes upon!.. Oh, her? Yes, well... she's with me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. I can offer feedback on gameplay and BBcoding tips, as well as moderation help if needed.

Zilby
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Renowned (132)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | +Rep by Vithaliy » November 3, 2015 2:22am | Report
I agree with Zilby, Transcendence + Soul Eater (300 HP!) work perfectly together.
Also, if I have a hunter with a steroid in his kit, I'll build Warrior Tabi instead of Ninja Tabi.
Xbox One Player

Timezone CET (Paris, Europe)
Playtime From 7pm to 12am
Pref. Roles Support | Jungler

Have a look on my brand new Arachne guide!

Vithaliy

Remarkable (8)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

SMITEFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new god, or fine tune your favorite SMITE gods’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 SMITEFire | All Rights Reserved

} } } } }